Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    All these kids can be more, that is the draft for you. Would not say Butt is any more athletic than Heuerman, very very similar guys imo. He is on par with Heath Miller, maybe a little more so, but the LBs of today are also much more so than what Heath played against for most of his career. If Butt is to be very good he will need to become a master of the craft like Heath, who is as good as any at finding the soft spots in a zone (as is Witten). Don't think we are talking about Butt over matching anyone with athleticism.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Looks like team impartial Rotoworld gave the Broncos a C+, granted they are fantasy football biased. I would bump that up to a solid B under the full disclosure of being a homer.

Denver Broncos

1 (20). Utah OT Garett Bolles
    2 (51). Florida State DL DeMarcus Walker
    3 (82). Louisiana Tech WR Carlos Henderson
    3 (101). Lamar (TX) CB Brendan Langley
    5 (145). Michigan TE Jake Butt
    5 (172). Georgia KR Isaiah McKenzie
    6 (203). Coastal Carolina RB De’Angelo Henderson
    7 (253). Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly

Overview: Rather than make a panicked trade up, GM John Elway coolly waited for top tackle prospect Bolles to fall into his lap, then quickly turned in his card. A 25-year-old rookie who played just one season in Division 1, Bolles is a frightening prospect on several levels, but there is little doubt he was the cream of this year’s O-Line crop. The draft community despised Walker as a prospect, but he checks boxes as an athlete and producer, earning 2016 ACC DPOY and graduating third in FSU history in sacks. Tackle-busting slot machine Henderson and Mackey Award winner Butt addressed big needs for an offense that is weak in the middle of the field, although Butt has torn both ACLs and may redshirt as a rookie. The Broncos also turned special teamer Kapri Bibbs into a 2018 fourth-rounder, which will likely land high in that round because the deal was made with lowly San Francisco. Langley intercepted six passes last season and runs 4.43 at 6’0/189. McKenzie offers zero offensive upside, but he scored six return TDs at Georgia. Henderson is Coastal Carolina’s all-time leading rusher and runs 4.48. Kelly is an early-round talent whose off-field and medical concerns torpedoed his stock. While I’m not convinced Elway hit many surefire singles with this haul, I think he’s got a chance to smack a few home runs.

Grade: C+

I would give the group a solid B. Elway and Joseph were very comfortable with their 1st round selection. It isn't the direction I would have gone but character issues of some other guys here probably moved them down or off the list. DeMarcus Walker is really good. Carlos Henderson if not for being from LA Tech probably would have gone earlier, I think he can make guys look bad in the NFL too. Langley is a stretch, but has awesome CB's to study. Jake Butt is better when healthy than any other TE on our roster. Yes I think he is all-around better than Heureman and Derby. Isaiah McKenzie is crazy quick. Henderson looks like a high quality speed quick tough guy for the 6th round. Chad Kelly obviously had some issue off the field. He looks on paper more talented than any QB taken after rd 3 and we got him with the last pick of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I would give the group a solid B. Elway and Joseph were very comfortable with their 1st round selection. It isn't the direction I would have gone but character issues of some other guys here probably moved them down or off the list. DeMarcus Walker is really good. Carlos Henderson if not for being from LA Tech probably would have gone earlier, I think he can make guys look bad in the NFL too. Langley is a stretch, but has awesome CB's to study. Jake Butt is better when healthy than any other TE on our roster. Yes I think he is all-around better than Heureman and Derby. Isaiah McKenzie is crazy quick. Henderson looks like a high quality speed quick tough guy for the 6th round. Chad Kelly obviously had some issue off the field. He looks on paper more talented than any QB taken after rd 3 and we got him with the last pick of the draft.
    Going to attempt to make this my last comment on Chad's abilities until he actually participates and shows something at this level. But, "on paper," he's just as talented or more talented than any qb taken anywhere in this draft. Not just after round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Going to attempt to make this my last comment on Chad's abilities until he actually participates and shows something at this level. But, "on paper," he's just as talented or more talented than any qb taken anywhere in this draft. Not just after round 3.
    Then we really, really got a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Then we really, really got a steal.
    yes. We did. Last year, he was talked about as a potential 1st round pick.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    7th round- Chad Kelly A

I absolutely love this pick. You're getting a guy with high round talent with the last pick in the draft. Absolutely no risk at all with tremendous upside..
    I agree with just about all of this, but the Chad Kelly move has just a touch of risk. He's a 7th rounder, but so was Trevor. He has quite a few off the field situations, including allegedly "spraying up" a night club. Definitely think he have a shot once he gets healthy, but there's definitely some risk there.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I agree with just about all of this, but the Chad Kelly move has just a touch of risk. He's a 7th rounder, but so was Trevor. He has quite a few off the field situations, including allegedly "spraying up" a night club. Definitely think he have a shot once he gets healthy, but there's definitely some risk there.
    Do you mean as in, he may influence members of the team? If so, I am not worried....we have plenty of character to keep this guy grounded. Otherwise, as the last pick of the draft, there is basically no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Do you mean as in, he may influence members of the team? If so, I am not worried....we have plenty of character to keep this guy grounded. Otherwise, as the last pick of the draft, there is basically no risk.
    Risk of negative attention and risk of influencing/affecting other players. I hate to mention it, but the incident that took Darrent Williams (R.I.P.) life was likely started by Brandon Marshall, prior to him getting his life together. Kelly's on record threatening an entire nightclub. Do that in the wrong place and someone's coming after him and possibly anyone that he's with. I'm not saying it was a bad move, just saying even with the vets we have, Kelly does pose a risk. I'm just hoping he gets healthy and cleans up his act.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Risk of negative attention and risk of influencing/affecting other players. I hate to mention it, but the incident that took Darrent Williams (R.I.P.) life was likely started by Brandon Marshall, prior to him getting his life together. Kelly's on record threatening an entire nightclub. Do that in the wrong place and someone's coming after him and possibly anyone that he's with. I'm not saying it was a bad move, just saying even with the vets we have, Kelly does pose a risk. I'm just hoping he gets healthy and cleans up his act.
    In an interview today Kelly claims that the part about him threatening to "spray" the nightclub was made up by his accusers and that he never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by db1978 View Post
    In an interview today Kelly claims that the part about him threatening to "spray" the nightclub was made up by his accusers and that he never said that.
    And Kelly knows this how?

Because Chad told him he didn't? Just because his uncle is compelled to believe him does not mean we all have to.

Excuses for this kid keep piling up. Seems it is never his fault in any of these situations. Poor misunderstood Chad.

I would prefer he own it and work out the immaturity issues. Then there might be some growth and change. There are some signs of that from him in some of the clips around him. Sadly not from those around him not holding him accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    And Kelly knows this how?

Because Chad told him he didn't? Just because his uncle is compelled to believe him does not mean we all have to.

Excuses for this kid keep piling up. Seems it is never his fault in any of these situations. Poor misunderstood Chad.

I would prefer he own it and work out the immaturity issues. Then there might be some growth and change. There are some signs of that from him in some of the clips around him. Sadly not from those around him not holding him accountable.
    Well...there is a video of the incident and no where in does it show him saying that....No idea if he did or didn't but there doesn't seem to be any proof that he did

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

My initial draft grade would have to be a strong C. What lowers it for me is that fact of all the talk of a splash, and trading up. All it was I the end was talk. I do think know what we offered to teams to move up, but I have a feeling JE was low balling teams, and if you want someone you can't low ball people. Just fork over the price and get that guy you covet.

As for the guys we took, I would have gone a different direction. I am intrigued by Walker, Henderson, and Butt. That's about it. Bolles better be the real deal or this draft is a failure IMO.