Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    What I find hilarious is that when we drafted Lynch all Mayock and the experts talked about was a ton of talent but was raw and needed a couple of years on the bench, most people on this board agreed after that pick that he was an exciting talent who needed time.

Now he gets bashed for struggling when being thrown in for a couple of games his rookie year..... on a team with a terrible OL and its top RB out for the year, and now some are saying that if he can't win the starting job this season then he's a bust.
    I dont think it was necessarily that he struggled. I know myself personally, it was the way he struggled. He always looked like the moment was too big for him. If i can see your hand shaking on tv when you put your mouth piece back in, what do you think the huddle is seeing?

Hooray, beer!

What I find hilarious is that when we drafted Lynch all Mayock and the experts talked about was a ton of talent but was raw and needed a couple of years on the bench, most people on this board agreed after that pick that he was an exciting talent who needed time.

Now he gets bashed for struggling when being thrown in for a couple of games his rookie year..... on a team with a terrible OL and its top RB out for the year, and now some are saying that if he can't win the starting job this season then he's a bust.
    Now it almost sounds like he's Tim Tebow. Remember Mayock talking about Tebow during the draft? "Redshirt him once, redshirt him twice if necessary". And after his second season, Tebow was already wearing a Jets uniform.

There is no doubt Lynch has some talent but, if he can't win the starting job in his second year, competing against a 7th-round QB that is "average", "a backup" and "does not pass the eye test", he should not have been drafted in the 1st round. Looks like we're talking about a mid-round project that needs 3, 4 years of work.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I dont think it was necessarily that he struggled. I know myself personally, it was the way he struggled. He always looked like the moment was too big for him. If i can see your hand shaking on tv when you put your mouth piece back in, what do you think the huddle is seeing?
    I agree Paxton was a pure Rookie last year and yes he was and or is a Project QB. I hope to see an improvement from him this year and next year and the year after however I do not want to see Paxton rushed into the Starting Job if he is no where near ready. I would be more than Happy to see Trevor lead Denver since to be honest he looked the part. Trevor threw for 3,400 yards last year with 18 TDs behind Denvers pathetic line and with no running game and no real offense coordinator calling the right plays. I can see TS taking Denver farther this year with an improved O line and a running game as I can see Paxton still learning from TS remember a Project is what Paxton Lynch is Kind of Like a Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I agree Paxton was a pure Rookie last year and yes he was and or is a Project QB. I hope to see an improvement from him this year and next year and the year after however I do not want to see Paxton rushed into the Starting Job if he is no where near ready. I would be more than Happy to see Trevor lead Denver since to be honest he looked the part. Trevor threw for 3,400 yards last year with 18 TDs behind Denvers pathetic line and with no running game and no real offense coordinator calling the right plays. I can see TS taking Denver farther this year with an improved O line and a running game as I can see Paxton still learning from TS remember a Project is what Paxton Lynch is Kind of Like a Tebow.
    Tyler Polumbus was stating on the radio this morning that Paxton Lynch has been studying the playbook and he is progressing quite nicely. A lot of people around UC health practice facility have been highly impressed with Paxton's focus and work ethic the past few days.

Sorry I don't have a link for you because this is just stuff I've heard on the radio but if Tylers throwing it out there like he is it's got to be somewhat genuine right. At least we hope!

As Frey stated earlier It doesn't matter what name is on the back of the jersey. The only name that matters is the name on the front of the jersey!

I for one am a fan of the Denver Broncos, a fan of the team as a whole and it doesn't matter to me who starts at any position, What is most important is how well the guy that is starting, is performing at a top level.
    I've argued this case throughout the years as far back as the Jake plumber/Jay Cutler debates with posters such as mtnman, jakenbake, topscribe etc. As far back as the Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning arguments.

It doesn't matter to me who is starting at the position, all that matters is if he's playing well and he's the right guy for the job.

Just like they tell you in the military, if your Water purification technician, a combat medic or whatever, they will always state that you are soldier first and in this situation we are Denver Broncos supporters first with the same level of integrity before any individual player supporter.

