Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: remember guys

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    5,795

    remember guys

    you build a team from the line out. you get a good line that can defend the QB/ Rush the passer. after that you get the sexy pieces aka the skill positions. it has been proven that it is done this way . stop the panic and remember how bad our o-line play was. the QB WR and i feel if there wasn't an mlb right at the line of scrimmage cause how bad of blocking we had last season RBs are fine. WE NEED TO BUILD OUR LINE JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT THE SEXY PICK, does not mean he wont be a play maker.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    2,872
    If you are Elway, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

    What is this teams biggest need, that most fans can agree on? The Offensive Line. Elway takes their BPA at a position of need who also happens to be the 1st Offensive Lineman taken in the Draft, and Elway gets beat up, by some, because he didn't take a middle linebacker.

    Frankly, I'm just glad that Elway is in charge.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If you are Elway, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

    What is this teams biggest need, that most fans can agree on? The Offensive Line. Elway takes their BPA at a position of need who also happens to be the 1st Offensive Lineman taken in the Draft, and Elway gets beat up, by some, because he didn't take a middle linebacker.

    Frankly, I'm just glad that Elway is in charge.
    Elway hasn't drafted a player to make the Pro Bowl since 2011 (Von and Julius Thomas). I think there's reason for his choices to be questioned at this point in time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,916
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Elway hasn't drafted a player to make the Pro Bowl since 2011 (Von and Julius Thomas). I think there's reason for his choices to be questioned at this point in time.
    Though we missed the playoffs in 2016, we haven't had a losing season, we've been to the SB twice, winning once, and won the division 5 straight times. So I disagree that's it's time to question his choices. Hes built winning teams from his first day here as GM.

    And though he didn't draft them, CJ and Harris were rookie UDFA's that's Elway signed and CJ made the PB in 2014 and Harris has been a perennial PB'er. So those two are fully groomed Broncos from day 1

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Though we missed the playoffs in 2016, we haven't had a losing season, we've been to the SB twice, winning once, and won the division 5 straight times. So I disagree that's it's time to question his choices. Hes built winning teams from his first day here as GM.

    And though he didn't draft them, CJ and Harris were rookie UDFA's that's Elway signed and CJ made the PB in 2014 and Harris has been a perennial PB'er. So those two are fully groomed Broncos from day 1
    The gloom and doom for taking bolles is hilarious. This is a tremendous upgrade in the running game. people wanted a wounded line backer with character issues as our first pick?! lol they're crazy. I hope we get more DL and maybe even take a gamble on joe mixon. thoughts? i was upset about using a 2nd rounder on gotsis last year, but our late first roudner on bolles is a no-brainer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,790
    Its okay guys we will take a wrost player no one knows in the 2nd, that what we do in the 2nd and this one will look like a steal, until hes beaten out by a 7th round pick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Its okay guys we will take wrost player no one knows in the 2nd, that what we do in the 2nd.
    lol please dont remind me of that. our second round has been historically the worst. let's hope for joe mixon or a no brainer BPA. Not another project like gotsis who we probably could have taken in the 5th round.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Though we missed the playoffs in 2016, we haven't had a losing season, we've been to the SB twice, winning once, and won the division 5 straight times. So I disagree that's it's time to question his choices. Hes built winning teams from his first day here as GM.

    And though he didn't draft them, CJ and Harris were rookie UDFA's that's Elway signed and CJ made the PB in 2014 and Harris has been a perennial PB'er. So those two are fully groomed Broncos from day 1
    Yes, Elway has done well with FAs and UDFAs. However, that doesn't mean he's beyond reproach when it comes to criticizing his draft picks.

    My question is, how much did Manning influence FAs coming to Denver? In the two off-seasons since Manning retired it seems we haven't done as well in FA as we did when he was here. Is it possible players like Calais Campbell may have come here if Manning was here? Elway used to "get his man", but doesn't seem he's been doing so well at this lately.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,133
    I can just hear Elway offer the following advice to a young coach Joseph in the war room last night:

    First you get the line,
    Then you get the Quarterback,
    Then you get back to the SuperBowl...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Though we missed the playoffs in 2016, we haven't had a losing season, we've been to the SB twice, winning once, and won the division 5 straight times. So I disagree that's it's time to question his choices. Hes built winning teams from his first day here as GM.

