Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I keep reading that if Paxton is even close, they will separate from Siemian. I think Siemian's days are numbered, I just hope he can get a starting job some where he can start, I think he is a good QB with much potential.

Some teams that need a QB now: Bills, Jets, Vikings,

Some teams that need a QB soon: Cardinals, Steelers, Saints, Jaguars
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Yes Trevor being cleared recently, does not a full offseason make.
    Exactly my point, do you know who Trevor is working with now?
    Don't seem to remember what coach Trevor is working with?
    Has there been any word as to whom Trevor is working with?
    I honestly don't recall any news, but surely could've missed that.
    Just because you can't get a name to your questions doesn't mean he's at home playing video games eating skittles. I knows what's up. He knows he lost time. He can read that Paxton is working out with some dude to get better.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I keep reading that if Paxton is even close, they will separate from Siemian. I think Siemian's days are numbered, I just hope he can get a starting job some where he can start, I think he is a good QB with much potential.

Some teams that need a QB now: Bills, Jets, Vikings,

Some teams that need a QB soon: Cardinals, Steelers, Saints, Jaguars
    I don't see how that makes sense. Siemian has shown he can play, Paxton has not shown he's on that level. So if they are close in PRACTICE, then they dump Siemian and have no reliable backup? Then what if Lynch goes in to the season and flops?
    Lynch would need to go in and play good for a season at minimum before they would dump Siemian.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I actually think it's Siemian that has the advantage going into training camp. He still has much more starting experience than Lynch, plus a higher football IQ.
    Other than speculation and guesswork, how is it possible for you to know that? Do you have a credible link?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I don't see how that makes sense. Siemian has shown he can play, Paxton has not shown he's on that level. So if they are close in PRACTICE, then they dump Siemian and have no reliable backup? Then what if Lynch goes in to the season and flops?
    Lynch would need to go in and play good for a season at minimum before they would dump Siemian.
    I would agree. It doesn't matter how the QB situation plays out this year, you've got two Abs (three if you include Kelly) making next to nothing. There's absolutely no reason to trade either. Both are worth more to the Broncos than any other team at this point. After the season (assuming one has firmly established themselves) then it might make sense to entertain offers, but now it makes no sense.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Lynch was so far behind though even towards the end of last season and working out with a coach in the offseason can only do so much when you're already ingrained to do what you've been doing. He would have to make a monumental leap forward to beat out Siemian this year. I'm not saying it's impossible but I don't think it'll happen this season. Chad Kelly is more polished now than Lynch was last season, if he could go through the full offseason I think he could beat out Lynch and really push Siemian.
    Knowing the speed of the game and what it takes to learn a playbook will help a lot this year. People writing Lynch off tend to forget that Siemian went from being inactive in most games in 2015 to starting in 2016, he took a monumental step forward. So it's not out of the question Lynch can do it this offseason, or that Siemian could take another equally big step forward this offseason either.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Other than speculation and guesswork, how is it possible for you to know that? Do you have a credible link?
    The one is pretty obvious, Sam. Siemian has, objectively speaking, more starting experience than Lynch. That experience is also clearly an advantage. As far as football IQ, virtually all the articles, opinions, and interpretations I've read of Siemain's strengths as a player include his high football IQ. I specifically remember Kubiak claiming Trevor's ability to learn and retain knowledge was impressive. I'm pretty sure VJ referred to him as a smart QB. Furthermore, I have never read any analysis of Lynch that lists football IQ as an obvious strength. Does that mean he has a poor football IQ? Not necessarily. I just believe, even if based on anecdotal evidence, that Trevor is superior in that area. Do I have a bunch of articles that I can link? No, I don't, but feel free to Google Trevor Siemian + football IQ. You might find some links there.