No with that stated I don't care who the starter is, I am going to support each and every one of our players because they Dawn the orange and blue and competition is always a good problem to have, So guys like SMR1 and Salty, I understand you fill the level of compassion and frustration but you need to get over that and support each and every individual player that is on this team if you were truly going to refer to yourself as part of bronco mania so I suggest you just relax, buckle up and get ready for the ride! This is Bronco Country!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-11-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Tyler Polumbus was stating on the radio this morning that Paxton Lynch has been studying the playbook and he is progressing quite nicely. A lot of people around UC health practice facility have been highly impressed with Paxton's focus and work ethic the past few days.

Sorry I don't have a link for you because this is just stuff I've heard on the radio but if Tylers throwing it out there like he is it's got to be somewhat genuine right. At least we hope!
    I heard it too. And its "sources inside the locker room saying they're impressed with Lynch's knowledge of the playbook". Even TP didn't sound confident saying it.

We shall see. If McCoy can dumb down a playbook enough for it to make sense to Tim Tebow, Lynch should be alright.

Hooray, beer!

As Frey stated earlier It doesn't matter what name is on the back of the jersey. The only name that matters is the name on the front of the jersey!

I for one am a fan of the Denver Broncos, a fan of the team as a whole and it doesn't matter to me who starts at any position, What is most important is how well the guy that is starting, is performing at a top level.
    I've argued this case throughout the years as far back as the Jake plumber/Jay Cutler debates with posters such as mtnman, jakenbake, topscribe etc. As far back as the Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning arguments.

It doesn't matter to me who is starting at the position, all that matters is if he's playing well and he's the right guy for the job.

Just like they tell you in the military, if your Water purification technician, a combat medic or whatever, they will always state that you are soldier first and in this situation we are Denver Broncos supporters first with the same level of integrity before any individual player supporter.

No with that stated I don't care who the starter is, I am going to support each and every one of our players because they Dawn the orange and blue and competition is always a good problem to have, So guys like SMR1 and Salty, I understand you fill the level of compassion and frustration but you need to get over that and support each and every individual player that is on this team if you were truly going to refer to yourself as part of bronco mania so I suggest you just relax, buckle up and get ready for the ride! This is Bronco Country!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmruNZF3To

"Go, America. Go, Broncos."

Expecting much from PL in his rookie year after such a big transformation from his college system was never realistic. He has had a full year in the nfl, a full off-season, so it will be interesting to see how he does in TC.

I don't see it as a failure if TS wins the starting job. He showed real promise last year in a tough situation and the players are a familiar with him, while PL is still developing.

Expecting much from PL in his rookie year after such a big transformation from his college system was never realistic. He has had a full year in the nfl, a full off-season, so it will be interesting to see how he does in TC.

I don't see it as a failure if TS wins the starting job. He showed real promise last year in a tough situation and the players are a familiar with him, while PL is still developing.
    Which is why I am fine with our QB situation. TS in my opinion is going to set a very high bar in this competition, maybe one too high for PL to ever overcome (hard to replace a starter who is winning games). If PL does not win this summer, I think it may be hard to pry the job away. On the other hand, if he does "win" the job, he will be pretty darn good because I don't see TS regressing.

Kinda a great position to be in given the low cap we are spending on the position. My $$$ just happens to be on TS, but will of course root for the guy who wins the job.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

all the QBs on the roster are still in the "developmental" stage

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Tyler Polumbus was stating on the radio this morning that Paxton Lynch has been studying the playbook and he is progressing quite nicely. A lot of people around UC health practice facility have been highly impressed with Paxton's focus and work ethic the past few days.I

I agree with you 100% ! I will support whoever wins the starting job as the Denver Broncos QB as our Team will be Awesome this Year !! BTW who ever is the Back Up I am sure will be playing sometime this year God Forbid however if a Team has a strong back up QB the show could go on without missing a beat however if you have a Back up like The Oakland Raiders had last year lol no chance lol!!