Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Why is it such a shock that it could be a possibility that neither make it or only one does...

    First off Raymond is entering into his 2nd year. Based on 40 times alone Raymond is the faster player. Then there is also no grantee that either of these two new WR'S can beat our Raymond at his 'natural' position of WR or slot WR...

    I think Taylor has the skills to beat out a fowler for the 'bigger' WR option. So now you're looking at if these guys hold more value to Denver then Latimer....
    Because that would be a shock. Just because Carlos is going to make the team, doesn't mean Raymond cannot. There could easily be 6 receivers that make the roster. Especially with one of them probably carrying a returning role. Carlos is a third round receiver with a lot of talent. So it is highly unlikely that he doesn't make the roster. Is it impossible that he doesn't? Absolutely not. I'd be naive and hypocritical to say there's no way he's not on the roster by September. But, let's just say I would place a lot of money on him being there for our first game. He has too much talent and is too versatile not to make the roster. The dude is very dynamic with the ball in his hand and was great over the middle in college. But he can also block very effectively. He's tough. So, he doesn't just need the ball in his hands to be impactful.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,656
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Because that would be a shock. Just because Carlos is going to make the team, doesn't mean Raymond cannot. There could easily be 6 receivers that make the roster. Especially with one of them probably carrying a returning role. Carlos is a third round receiver with a lot of talent. So it is highly unlikely that he doesn't make the roster. Is it impossible that he doesn't? Absolutely not. I'd be naive and hypocritical to say there's no way he's not on the roster by September. But, let's just say I would place a lot of money on him being there for our first game. He has too much talent and is too versatile not to make the roster. The dude is very dynamic with the ball in his hand and was great over the middle in college. But he can also block very effectively. He's tough. So, he doesn't just need the ball in his hands to be impactful.
    There are eleven WRs on the roster right now.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are eleven WRs on the roster right now.
    Dang, that's a lot. My guess is we end with DT, sanders, Taylor, Henderson, Latimer (for his work on special teams) and then the final spot goes to Raymond, McKenzie, or fowler. I could easily be wrong on that though. As I said, just a guess.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,656
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Dang, that's a lot. My guess is we end with DT, sanders, Taylor, Henderson, Latimer (for his work on special teams) and then the final spot goes to Raymond, McKenzie, or fowler. I could easily be wrong on that though. As I said, just a guess.
    Yes it is. Chad Kelly is still recovering from injury and won't be ready until August, they say. Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter was signed as UDFA, so he can help throw passes to the eleven WRs, eight TEs (minus Butt until he's ready) and five RBs, so far (until some more UDFAs are signed) At this rate, McCoy and Musgrave will have to help out throwing some balls, maybe even Elway and Joseph, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,478
    Apparently I cannot speak for everyone, but I'm not blown away by the tight end play over the last couple years. Yeah, we just traded for Derby, and Heuerman was hurt early on, but I'm far from sold on those guys.

    If Carlos Henderson isn't on the 53, something must have gone incredibly wrong.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Apparently I cannot speak for everyone, but I'm not blown away by the tight end play over the last couple years. Yeah, we just traded for Derby, and Heuerman was hurt early on, but I'm far from sold on those guys.

    If Carlos Henderson isn't on the 53, something must have gone incredibly wrong.
    Hey, that's what I said. Lol

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I find it facinating that we are all assuming that one or both of our WR draft picks are making this 53 man roster. I do not see it happening. And before people get all up in arms about that as a comment...we have precedent for that happening on our team.

    I also don't see it as a given that one or both would beat out Raymond as either our slot guy or as our PR/KR.....

    Lastly I don't see how it is a given that either of these two rookies could beat out Taylor or Fowler for that matter as our number 3 WR. Taylor being the better of the two -imo.

    WR is a crowded position group on our team and we've basically already have two slots locked.
    so you think fowler, lattimor and marlin brown are safe too?

    DT, sanders, sunshine, Henderson, mc Kenzie....leaves one spot open

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,656
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    so you think fowler, lattimor and marlin brown are safe too?

