Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demarcus Walker

Demarcus Walker

I am one of the people that wanted Joe Mixon however I could not be more excited about the Demarcus Walker pick. I truly believe this guy could be something extremely special on our defense. Watching the video below gives me chills

https://youtu.be/-_P13bssi8o

He makes an immediate impact to our pass rush from the line. Take Wolfe out of the equation and our Dline only go 3.5 sacks all season last year between the rest of the rotation. I'm excited about him.

I love the Walker pick-up, but I think Gotsis will have a break out season this year too and with all of them we can have a rested front 7 on the field the entire game.

How does Demarcus Walker compare to Malik Jackson at the moment and can he amount to be so much more than Jackson?

Ultimately he is Jacksons replacement unless Gotsis comes out strong but hed have to do it pretty quickly!
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    How does Demarcus Walker compare to Malik Jackson at the moment and can he amount to be so much more than Jackson?

Ultimately he is Jacksons replacement unless Gotsis comes out strong but hed have to do it pretty quickly!
    I think they are pretty similar players coming out of college.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Estatic with getting Walker. Any other year and Walker is a 1st rounder. This draft was just so deep at positions that a lot of teams had needs that it caused Walker to fall to the 2nd. I consider it a steal at 51 where we got him.

He has a never ending motor; he just doesn't stop, doesn't quit. Plays above his physical attributes. An outstanding swim move. Sack machine. Leadership ability.

I believe he can be one of the premier defensive lineman in the league with in 3 years, barring injury.

DeMarcus Walker is a good fit for the way Denver's front plays D. He seems like a gap controller/penetrate to the ball type on either pass or run. He seems to have the necessary speed and quickness for pursuit which is so necessary for Denver's D.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017...enver-broncos/

2017 NFL Draft: ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay both seemed to really like the Broncos’ pick of DeMarcus Walker in the 2nd round…

The Denver Broncos were happy to have Florida State defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker fall into their laps with the 51st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. Walker was the ACC Defensive Player of the Year this past season after he lit up the conference to the tune of 68 tackles, 21.5 tackles for loss, 16 sacks, and three forced fumbles.

Walker is known by many as a ‘tweener’ or someone without a true position coming into the league, but by golly can this kid get to the quarterback.

Need The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift? 7 Unexpected Ideas From Walmart [Images]

It’s really a sight to behold, one that I’m sure had the Denver Broncos absolutely giddy to be able to select him in round two.

Another crew that really seemed to enjoy the pick was the one at ESPN — Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. Watch the first two minutes of this video to see their reaction to the Broncos’ second round pick:

Those are some pretty big time endorsements from Kiper and McShay, and I love that McShay goes into the detail of how Walker knew everything about the linemen he was facing in the bowl game against Michigan. And not only did he know it — he exploited it.

That’s the kind of player that has success at the next level, and that’s the kind of player and worker the Broncos are getting. Walker isn’t a base five-technique defensive end in a three-man front, but the guy can get pressure on the quarterback.

He uses quickness, long arms, and heavy hands to get in the way of opposing quarterbacks, and he’s really good at it.

The Broncos will have the opportunity to be creative about finding roles for Walker, but initially as a rookie, he could bring pressure from the inside rotationally that is desperately needed.

I feel like he will bring that attitude and leadership that Al Wilson brought to our franchise. Can't wait to see this guy play on Sunday.

Hes not an every down player he gets to fatigued easily at sea level which makes him a liability at a Mile High, he didnt come off at FSU except 10% of the time but he showed noticeable fatigue. Like Malik he is going to take time to develop and he is going to need to work on his endurance most of all

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Hes not an every down player he gets to fatigued easily at sea level which makes him a liability at a Mile High, he didnt come off at FSU except 10% of the time but he showed noticeable fatigue. Like Malik he is going to take time to develop and he is going to need to work on his endurance most of all
    I think I heard Schlereth or somebody on 104.3 say he averaged like 80 snaps a game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I think I heard Schlereth or somebody on 104.3 say he averaged like 80 snaps a game or something.
    Yes but if you watch his play he tired easily at FSU its going to be harder for him in Denver especially if he puts on more weight. A good measure of his endurance is the Bench Press which he only managed 18 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yes but if you watch his play he tired easily at FSU its going to be harder for him in Denver especially if he puts on more weight. A good measure of his endurance is the Bench Press which he only managed 18 reps
    With Gotis and Kerr most likely seeing plenty of snaps this year it will give us a chance to keep him fresh. If Ray takes another step forward in his development our pass rusher is going to be even more deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    If DeMarcus Walker averaged 80 snaps per game, does that mean he played every down on D? FSU's opponents averaged 80 plays per game? I wonder about Mark's math.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If DeMarcus Walker averaged 80 snaps per game, does that mean he played every down on D? FSU's opponents averaged 80 plays per game? I wonder about Mark's math.
    maybe that included ST?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury