Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demarcus Walker

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Seems like a smart guy.

Seems disruptive in passing situations. How'd he grad out against the run?

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I think I heard Schlereth or somebody on 104.3 say he averaged like 80 snaps a game or something.
    Walker played roughly 90% of FSU's defensive snaps.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Hes not an every down player he gets to fatigued easily at sea level which makes him a liability at a Mile High, he didnt come off at FSU except 10% of the time but he showed noticeable fatigue. Like Malik he is going to take time to develop and he is going to need to work on his endurance most of all
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Yes but if you watch his play he tired easily at FSU its going to be harder for him in Denver especially if he puts on more weight. A good measure of his endurance is the Bench Press which he only managed 18 reps
    Um, you do know that Walker's scouting report lists "Durability/Stamia" as a strength. When you play 90% of your teams defensive snaps, you're going to fatigue faster.
    Last edited by kingelway7; 05-01-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Seems disruptive in passing situations. How'd he grade out against the run?
    Very disruptive in passing situations. He has a wide variety of pass rush moves; really great swim move. Also has a knack for tipping/batting down passes. In rushing situations Walker grades out as above-average.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Very disruptive in passing situations. He has a wide variety of pass rush moves; really great swim move. Also has a knack for tipping/batting down passes. In rushing situations Walker grades out as above-average.
    I'd say he's very good against the run. He only grades out as above average because of the read option stuff they run in college.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If DeMarcus Walker averaged 80 snaps per game, does that mean he played every down on D? FSU's opponents averaged 80 plays per game? I wonder about Mark's math.
    If we have any player on defense averaging 80 plays a game I doubt we have winning season; even including STs. My guess is that there could be games that they might have to play 80 snaps, lets hope its rare.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    If DeMarcus Walker averaged 80 snaps per game, does that mean he played every down on D? FSU's opponents averaged 80 plays per game? I wonder about Mark's math.
    I probably misheard him. They were talking about this very issue though. Somebody questioned his endurance, said Walker looked a little slow at times in games and Schlereth or whoever said it said that you're not going to play at top speed when you're playing x amount of snaps per game.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    maybe that included ST?
    Could have been, Walker has blocked field goals. I'm not even sure if he said 80 snaps or 80% of the snaps, but his point was that there should be no problem with his endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I probably misheard him. They were talking about this very issue though. Somebody questioned his endurance, said Walker looked a little slow at times in games and Schlereth or whoever said it said that you're not going to play at top speed when you're playing x amount of snaps per game.

Could have been, Walker has blocked field goals. I'm not even sure if he said 80 snaps or 80% of the snaps, but his point was that there should be no problem with his endurance.
    If six D-Linemen are active on game day and the effort is made to equally divide the snaps, each guy should get c.30 per game not counting STs. I would expect Demarcus Walker to be on XPA/FGA and PR, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

What DeMarcus Walker Brings to the Broncos

By John Ledyard
    Fanragsports.com

Welcome to the first jaw-dropping pick of the draft. Not one person will question DeMarcus Walkerís heart, work ethic and drive to be the best, but heís among the worst athletes in the class at his position, and doesnít even make up for his lack of pass rush traits by being a good run defender, as tight ends routinely pushed him around 1v1 at the line of scrimmage.

Heís tough as nails however, and did his best work as an interior pass rusher, where his hand usage and swim/club combinations were more effective.

Walkerís pro day was an absolute disaster however, and strongly supported the overwhelming lack of athleticism you see on tape. At 6-3, 280 pounds, Walker ran a 4.88 40, a 4.71 20-yard shuttle and a 7.91 3-cone.

Those numbers are among the worst Iíve ever seen for a defensive lineman.

He doesnít have the length, size or power to play five technique at a high level, which is where Denver will want to use him, and I think heíll be a liability against the run at the next level.

His best usage is as a situational interior pass rusher on long and late downs, but is there enough value in that to spend a second round pick on him? Walker will bring an electric and highly competitive presence to the locker room however, and the team will love his leadership ability, even if it comes from the sideline too often.