    DT, sanders, sunshine, Henderson, mc Kenzie....leaves one spot open
    Right. It's a dilemma, but a good one to have.

    Carlos Henderson is a legit off receiver who could line up in the backfield, and is a good KO returner. McKenzie is a great Kick/Punt returner. Latimer and Fowler are big contributors on all four STs including KO & Punt. Taylor is a good, tall target with great hands who has also contributed on STs. Raymond was an effective returner as a rookie last year. Brown and McKay are big receivers we haven't seen in a Bronco uniform yet; same goes for Sharp.

    Thomas and Sanders are locks with everyone else fighting for a spot. Those guys must have something else going for them besides backup WR. This is what you want in every position group in TC: an all-out dogfight for every play and every rep. It produces the best possible team.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    There are now eight of them: Butt, Derby, Green, Heuerman, Krieger-Coble, Lang, Scheu, Traylor
    Forgot about Lang and Traylor...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,311
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    so you think fowler, lattimor and marlin brown are safe too?

    DT, sanders, sunshine, Henderson, mc Kenzie....leaves one spot open
    I never said that Brown, Latimer or Fowler are safe. Quite the opposite. What I don't see is the fact that these draft picks are a givendor to make the 53 man roster. While I say that I'd imagine that the only two locks in the WR corps are DT and Sanders. I do believe that Sunshine is the best #3 we have until I see the others play in the new offense. Once that happens my opinions may or may not change.

    I also think that you as well as others are under esitimaging Raymond and the 1 year experience he has at the NFL level al ready. Also of note (since it is the only level playing field we have to test speed) Raymond ran a faster 40 time then both of these new WR'S. Personally I thought he did a pretty good job stepping in with such mediocre blocking and being a rookie...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    542
    My biggest concern is we didn't address our Run defense. We need a tackle monster at ILB. Hopefully we are lookin for some in UDFAs.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I never said that Brown, Latimer or Fowler are safe. Quite the opposite. What I don't see is the fact that these draft picks are a givendor to make the 53 man roster. While I say that I'd imagine that the only two locks in the WR corps are DT and Sanders. I do believe that Sunshine is the best #3 we have until I see the others play in the new offense. Once that happens my opinions may or may not change.

    I also think that you as well as others are under esitimaging Raymond and the 1 year experience he has at the NFL level al ready. Also of note (since it is the only level playing field we have to test speed) Raymond ran a faster 40 time then both of these new WR'S. Personally I thought he did a pretty good job stepping in with such mediocre blocking and being a rookie...
    Speed isn't everything. Elway was clearly not content with our return game. That's why he drafted 3 guys who could potentially do the job, including a specialist in McKenzie. McKenzie, by the way, had twice as many return TDs in college as Raymond.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    6,299
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Yes it is. Chad Kelly is still recovering from injury and won't be ready until August, they say. Northern Colorado QB Kyle Sloter was signed as UDFA, so he can help throw passes to the eleven WRs, eight TEs (minus Butt until he's ready) and five RBs, so far (until some more UDFAs are signed) At this rate, McCoy and Musgrave will have to help out throwing some balls, maybe even Elway and Joseph, too.
    Maybe i should invest in some icyhot stock here soon...
    Glen Haven Fire

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33,713
    Other than ILB, we filled most of the holes we had.

    But did sign 3 ILB's in CFA's.

    Pretty solid draft overall. Added some much needed speed to the offense which we didnt have last year.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Speed isn't everything. Elway was clearly not content with our return game. That's why he drafted 3 guys who could potentially do the job, including a specialist in McKenzie. McKenzie, by the way, had twice as many return TDs in college as Raymond.
    You said it all right there! McKensie at his size, he'll be lucky to survive his first season. The history of these small ultra quick and fast wr/pr/kr guys isn't very good. A couple of examples Tavon Austin, and that little pr guy we had a couple of years back. He ended up with as bad a case of the yip's as I've ever seen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •