Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    If he improves and can prove he deserves to start again, I don't think that will be true, possibly excluding a couple of troll type posters. Just because people weren't sold on him as a franchise qb last year, doesn't mean they would be upset if he proves to be one. Most people don't have anything against Trevor like some Trevor fans seem to think. They just think he needs to show more. Not everyone was convinced like a few of you were.
    I whole heartedly agree with you, but I assure you someone will post "Fire Vance" after our first loss.

"Improvement" is such a subjective word based on people's unrealistic expectation of Trevor. To me, 25-28 touchdowns with 12 interceptions would be an improvement. I don't expect him, or any of the qbs currently on the roster to have a Drew Brees type of season, even with this qb friendly system, but people expect Trevor to make an unrealistic jump in season two that every little mistake will be blown out of proportion. That's been the general trend with every player on here lately
    Last edited by Bterres105; 05-04-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with you, but I assure you someone will post "Fire Vance" after our first loss.

"Improvement" is such a subjective word based on people's unrealistic expectation of Trevor. To me, 25-28 touchdowns with 12 interceptions would be an improvement. I don't expect him, or any of the qbs currently on the roster to have a Drew Brees type of season, even with this qb friendly system, but people expect Trevor to make an unrealistic jump in season two that every little mistake will be blown out of proportion. That's been the general trend with every player on here lately
    Yup, just look at DT. Most teams would love to have DT on their roster, we on the other hand want him cut/traded/gone because he drops 5 percent of his targets...

Our fanbase sets unrealistic expectations for players and then if they don't meet them, cut them and promote the next guy. The most popular player at several of our positions is the unproven backup.

Too many are looking to be the first to "find" the next guy. Seriously think some around here still would not be happy if TS started again.

They would likely start threads called " Kelly is the man" or "Sloter never was given a fair shot" .

My opinion hasn't changed. TS had a good but not great year. Lynch has had a year to adjust to the expectations of being s professional in the NFL.

Let them compete. Hopefully both get better and make the decision difficult for Joseph. Both developing into solid starters is a good situation for the Broncos!

I have my opinions of who will be better but will root for whoever wins the job.

Sadly, I am not sure that is a universal opinion. From some of the opinions that continue to posted I think there are some more concerned with being "right" then what is best for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean I feel the same way, I just get tired of some of the disdain some around here have for TS. I have faith in the kid and it'll be funny watching him succeed because those who disdain him are going to be beside themselves and that's always entertaining to watch (please note, I get not being sold on the guy, that's reasonable, he's yet to prove himself. There is nothing wrong with not being sold on him, while still being willing to keep an open mind. On the flip side of that there are people who make absurd statements comparing him to Kyle Orton...)

I dunno...I want the best QB out there for 16 games + Playoffs...if that's TS, Lynch or Kelly it doesn't matter to me. I'm not actively against one specific player, but there are several who just find the notion of him winning the job so absurd they are prepped and ready to rub it in everyone's faces.

If he doesn't work out, well three cheers for the next QB in line.
    I agree with you. But I would argue that there is disdain on both sides. Many of the Trevor folk have it for Paxton. Many on the side you discuss. That's why I like to actively root for whichever qb ends up being the best for us. Even if that's Chad or Kyle! I'm also bothered by the harshness of the way people talk about NFL players, college players, high school even, and people in general. No need to convince me there. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Too many are looking to be the first to "find" the next guy. Seriously think some around here still would not be happy if TS started again.

They would likely start threads called " Kelly is the man" or "Sloter never was given a fair shot" .

My opinion hasn't changed. TS had a good but not great year. Lynch has had a year to adjust to the expectations of being s professional in the NFL.

Let them compete. Hopefully both get better and make the decision difficult for Joseph. Both developing into solid starters is a good situation for the Broncos!

I have my opinions of who will be better but will root for whoever wins the job.