    And though he didn't draft them, CJ and Harris were rookie UDFA's that's Elway signed and CJ made the PB in 2014 and Harris has been a perennial PB'er. So those two are fully groomed Broncos from day 1
    Agreed, seems nothing Elway does is ever good enough.

    How quickly we forget...

    I got the Duke's back!
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Elway hasn't drafted a player to make the Pro Bowl since 2011 (Von and Julius Thomas). I think there's reason for his choices to be questioned at this point in time.
    Not only is that false but it's a terrible measure. If we want to get technical, Siemian was invited to a pro bowl last year. I like Siemian but he had no business getting an invite, the pro bowl is a joke. Wolfe, Jackson and Trevathan should've at one point been pro bowlers. CHJ wasn't drafted but you can't discount that Elway identified him and brought him in.

    Elway has been average in the draft. A lot of teams are that way. There will be misses but Elway has had a lot of hits that helped the team win a super bowl.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Though we missed the playoffs in 2016, we haven't had a losing season, we've been to the SB twice, winning once, and won the division 5 straight times. So I disagree that's it's time to question his choices. Hes built winning teams from his first day here as GM.

    And though he didn't draft them, CJ and Harris were rookie UDFA's that's Elway signed and CJ made the PB in 2014 and Harris has been a perennial PB'er. So those two are fully groomed Broncos from day 1
    I won't hate on Elway, he's done a great job. I do think Peyton Manning has been just as big a piece of our success as John, if not more.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    5,795
    Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    I can just hear Elway offer the following advice to a young coach Joseph in the war room last night:

    First you get the line,
    Then you get the Quarterback,
    Then you get back to the SuperBowl...
    your missing something
    maintain our defense.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,916
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I won't hate on Elway, he's done a great job. I do think Peyton Manning has been just as big a piece of our success as John, if not more.
    He was a player on the teams that John built. He came here because of Elway. Elway believed in what he still had left in the tank. Even when the tank was clearly empty, he chose to ride with him one last time.

    So make no mistake about what I'm saying. Manning was a huge part of our success. But somebody was savvy enough to bring him here. Somebody was good enough to spot the talent to put around Manning to make the great runs we made. It's no different that Krause and the "Jordan" era Bulls. He gets ZERO credit for building two of the best teams in NBA history around the greatest player in NBA history.

    A great GM will do everything possible to surround his MVP with the talent and staff to support said MVP.
    #swapping

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    He was a player on the teams that John built. He came here because of Elway. Elway believed in what he still had left in the tank. Even when the tank was clearly empty, he chose to ride with him one last time.

    So make no mistake about what I'm saying. Manning was a huge part of our success. But somebody was savvy enough to bring him here. Somebody was good enough to spot the talent to put around Manning to make the great runs we made. It's no different that Krause and the "Jordan" era Bulls. He gets ZERO credit for building two of the best teams in NBA history around the greatest player in NBA history.

    A great GM will do everything possible to surround his MVP with the talent and staff to support said MVP.
    Again, Elway has done a great job. During that great run we had, Peyton was just as important to that success as Elway, if not more. Without Peyton, does the team have that kinda run? Probably not, we will find out over the next couple years. Last year the team did not respond well missing an elite QB. And don't act like John did Peyton any favors that last year, Manning was still a better QB than Brock at that point, that's why they rolled with him. Manning was not only an amazing player, but he was also an on the field coach and offensive coordinator. Even in his last year when his skills evaporated, his knowledge was able to mask some of the crap offense we were running with a poor Oline. The year Peyton is gone we miss the playoffs and get smoked in the division. Both were extraordinary pieces to our success, Peyton was the bigger piece.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •