Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I like the QB situation for the future. Unfortunately, it will take some rebuilding with growing pains until a starter is settled. This is not uncommon in the NFL after a franchise QB retires. It takes some time to find the next QB and get back on track unless the team had a very poor season, gets a very high pick and there is a top QB available in the draft.

What I really like about this situation is that Siemian does things the right way. From all I've heard and read, he already has the respect of the locker room, has the football IQ and maturity to play the position and prepares like a starting QB should. So, it's probable that he will continue to get better every year.

That means Siemian can set a high bar for the QB competition. I don't think Elway and Vance Joseph can just insert Paxton Lynch as the starter and tell the locker room to deal with it if he's not deserving. I also don't think Siemian will screw up and lose the job. Someone will have to clearly win and take the job away from him. If that's the case, the team will be in good hands with a hard-working QB, no matter who he is, instead of dealing with a business decision based on draft status.

If Paxton Lynch can work as hard as Siemian, absorb the playbook as well as Siemian, show the results on the field and earn the respect of the locker room, the team will be in good hands with a competent QB doing the right things besides the upside of his mobility and arm talent.

If Siemian wins the starting job again, I think it will be time to admit he simply is the better QB and there should be no more competition in 2018. This team can't have a QB competiton every year splitting reps during camp. That's the main issue of the current QB situation: whoever wins the job will only be 50% prepared because he had to share reps 50/50.

Now there's also Ched Kelly in the mix. The same applies to him: if he wants to get this job, he will have to put in the work and do all the right things to unseat Siemian. The QB that arrives late, leaves early and has the wrong priorities off the field won't have a chance to be the starter in Denver. This is not Cleveland where the owner forces the front office to draft Manziel and then forces the coaching staff to start Manziel regardless of his immaturity and lack of preparation.

Siemian had better numbers than Carson Wentz and played injured behind a horrible offensive line without any help from the running game. He had growing pains for sure, like most young QBs without experience, but nothing that indicated he can't continue to improve and have a chance to be a starter in the league.

I expect improvement from Siemian, his teammates already respect him as the starter and he will continue to grind. If someone performs better than him and takes the job fairly, we should feel good about it. That's why I like the QB situation, though it will feel like a rebuilding stage until this competiton is over.

This new staff needs to find the starting QB as soon as possible and let him grow with reps and game experience. Hopefully we will be able to say one of these QBs is the franchise QB by 2018.
    We had a quarterback sitting on the bench for 4 years behind Manning. He was supposed to be the next man up. Unfortunately, we wasted a lot of time and effort with a guy who never had what it takes.

But, I agree with everything in this Post. Very well said.

There will be installation of the offense between now and TC with plenty of non-contact stuff like seven-on-sevens. When TC begins, there will be intra-squad scrimmages and inter-squad practices (with the 9ers, I believe) with full contact. The preseason games will be game-like situations in each segment.

In the end, the coaching staff will start the best QB because the players see what the coaches see in meetings, at practice and in game-like situations. Coaches pay attention to the locker room and attempt to cultivate leadership in it. Players and coaches want to win and know the best way to do that is to play the best guys.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Here's the best Chad Kelly article I've read.

"Inside Chad Kelly's anxious NFL Draft experience, right down to the very last pick"
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/29/ch...ng-final-pick/

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Here's the best Chad Kelly article I've read.

"Inside Chad Kelly's anxious NFL Draft experience, right down to the very last pick"
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/29/ch...ng-final-pick/
    Good article. Chad has a lot of work to do and showed potential. He has his shot, let's see what he makes of it.

Denver has a good group of QBs to take to TC including Kyle Sloter who can throw until Chad is ready.

Chad probably makes the 53 as the third QB. I don't see the FO risking him on the practice squad. Even with the injury and regrettable mistakes, i'm surprised he dropped all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    Good article. Chad has a lot of work to do and showed potential. He has his shot, let's see what he makes of it.
    I'm rootin' for ya Mad-Chad Kelly!
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

This Kid looks awesome! Can't wait to see what he can provide Denver when healthy we might have a QB controversy in a year or two when Chad gets healthy!

When the rookies showed up at Dove Valley on Thursday, the main website posted photos of them. Chad has a cast on his right forearm as a result of surgery on his wrist to repair an acute rupture of the ligament between two bones in his wrist. The injury occurred at his Pro Day. I think the surgery was done about 10 April, and recovery is expected to be about three months. I read somewhere that pins were placed in his wrist. IDK if they are permanent or will need to be removed. This inury is on his throwing arm.

Chad is also rehabbing ACL repair to his right knee which occurred late last year. It is the second ACL repair to that knee. The first was in 2013 as a result of an injury in the Clemson Spring game. He also had sports hernia surgery in April 2016.

We'll see how he recovers from these and how soon he can fully participate. It could be that Denver's medical staff may recommend a year on IR to fully heal in order to strengthen and condition in the effort to guard against further injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I like the QB situation for the future. Unfortunately, it will take some rebuilding with growing pains until a starter is settled. This is not uncommon in the NFL after a franchise QB retires. It takes some time to find the next QB and get back on track unless the team had a very poor season, gets a very high pick and there is a top QB available in the draft.

