Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    A lot of cry babies here. Bolles is a starter from day 1 and is mean and nasty. Ty is a soft buttecup; they're entirely two different players. Bolles would NOT have been available tomorrow. The giants and Seahawks were both looking at him as a late first rounder. You want Cam from alabama? The dude just got arrested on gun and weed charges. No thanks.
    Actually I wanted Lamp...and technically aren't you a crybaby complaining about Ty? Guess who drafted him also? And you want Bolles, who got kicked out of 5 schools? Look he's a Bronco, cool. I like his fighting mentality, and fighting past the whistle. We need that players like that. But personally, seeing as how the board went, we could have gotten him in the second, or even traded back, seeing as how Cleveland ended up with the 29th pick.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

If Elway had some succes in the past on linemen i wouldn't be so scared....Paradis is the only OL we drafted that panned out the rest have been trash...I hope we did everything we could to trade up for Howard or Allen and Bolles was our fallback

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

A lot of cry babies here. Bolles is a starter from day 1 and is mean and nasty. Ty is a soft buttecup; they're entirely two different players. Bolles would NOT have been available tomorrow. The giants and Seahawks were both looking at him as a late first rounder. You want Cam from alabama? The dude just got arrested on gun and weed charges. No thanks.
    I agree. The Broncos have avoided spending top picks on offensive lineman for a long, long time. Elway and the Scouting Dept. liked Bolles, so they took him. BPA "at a position of need", and the 1st offensive lineman taken in the Draft. Elway stayed the course, and got a tough, mean, athletic, and fast player. Now it's up to the offensive line coaches to mold the guy into an All-Pro. There should be some really good competition at LT with Sambrailo finally being healthy.

So yeah, I'm happy with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Actually I wanted Lamp...and technically aren't you a crybaby complaining about Ty? Guess who drafted him also? And you want Bolles, who got kicked out of 5 schools? Look he's a Bronco, cool. I like his fighting mentality, and fighting past the whistle. We need that players like that. But personally, seeing as how the board went, we could have gotten him in the second, or even traded back, seeing as how Cleveland ended up with the 29th pick.
    5 schools when he was a troubled teen. Ty has 0 athleticism and 0 meanstreak. they are NOT the same player. also, so what if hes 25? he's not a running back. Moreover, he has very limited football miles on him; I can argue he's younger than many players. Anyone who has played a division 1 sport like I have will know this. Bolles is a great pick up with 0 sex appreal which i'm totally fine with. Thank goodness we didnt get McCaffrey. We need clothes for xmas not xbox 1.

5 schools when he was a troubled teen. Ty has 0 athleticism and 0 meanstreak. they are NOT the same player. also, so what if hes 25? he's not a running back. Moreover, he has very limited football miles on him; I can argue he's younger than many players. Anyone who has played a division 1 sport like I have will know this. Bolles is a great pick up with 0 sex appreal which i'm totally fine with. Thank goodness we didnt get McCaffrey. We need clothes for xmas not xbox 1.
    And if Ty wins the starting job are you going to hold that opinion? Elway has said some very different things than you about him.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I will say my peace, and then it's off to sleep for me(hopefully).

I don't even try to pretend to know how to evaluate players in football, especially the offensive line. So I have no problem deferring to experts.

However, in a draft with very little talent in the O-Line department, according to many, many experts, Elway drafting the most athletic one is fine with me.

It would have been nice if Elway could have waved his magic Bronco head in 7 circles and traded all of our non 1st round picks to opposing teams for their 1st round picks, then we could have stockpiled RB talent, picked all 3 top rated OTs and had them battle it out for LT and RT and sent the other one inside to G, grabbed a couple LBs and DTs and a WR and TE, but this isn't freaking Madden.

For those complaining that he could have traded back, remember that requires someone wanting to trade up.

So before we go all crazy, lets do what we do every year. Wait and see how it works out.

Good night.

I don't hate the Bolles pick, but holy smokes... Reuben Foster, a guy being compared to Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, was on the board. That is crazy to me. I was for sure, Reuben was an easy choice. Unless his medical stuff came out really bad, he'd need another surgery, and wasn't going to play this year... then I don't get it.

It's not sexy. It was obviously a need. They must have been SUPER, SUPER high on this guy. He better dominate.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post

I don't even try to pretend to know how to evaluate players in football, especially the offensive line. So I have no problem deferring to experts.

However, in a draft with very little talent in the O-Line department, according to many, many experts, Elway drafting the most athletic one is fine with me.

