Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    really? He could have just said when asked about left tackle that they're exploring all options, mentioned they have several players that could start at that position, etc. Yet he chose to specifically mention that Ty was excellent in his rookie year and that he was ready again at that position and that he had high expectations of him. Since we spent a first on Bolles, and seeing as how he's already 25 and only 2 months younger than Ty, he could absolutely win. But I don't think that Elway would have made that specific of a statement on Ty without seeing his potential.
    Ty was awful and couldn't stay healthy and had 0 speed and athleticism. We all know Elway thinks Ty stinks. You're complaining about semantics? Bolles is Wolfe on the O line. I am super pumped we chose him.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Ty was awful and couldn't stay healthy and had 0 speed and athleticism. We all know Elway thinks Ty stinks. You're complaining about semantics? Bolles is Wolfe on the O line. I am super pumped we chose him.
    I don't know that, so you can subtract me from "we all'.

Ty Sambrailo is athletic enough to have been a freestyle skier, so IDK about the 0 athleticism part either.

He was supposed to play RT in 2015, but due to Clady going on IR, he started the season at LT. During the three games he played, he showed promise IMO. He had shoulder followed by elbow injuries which hindered his recovery. When he played last year, he didn't look ready. Word is he worked out in the offseason to build strength and conditioning. We'll see what happens in TC. With O-Linemen, you can't tell until the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins.

I hope every single guy on the 90 man roster does well in TC. It would be a good thing to see all the O-Linemen busting their butts to be in the five.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I like the guy's attitude.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I don't hate the Bolles pick, but holy smokes... Reuben Foster, a guy being compared to Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, was on the board. That is crazy to me. I was for sure, Reuben was an easy choice. Unless his medical stuff came out really bad, he'd need another surgery, and wasn't going to play this year... then I don't get it.

It's not sexy. It was obviously a need. They must have been SUPER, SUPER high on this guy. He better dominate.
    Foster went 31st, so apparently there's something out there that we as fans don't know, because a lot of teams, including ones with needs at MLB passed on him as well. If Denver drafted 7th, had the choice to take him and didn't and then he went the very next pick, I would understand, but 30 players got picked before him, so something doesn't add up there.

I don't know much about Bolles to offer an opinion, I was initially worried about his age, but apparently he went on a Mormon mission for 2 years, which is why he's the age he is. Denver had their choice of o-linemen, and they decided this was the one they wanted the most, so there must be something they know that we don't. And then there's the fact that at some point they needed to make a commitment to the o-line, you can't just keep drafting developmental guys and hoping they pan out.

Glad they went o-line, wouldn't be upset at all if they managed to trade up and take Forrest Lamp as well, double dip. Otherwise just keep filling holes with the BPA at a position of need.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I don't understand why everyone's so upset with this pick like we failed the 2017 season already lol.

Our Oline stinks, this guy is a mauler. He fits a need, was graded as one of the top 3 linemen available across the board by experts, and is already more matured and ready to start during our peak defense window what with being 25 years old already. I like this pick a lot can't wait to see who we choose tomorrow. I also agree with what was said earlier in this thread about his work ethic. With him bringing his baby boy up to the podium (cheesy but lol i know guys like that) you know he's going to work his ass off to make sure that kid has anything he could ever want. That's the kind of guys you want on your team - BIG STRONG MEAN HARD WORKERS.

Go Broncos! Keep the faith, guys.

I'm not complaining about anything, except that we could have netted another second round pick, which is actually a pretty big deal. And apparently you know exactly what Elway is thinking, despite him saying exactly the opposite of what you just spouted.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-27-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

5 schools when he was a troubled teen. Ty has 0 athleticism and 0 meanstreak. they are NOT the same player. also, so what if hes 25? he's not a running back. Moreover, he has very limited football miles on him; I can argue he's younger than many players. Anyone who has played a division 1 sport like I have will know this. Bolles is a great pick up with 0 sex appreal which i'm totally fine with. Thank goodness we didnt get McCaffrey. We need clothes for xmas not xbox 1.
    All of Sambrailo scouting reports said he played through the whistle and had a mean streak. They also said he was extremely athletic and can get to the 2nd level with ease as well as mirroring edge rushers. Bolles has an eerily similar scouting report on him

So after taking some breathing time and thinking. I'm okay with the pick. Prior to the draft I really didn't want Bolles and preferred lamp and Ryan, but thinking back elway seems to avoid medical problems early in the draft. So makes sense he would pass on Ryan.

Lamp is viewed as a guard so I'm guessing that is why he wasn't the choice. Plus I'm willing to give our new offensive line coach a chance to work his magic.

Because in the end I'm going to give all players a chance before trying to run them out of town without them ever taking a snap.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Threads like this. ..you can tell who knows football, and who watches football.

what do you mean by that? like or hate pick?

Ty finally had an offseason to weight train.... and it clearly shows. I wouldn't count him out.... and, just think, Ty is only 3 months older than Bolles (and has all that professional experience).

Bolles played 2 years at juco and 1 at Utah. In other words, Ty has as much experience in NFL as GB has in his "college" career.

If I was a betting man, I would wager on Ty winning the LT job.

It might be hard for Bolles to beat out Watson and Stephenson too for RT. We shall see....

Question guys, if sambriano and watson come in and play well at OT then do we move bolles inside. he can play guard or did we wiff on not getting forest lamp

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

With Von Miller and Shane Ray on the roster, training camp will tell if Bolles is ready to play LT.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Actually I wanted Lamp...and technically aren't you a crybaby complaining about Ty? Guess who drafted him also? And you want Bolles, who got kicked out of 5 schools? Look he's a Bronco, cool. I like his fighting mentality, and fighting past the whistle. We need that players like that. But personally, seeing as how the board went, we could have gotten him in the second, or even traded back, seeing as how Cleveland ended up with the 29th pick.

Just curious, what makes you think they didn't try to trade back. Trades take two participants, you know.

I have been very critical of John Elway's drafting in the past and the criticism has been warranted. I have been annoyed with the neglect to the trenches, specifically the offensive line early in the draft. Before today we had very little talent at the tackle position with Ty Sambrailo, Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson and I thought it was a must to add one of the top 4 offensive tackles in the draft, and we did.

Garett Bolles may not have been every bodies first choice at offensive tackle, he wasn't mine however there is no denying he was worthy of a late first round grade along with Cam Robinson, Forrest Lamp and Ryan Ramczyk. We possibly could have traded back a few picks and grabbed him however there were strong rumours that he was Seattle's main target in the 20's and if the front office loved him, then I have no problem with them over drafting by a few spots.

I personally still don't trust John Elway with drafting offensive players as his track record is flat out bad. However I think that Garett Bolles will be a day one starter and improve our run game immediately. I really like his mentality and the tape he has put up has been rock solid. He is in no way shape or form a liability in pass protection, and he is a great run blocker making me very excited at the possibility of a Ronald Leary and Garett Bolles combo on the left side opening holes for our running backs.

As everyone who hasn't liked the pick has said, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and has some concerns with his character. Neither of these things worry or annoy me though, the one negative that does is he is going to be playing as a 25 year old rookie which is a bit of a downer. However if people can look past these things and try to see the positives they will see a lot of things they like. The offensive line got better with Garett Bolles joining the team.