What I really like about this situation is that Siemian does things the right way. From all I've heard and read, he already has the respect of the locker room, has the football IQ and maturity to play the position and prepares like a starting QB should. So, it's probable that he will continue to get better every year.

That means Siemian can set a high bar for the QB competition. I don't think Elway and Vance Joseph can just insert Paxton Lynch as the starter and tell the locker room to deal with it if he's not deserving. I also don't think Siemian will screw up and lose the job. Someone will have to clearly win and take the job away from him. If that's the case, the team will be in good hands with a hard-working QB, no matter who he is, instead of dealing with a business decision based on draft status.

If Paxton Lynch can work as hard as Siemian, absorb the playbook as well as Siemian, show the results on the field and earn the respect of the locker room, the team will be in good hands with a competent QB doing the right things besides the upside of his mobility and arm talent.

If Siemian wins the starting job again, I think it will be time to admit he simply is the better QB and there should be no more competition in 2018. This team can't have a QB competiton every year splitting reps during camp. That's the main issue of the current QB situation: whoever wins the job will only be 50% prepared because he had to share reps 50/50.

Now there's also Ched Kelly in the mix. The same applies to him: if he wants to get this job, he will have to put in the work and do all the right things to unseat Siemian. The QB that arrives late, leaves early and has the wrong priorities off the field won't have a chance to be the starter in Denver. This is not Cleveland where the owner forces the front office to draft Manziel and then forces the coaching staff to start Manziel regardless of his immaturity and lack of preparation.

Siemian had better numbers than Carson Wentz and played injured behind a horrible offensive line without any help from the running game. He had growing pains for sure, like most young QBs without experience, but nothing that indicated he can't continue to improve and have a chance to be a starter in the league.

I expect improvement from Siemian, his teammates already respect him as the starter and he will continue to grind. If someone performs better than him and takes the job fairly, we should feel good about it. That's why I like the QB situation, though it will feel like a rebuilding stage until this competiton is over.

This new staff needs to find the starting QB as soon as possible and let him grow with reps and game experience. Hopefully we will be able to say one of these QBs is the franchise QB by 2018.
    The problem we'll soon have is once a QB is picked to be the starter, the first bad game half the fans in this forum will be clambering for the next QB. I'm not talking about how the backup QB is always the most popular guy, I am talking about how most of these fans expect Tom Brady every game because we have at least two QBs that could be starters (assuming Paxton has improved). One pass under-thrown and they'll be calling for Paxton. One off target pass they'll be calling for Chad Kelly. Ugh. I hope not, but I am preparing myself for that.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    The problem we'll soon have is once a QB is picked to be the starter, the first bad game half the fans in this forum will be clambering for the next QB. I'm not talking about how the backup QB is always the most popular guy, I am talking about how most of these fans expect Tom Brady every game because we have at least two QBs that could be starters (assuming Paxton has improved). One pass under-thrown and they'll be calling for Paxton. One off target pass they'll be calling for Chad Kelly. Ugh. I hope not, but I am preparing myself for that.
    Nah. One poor pass and I'm calling for Siemian to replace Sloter

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Nah. One poor pass and I'm calling for Siemian to replace Sloter
    Sloter is going to be awesome. As kelly is rehabbing this guy is going to make some noise in camp and pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Sloter is going to be awesome. As kelly is rehabbing this guy is going to make some noise in camp and pre season.
    I mean, I wouldn't be upset by it. That'd be amazing to see.

But, as I've stated several times, I'll take whatever quarterback gives us the best chance to be highly successful for the longest period of time in the future. If that's Trevor, great. If that's Paxton, sweet. If that's Chad or Kyle, awesome! I'm a Broncos' fan, so I root for what's best for the team over the player. Not that I don't also root for players as well. Just Broncos > Individuals.

But, that's why it really bothers me when people on here seem to root against a certain player for the broncos, whether that's Paxton, Trevor, Chad, a different position, etc. Just so they can be seen as "right". I think you often see it initially out of the draft, when people have strong feelings about the player being a "bust" at their respective draft position.

You'll see some folks that are real low on the player, slightly root against them (even though they try to convince themselves they hope he proves them wrong), so they can appear as if they "called it." Not all. Just some.

And just from a discussion or two, you can usually tell which of those people fit that role.

everything I read about this kid just kinda bothers me. He really doesnt seem like a leader at all. The articles have several quotes from him and they are all just whining about how amazing he is and everyone is stupid for not picking him or how he has had it so rough.

If he had a better attitude and stayed out of trouble he probably would have been drafted much earlier.

Im a lot more interested in Kyle sloter to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    everything I read about this kid just kinda bothers me. He really doesnt seem like a leader at all. The articles have several quotes from him and they are all just whining about how amazing he is and everyone is stupid for not picking him or how he has had it so rough.

If he had a better attitude and stayed out of trouble he probably would have been drafted much earlier.

Im a lot more interested in Kyle sloter to be honest.
    Go ask ole miss if they saw him as a leader