"We said they have to address that front seven. ... They're still gonna win with defense in Denver. Replenish and add to that defensive line. This certainly fills that build." -- Brian Billick
    Posted eye-popping sack production (25) over last two seasons at FSU.
    Seminoles' team Defensive MVP award, four tackles for loss in Florida State's win over Michigan in the Orange Bowl (I imagine those were runs he stopped?),
    Walker was named a first-team All-American by the Walter Camp Foundation and first-team All-ACC for his production: 68 tackles, 21.5 TFL (eighth in the FBS), 16 sacks (second in the FBS). Opponents include: Florida, Wake Forrest, Ole Miss, Louisville, Syracuse, Miami, and North Carolina. Pretty good competition.
    Draft Projection Rounds 2-3

Jaw dropping? He went within where he was projected to go, nothing really "jaw dropping" about that.
    From the Tallahassee Democrat ... "Walker went to work at FSU's Pro Day, and turned in a very solid performance. It's a performance that he feels will really help him come draft day. The NFL personnel in attendance agreed with him. One NFL scout that came specifically to watch Walker work out raved about his performance."
    The 6-foot-3, 281-pound defensive lineman ran a 4.76 (4.88??) unofficial 40-yard dash with a 9-foot-7 broad jump. He also put up 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, which was two more than he did at the combine.
    Orlando Sentinel also had his time at 4.76 and reported that he put on a show at his pro day.
    CBS Sports ... Defensive end DeMarcus Walker put to rest any concerns about his athleticism during Florida State’s Pro Day. Walker reportedly ran a 4.76 40-yard dash, which is blazing for a player who weighed in at 281 pounds.

This guy, Ledyard's first paragraph seems to contradict an NFL scout and several news sources and seems to have an error? on his 40 time. His other measurables are not a "disaster" and his tape looks pretty good to me ... I'm no scout though.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    What DeMarcus Walker Brings to the Broncos

By John Ledyard
    Fanragsports.com

Welcome to the first jaw-dropping pick of the draft. Not one person will question DeMarcus Walker’s heart, work ethic and drive to be the best, but he’s among the worst athletes in the class at his position, and doesn’t even make up for his lack of pass rush traits by being a good run defender, as tight ends routinely pushed him around 1v1 at the line of scrimmage.

He’s tough as nails however, and did his best work as an interior pass rusher, where his hand usage and swim/club combinations were more effective.

Walker’s pro day was an absolute disaster however, and strongly supported the overwhelming lack of athleticism you see on tape. At 6-3, 280 pounds, Walker ran a 4.88 40, a 4.71 20-yard shuttle and a 7.91 3-cone.

Those numbers are among the worst I’ve ever seen for a defensive lineman.

He doesn’t have the length, size or power to play five technique at a high level, which is where Denver will want to use him, and I think he’ll be a liability against the run at the next level.

His best usage is as a situational interior pass rusher on long and late downs, but is there enough value in that to spend a second round pick on him? Walker will bring an electric and highly competitive presence to the locker room however, and the team will love his leadership ability, even if it comes from the sideline too often.
    I've gotta ask, who is John Ledyard and what is Fanragsports?

I have obviously scene the sight following your links, but who are they?

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Yeah, I thought it was weird this guy ripping Walker apart. Everytine I watched FSU, Walker seemed to make plays.

I think this is like the Elvis pick.... but Dumervil was a 4th so I was wondering if we took DW too high?

I think having him play inside on oassinf downs will help.

The Florida State 2017 Pro Day on Tuesday featured representatives from nearly all 32 NFL teams. The story of the day? Defensive end DeMarcus Walker.

“I came to put on a show,” Walker said.

And that’s what he did.

Walker, who did nothing at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in late February except bench press and interview, turned a lot of heads Tuesday. He ran a 4.76-second 40-yard dash while showing agility and power.

“My film is awesome, my numbers,” Walker said. “No one’s a better D-tackle to D-end.”

RELATED: NFL.com mock draft has 4 defensive ends in top 9, including 3 from SEC

Walker was able put in a very athletic performance and show how powerful he is while being able to keep his weight at 281 pounds.

http://gridironnow.com/florida-state...r-dalvin-cook/

Not sure where this 4.88 stuff came from, I saw one site that had that listed under his pro day. I think these guys may have saw that one site too and based there "analysis" off of it lol.

One thing that jumped out to me watching Demarcus on tape was he doesn't consistently get off the ball quickly. I did see that he played 90% of the snap count on defense, which could be a big impact. However, I noticed this early in games as well, something he will have to improve on to be a pass rush threat at the next level.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.