Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolles

What's the problem with him being 25? Everyone here wanted us to trade for a 32 year old LT.

Yeah Joe Thomas is elite right now and Bolles isn't, but if Garret can be our LT for two contracts the pick will be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Still kinda mad we lost Trevathen but like I think we need lines more. I mean I want a mid later round lber that can compete. If we get some one who can protect the qb and keep our pass rushers and CBS elite we are still in a good spot having good defensive line play helps the running defense way more then a n elite ilb
    But again, why should we be settling for mid to late rounds on a Lber? please explain that to me. Middle LBer is a big need for us and we were god awful down the middle last season. I agree we need OL also, but is there really THAT MUCH of a difference with what Bolles brings compared to what other tackles going in the 2nd round will bring?

When you draft at Number 20 and pick outside of the QB position, you want a guy that is almost guaranteed to start Day 1. We can't guarantee that with Bolles and he is a project. The draft is a gamble wherever you pick but you try to do your best to limit the odds and I dont think we did that.

Foster was being compared to Ray Lewis pre-draft. Not to say he is going to be the next Ray Lewis but he's a top 5 talent that was in a position of need and Elway dropped the ball IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He also hasn't failed on 1st round picks either, his history with his 1st round pick is solid
    Meh, Sylvester Williams is no longer on the team, Bradley Roby and Shane Ray have been good picks. Jury is out on Lynch. and Von was a cant miss.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    But again, why should we be settling for mid to late rounds on a Lber? please explain that to me. Middle LBer is a big need for us and we were god awful down the middle last season. I agree we need OL also, but is there really THAT MUCH of a difference with what Bolles brings compared to what other tackles going in the 2nd round will bring?

When you draft at Number 20 and pick outside of the QB position, you want a guy that is almost guaranteed to start Day 1. We can't guarantee that with Bolles and he is a project. The draft is a gamble wherever you pick but you try to do your best to limit the odds and I dont think we did that.

Foster was being compared to Ray Lewis pre-draft. Not to say he is going to be the next Ray Lewis but he's a top 5 talent that was in a position of need and Elway dropped the ball IMO.
    Robinson and lamp will probably go early second so the drop off between first and second round talent is big if they are gone.

Cause I feel any lb would look bad with a NY getting pushed five yards back and average De at best on one side

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    my fantasy team was graded a C by them too this past season. was projected to win 4 games.....won the league......
    Not saying i agree with it...just putting it out there guy.

Happy for your fantasy team, maybe with that logic we'll win the SB!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Robinson and lamp will probably go early second so the drop off between first and second round talent is big if they are gone
    'IF' being the word there.
    Point being we could have traded back and picked up a pick and still got a guy of equal talent.

He was the most talented offensive lineman in the draft.
    That's according to Stink and several others whom I respect.

I like getting the most talented OT in the draft ....

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    He was the most talented offensive lineman in the draft.
    That's according to Stink and several others whom I respect.

I like getting the most talented OT in the draft ....
    Did you also hear the part where they mentioned he was the most raw technique wise and least prepared to be a starter early in the season?

Two sides to a coin.

I am happy the Broncos drafted a really talented olineman. Love some of his comments and his demeanor. Now he just needs to prove it on the field and justify his being a mid first round selection. Considering the amount of talent in that range that was not selected, he has a lot to prove. IMO.

Point being we could have traded back and picked up a pick and still got a guy of equal talent.
    In your opinion. It's possible (and likely given the pick) that the FO doesn't feel the same about it.

Denver addressed an area of dire need with the best player in the draft at that position. Still plenty of picks to go and lots of good players still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In your opinion. It's possible (and likely given the pick) that the FO doesn't feel the same about it.

Denver addressed an area of dire need with the best player in the draft at that position. Still plenty of picks to go and lots of good players still there.
    Well its not my opinion its fact. There are still linemen that graded out as highly as Bolles that are still available. Maybe the front office doesnt feel the same way but that also doesnt mean they are infallible.

We 'reached' for an area of need with 'one' of the best players available in the draft at that position. He is still a project whichever way you shake it.

Still plenty of picks to go but Elway's history of picks in Round 2 also does not leave me feeling anymore confident.

Eric Goodman‏
    @EricGoodman

#Broncos Bolles, "If you touch my WR, my QB, or anyone on my team, it’s like touching my wife; you’re going to get in trouble with me."
    Alright, this has sold on Bolles now
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

We have plenty of Picks with few available spots on the Roster for a rookie.

Elway stuck with the "Plan", and got the top Offensive Lineman in the Draft. The Broncos needed a quality Offensive Lineman, having ignored the position for a long time, and they pulled the trigger on Bolles. They don't need more 3rd and 4th Round Picks. In any case, it's a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    We have plenty of Picks with few available spots on the Roster for a rookie.

Elway stuck with the "Plan", and got the top Offensive Lineman in the Draft. The Broncos needed a quality Offensive Lineman, having ignored the position for a long time, and they pulled the trigger on Bolles. They don't need more 3rd and 4th Round Picks. In any case, it's a done deal.
    fingers crossed he starts day 1 and is a big success.

If is more of a very likely to be gone I see both being mocked top ten of the second

Meh, Sylvester Williams is no longer on the team, Bradley Roby and Shane Ray have been good picks. Jury is out on Lynch. and Von was a cant miss.
    Go back to the 2011 draft talk and look at the number of people saying Von was a terrible pick because he was a LB we didn't need and did not fit the defense while Dareus was the impact DT the team needed so much.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607