Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    This is the battle that keeps coming to mind for me. Obviously, two of those spots are wrote in sharpie. I think it's safe to say that Henderson will make this final roster, we're not cutting a third round pick in his rookie season. So, realistically we have 3 spots to fill and 6 guys fighting for the spots.

I think Latimer will get a long look because of the investment and worth on special teams. I can't see Sunshine not making this team, I'm very excited about him.

I love the thought of Henderson and one of Mckenzie/Raymond back returning kicks. Those guys will have to lock down the punt return duties as well to make the team. Can they show something in the Woodhead package to warrant a spot?
    maybe only 2...they very well might keep just 5 WR...

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I didn't know/remember that he injured his knee in their bowl game, that might keep him out most of his rookie year. I suspect he will come back from it fine, in the long run but I'm not expecting him to be a significant contributor his rookie season. Should or hopefully he will be a great pick in the long run -year 2 maybe?
    Supposed to be ready before the season starts. So, I imagine he'll be slowly brought along early in the season. But, this is assuming he keeps on schedule, because as of now, he's slightly ahead of schedule.

ALOHA.
    As I sit at the beach in Waikiki, I have for the first time seen the Broncos Draft Picks. I must say this is definitely an improvement for our team. Mr. Irrelevant was the final touch that was needed to carry forward all the discussions this next season. Love it.

Cloudy overcast and chance of rain later this evening, But I heard it was cold and snowy back home in Denver Glad I have a couple more days in Paradise. MAHALO.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    maybe only 2...they very well might keep just 5 WR...
    Maybe so, which makes the decisions all that more difficult. If you had to go down to five, who are your choices?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Maybe so, which makes the decisions all that more difficult. If you had to go down to five, who are your choices?
    DT, Sanders, Henderson, Taylor, McKenzie (this last one is totally up in the air though)

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

DT, Sanders, Henderson, Taylor, McKenzie (this last one is totally up in the air though)
    Marlon Brown could be a real sleeper

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

That's the way I lean too personally. Henderson I could see filling Latimer's role on special teams as he is evidently very physical. I think Taylor would have to have a incredibly bad camp and preseason to be cut. McKenzie may find himself on the practice squad in favor of a vet, unless he locks down return duties.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    After free agency and the draft we just got much much better.
    There are about 31 other locker rooms feeling the same way right about now. Hopefully coach Joseph has what it takes to bring these guys to compete.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

I disagree. Remember, we're a team that went 9-7 without a QB with glaring holes. We fixed those needs on paper. I'm super excited. a much better O line will make TS or Lynch look better. also Mccoy's offense is far better than kubiaks archaic bootleg system that was so 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Marlon Brown could be a real sleeper
    That's one guy I don't want Denver to give up on. He's an extremely talented receiver who's 6'5 and ran a 4.42. I wish he could stay healthy though.

I disagree. Remember, we're a team that went 9-7 without a QB with glaring holes. We fixed those needs on paper. I'm super excited. a much better O line will make TS or Lynch look better. also Mccoy's offense is far better than kubiaks archaic bootleg system that was so 1999.
    That archaic 1999 system got the Seahawks and Falcons to the super bowl, so I don't think it's completely outdated. We just didn't have a competent OC to call it. One complaint I did have against Kubiak is that he forced the system on his players as opposed to tayloring it to the players skillset. I do agree, McCoy's system should be friendly to the players as it doesn't require long play calls like Kubiak's did.
    Last edited by Bterres105; 05-01-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    That archaic 1999 system got the Seahawks and Falcons to the super bowl, so I don't think it's completely outdated. We just didn't have a competent OC to call it. One comolaint I did have against Kubiak is that he forced the system on his players as opposed to tayloring it to the players skillset. I do agree, McCoy's system should be friendly to the players as it doesn't require long play calls like Kubiak's did.
    thats fair, im also not a kubiak hater, we just didnt have the talent to run his system. also Shannahan runs a more advanced and sexy version of it with more talent...

thats fair, im also not a kubiak hater, we just didnt have the talent to run his system. also Shannahan runs a more advanced and sexy version of it with more talent...
    I think what's gonna make a huge difference is having a real OL coach. Clancy Barone is such a good tight ends coach, but he was so bad as the Oline coach.

I think we will be much more explosive on offense, under Kubiak it was a lot of grind the ball down the field. I believe we will maybe even double the number of explosive plays (20 plus yards) with the guys we drafted for WR and RB.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Well the Broncos have obviously added some talent from this draft, much like every other team in the league. However, I'm not so sure this talent influx will lead to immediate dividends on the football field. I mean, with an entirely new coaching staff coupled with inexperienced QBs and whatnot it might take some time to gel before showing marked improvements. Just trying to temper expectations here just a bit, looks like Vegas has just released their early season win totals shared below, they expect another tight race in the AFC West with every team realistically in the hunt from the beginning.

Raiders 9.5
    Chiefs 9
    Broncos 8.5
    Chargers 7.5