By the way, Sam, I would contend that Peyton Manning is one the smartest QBs of all time with one of the highest football IQs ever. Do I have a link confirming that? Sure don't, but I have a feeling many people would agree with me based on years of analysis and observation of his game, not mere "speculation and guesswork." Tell me, do you have "credible links" to back up all your opinions? If so, more power to you.
    Last edited by gerontion; 05-09-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would agree. It doesn't matter how the QB situation plays out this year, you've got two Abs (three if you include Kelly) making next to nothing. There's absolutely no reason to trade either. Both are worth more to the Broncos than any other team at this point. After the season (assuming one has firmly established themselves) then it might make sense to entertain offers, but now it makes no sense.
    It may make sense if the offer is the right price. Of the three, Siemian doesn't seem to have Elway's backing like Paxton does. It probably won't happen during this season, but after this season both should have enough play time to show their value and a team may be willing to take one of them if their QB goes down like the Viking's QB did last year. I think that is one reason Chad Kelly was added, but he needs time to heal up and learn the playbook, but once that happens next off season either Siemian or Paxton may be trade bait for the next draft, most likely Siemian so that Elway doesn't look like he mad a mistake moving up in the first round to get Paxton.

It may make sense if the offer is the right price. Of the three, Siemian doesn't seem to have Elway's backing like Paxton does. It probably won't happen during this season, but after this season both should have enough play time to show their value and a team may be willing to take one of them if their QB goes down like the Viking's QB did last year. I think that is one reason Chad Kelly was added, but he needs time to heal up and learn the playbook, but once that happens next off season either Siemian or Paxton may be trade bait for the next draft, most likely Siemian so that Elway doesn't look like he mad a mistake moving up in the first round to get Paxton.
    I'm not sure either (I won't include Kelly in the equation right now) has much trade value at this point. And Kelly won't have any value with the Broncos until he gets healthy, which might not be until August. So I think it's status quo with Siemian and Lynch for 2017. In the offseason (if one has proven themselves ready to be the guy) then I think they'll re-evalute, but I'm not sure either will get the type of return right now that would force the team to consider it. The best scenario for a trade would be one of the two to take a giant step forward and cement themselves in everyone's minds that they're the guy. Because then other teams will overlook the other being a backup, because they lost the job to a QB who went out and took it with great play.

I don't think Elway will care how things look if Siemian turns out to be the guy. Or if Lynch proves that he's definitely not. Some times the best thing a franchise can do is admit they made a mistake and move on when they get the chance.

I guess we'll see how it plays out, I'm hoping both play at a high level and force the comeptition to be open for the first couple of weeks of preseason because both are playing so well. I don't care who wins, just as long as they win it and don't get it by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Knowing the speed of the game and what it takes to learn a playbook will help a lot this year. People writing Lynch off tend to forget that Siemian went from being inactive in most games in 2015 to starting in 2016, he took a monumental step forward. So it's not out of the question Lynch can do it this offseason, or that Siemian could take another equally big step forward this offseason either.
    Going back to Siemian's rookie preseason, he never looked nearly as lost as Lynch did last season IMO. I don't think Siemian was ever as far behind as Lynch was when he first got here.

When has John Elway said or shown he supports Lynch more than Siemian?
    Not saying it's not true, I just haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    When has John Elway said or shown he supports Lynch more than Siemian?
    Not saying it's not true, I just haven't seen it.
    I think this could be because Elway was believed to have wanted Lynch to play the second half of our last game and Kubiak played Siemian the entire game.

But even if true, I don't think this means Elway supports Lynch more than Siemian.

The. Biggest problem with Siemian, if you watch his highlight video, is he under throws a majority of his deep balls. Both Sanders and Thomas makes great moves to receive the ball. He just isn't strong enough to stretch the field.

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    The. Biggest problem with Siemian, if you watch his highlight video, is he under throws a majority of his deep balls. Both Sanders and Thomas makes great moves to receive the ball. He just isn't strong enough to stretch the field.
    Interesting comment. I've never seen this, not saying he has never under thrown a deep pass, but it seems unlikely to put a play like that in his highlights video. If you have a link to that video I'd like to see it.

Interesting comment. I've never seen this, not saying he has never under thrown a deep pass, but it seems unlikely to put a play like that in his highlights video. If you have a link to that video I'd like to see it.
    To me it seems like Siemian has an arm strength roughly similar to Peyton Manning in his prime, to Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning... but a far cry from the Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, Elway... but at the end of the day, I am constantly confused at how many people choose to focus on one single aspect.

Siemian seems to have a high to very high football IQ and average physical skills. Like every QB that the Broncos have had from Elway to the current crop, he has areas where he is a poor QB and areas where he is stellar. In the end his success is defined by how he utilizes his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Paxton has a different mix of strengths and weaknesses, but at this time I have not seen much from his side have me rating him at the same level as the last 6 starters we have had at QB.