Sadly, I am not sure that is a universal opinion. From some of the opinions that continue to posted I think there are some more concerned with being "right" then what is best for the Broncos.
    There is a lot of truth in that I believe. It's as if an item needs to be checked off a list before another step is taken. Some of it is understandable given the position - people want to root for a player, a guy that is supposed to issue confidence and inspire fans that the team is in good hands (no All State jokes, stop it Manning). Shoot, they even want to know which jersey they need to buy to get ready for the season (#8 all the way )

Strangely though, one group will find solace in the choice once it's made. Other groups won't and will tell us all why person A is a bum but person B is the next incarnation of some football legend and thus the future face and savior of the team.

Being a fan is great, isn't it?

So true. Some on here need to read and digest this.
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau

Am I the only once who really feels its really ridicules that we couldn't bring Cutler in to compete for the starting job?

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Am I the only once who really feels its really ridicules that we couldn't bring Cutler in to compete for the starting job?
    Yes, apparently so.

10 char

You're a cult of one.

That ship sailed out of the harbor, over the horizon and into the next hemisphere long ago.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That ship sailed out of the harbor, over the horizon and into the next hemisphere long ago.
    Where it promptly sank.

If a rookie QB has a good year, that is normally a great thing considering all the factors and a bad o-line. How many rookie QBs have great rookie years? I didn't even know who TS was last year but was excited about Paxton, but then I saw TS's quick release and the way he feels the pressure and I was impressed! That is when I jumped on the TS band wagon. I am fine on whoever wins out, but you really can't expect much from a rookie QB, maybe after their third year of starting is fair to expect great years. For what TS was working with and the fact he didn't really have a veteran to help him along, I think his year was great relatively speaking. :-)
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    If a rookie QB has a good year, that is normally a great thing considering all the factors and a bad o-line. How many rookie QBs have great rookie years? I didn't even know who TS was last year but was excited about Paxton, but then I saw TS's quick release and the way he feels the pressure and I was impressed! That is when I jumped on the TS band wagon. I am fine on whoever wins out, but you really can't expect much from a rookie QB, maybe after their third year of starting is fair to expect great years. For what TS was working with and the fact he didn't really have a veteran to help him along, I think his year was great relatively speaking. :-)
    Thinking I know FR Tim's stance on the situation, I believe he was saying he had a "good but not great" year relative to him being a first year starter. But, I could be wrong.

You know Cutler would never come back to the Broncos, for several reasons.

Anyway, former NFL GM Charlie Casserly said it best: there is no doubt Cutler would be the Broncos best QB from day one; however, Elway needs to find out what he has in Paxton Lynch. So, Lynch is competing with a 7th-round QB that many think is only average and backup material. If Lynch can't win the starting job this offseason, with a new coaching staff making the judgement, Elway will be able to know he missed on that 1st-round pick.

The same goes to other teams. Cutler could be starting for the Rams, but they need to know what they have in Jared Goff. The Jets have an abysmal situation at QB, but they drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round and they have to see what he can do in his second year.

These teams need answers.

The Texans were a good situation for Cutler. Tom Savage has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL. Deshaun Watson is nowhere close to being ready to play coming from that Clemson offense. The Texans could make the playoffs with Cutler and Watson could sit for a year. Perhaps the Texans thought Cutler would be a bad influence to a young QB because of how reckless he is with fundamentals and turnovers.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Having seen both QBs start games last season, I suspect the winner will be Siemian. That''s just my opinion.

But, if it's Paxton Lynch, that would mean that Lynch beat out a guy with experience, who had a pretty good season last year. And that means that Lynch will have taken a HUGE step forward, and that we have two starter quality QBs. All the better!

What I hope we don't see is one QB clearly beating out the other in pre-season, and not getting the Start when the season rolls around. If that happens, and we lose games, you can expect quite the skirmish on these Message Boards.

Come to think of it, if we lose, we will see quite the skirmish on these Message Boards no matter who the QB is!