It would have been nice if Elway could have waved his magic Bronco head in 7 circles and traded all of our non 1st round picks to opposing teams for their 1st round picks, then we could have stockpiled RB talent, picked all 3 top rated OTs and had them battle it out for LT and RT and sent the other one inside to G, grabbed a couple LBs and DTs and a WR and TE, but this isn't freaking Madden.

For those complaining that he could have traded back, remember that requires someone wanting to trade up.

So before we go all crazy, lets do what we do every year. Wait and see how it works out.

Good night.
    We basically just got Wolfe except on the O line at left tackle where we have a desperate need. No way Ty starts over him. Bolles is only going to grow and get bigger and stronger and he has what you cant coach, extreme athleticism and hes mean and nasty. we need that to set the precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post

Good night.
    I believe the Browns traded back in for the 29th pick. I'm sure they would have liked our 20th, but we don't know the details.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    And if Ty wins the starting job are you going to hold that opinion? Elway has said some very different things than you about him.
    What is Elway going to say? "Ty really stinks but I have to play him sometimes because everyone else really stinks?" cmon man. Elway knows Ty is awful, we all do. bolles is the Wolf on Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I don't hate the Bolles pick, but holy smokes... Reuben Foster, a guy being compared to Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, was on the board. That is crazy to me. I was for sure, Reuben was an easy choice. Unless his medical stuff came out really bad, he'd need another surgery, and wasn't going to play this year... then I don't get it.

It's not sexy. It was obviously a need. They must have been SUPER, SUPER high on this guy. He better dominate.
    Lots of injuries and I like our formula of fast line backers later in the draft that will feed off of our already stout defense. Maybe we grab another run stuffer on the Dline right away? or gamble on Joe Mixon?

From DP:

While on the clock Thursday evening, the Broncos received multiple calls to move back in the draft but stood pat to get a guy they had atop their board for their needs. Of tackles projected to go in the first round, Bolles was No. 1 on their list. Ahead of Wisconsin’s Ryan Ramczyk. Ahead of Cam Robinson.

His journey off the field, the Broncos believed, was not a red flag but a testament to his maturity. His grit on the field? Well, that was obvious. And his biggest selling point.

“I just have a quick urge to get off the ball because I just want to punch the guy in the mouth and just do whatever I can to be successful,” Bolles said at the combine. “That’s what I bring to the organization, is just a person who just loves football. And I have the dog inside of me. That’s what I believe I have going for me. I have the dog and I know exactly what I want to do.”

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    From DP:

While on the clock Thursday evening, the Broncos received multiple calls to move back in the draft but stood pat to get a guy they had atop their board for their needs. Of tackles projected to go in the first round, Bolles was No. 1 on their list. Ahead of Wisconsin’s Ryan Ramczyk. Ahead of Cam Robinson.

His journey off the field, the Broncos believed, was not a red flag but a testament to his maturity. His grit on the field? Well, that was obvious. And his biggest selling point.

“I just have a quick urge to get off the ball because I just want to punch the guy in the mouth and just do whatever I can to be successful,” Bolles said at the combine. “That’s what I bring to the organization, is just a person who just loves football. And I have the dog inside of me. That’s what I believe I have going for me. I have the dog and I know exactly what I want to do.”
    I'm shocked that people don't like this pick. O Tackle is so freaking important and Cam is NOT better than bolles. No thanks. Ty was a head scratcher no name when we picked him in the 2nd round. Experts rank Bolles 1 or 2 all across every ranking and I think bolles is vastly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    From DP:

So Elway had the opportunity to move back, but chose to stay and take the guy he wanted. So, now we know the details. I think it was the right choice. Some think that it was the wrong choice. And Elway, with the help of his Scouting Dept., gets to be the decider. The decision is made.

But, the more I hear about Bolles, beyond his excellent measurables, the more I like him.

What is Elway going to say? "Ty really stinks but I have to play him sometimes because everyone else really stinks?" cmon man. Elway knows Ty is awful, we all do. bolles is the Wolf on Oline.
    really? He could have just said when asked about left tackle that they're exploring all options, mentioned they have several players that could start at that position, etc. Yet he chose to specifically mention that Ty was excellent in his rookie year and that he was ready again at that position and that he had high expectations of him. Since we spent a first on Bolles, and seeing as how he's already 25 and only 2 months younger than Ty, he could absolutely win. But I don't think that Elway would have made that specific of a statement on Ty without seeing his potential.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!