Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After the draft

After the draft

Now that we see which needs were met, and which needs weren't met.. which current free agents or likely trade scanarios would you like to see Mr Elway pull off before camp.

Even though we just drafted Bolles and he will more than likely start immediately, I still wouldnt mind bringing in King Dunlap as a camp body. A little competition never hurts.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I don't think we make any moves other than signing some udfa to fill out the camp roster. We need to get a feel for the guys we have, especially the growth of the last two draft classes. I doubt there are any trades in the wind at this point, but I think John is always looking into ways to improve the team. Down the road maybe a vet lineman gets cut and we kick the tires, but I think that's doubtful. Our line was worse on paper last year and we let Josh Sitton sign with the Bears without really trying to get him.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Wouldn't mind a veteran slot receiver brought in to compete. Andrew Hawkins comes to mind. It seems like Henderson MacKenzie and Raymond are all we have all have big upside but still need to develop fundamentals and route running. Hawkins wont command a large salary at all.

I think we should hold off any more moves until after the training camp starts and we see what we really have. Great job Mr Elway and crew.

We will see after 1st cuts.

If Denver signs a FA, I would like it to be Barnage. Especially with Butt needing time to recover. I want Denver to start lining up with two passing threats at TE at times.

I would still look at Jamaal Charles. No reason not to kick the tires on him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I would still look at Jamaal Charles. No reason not to kick the tires on him.
    Why? Broncos already have an often injured vet that plays well "when healthy" in Anderson.

RB has a lot of depth and styles IMO. Booker, Thompson, Pierce, and Henderson. With Janovich at FB. If injuries occur then maybe add a vet but at the moment that seems to be it. Was surprised to see they did not sign a RB as a UDFA for camp/practice squad duties though.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Why? Broncos already have an often injured vet that plays well "when healthy" in Anderson.

RB has a lot of depth and styles IMO. Booker, Thompson, Pierce, and Henderson. With Janovich at FB. If injuries occur then maybe add a vet but at the moment that seems to be it. Was surprised to see they did not sign a RB as a UDFA for camp/practice squad duties though.
    Because Charles is better than all of them when healthy and brings outside speed. That's something none of our backs have.

I wouldn't mind the Broncos making a strong pursue in re-signing Vance Walker assuming his knees are OK. I also think they should make a run at Keith Dunlap and Jamaal Charles. If Jamaal Charles comes at a reasonable cost I couldn't see why the Broncos would not consider giving him a look.

DENVER BRONCOS UDFAs

Erik Austell, OL, Charleston Southern
    Josh Banderas, LB, Nebraska
    Dante Barnett, S, Kansas State
    Jamal Carter, S, Miami
    Ken Ekanem, DE, Virginia Tech
    Jerrol Garcia-Williams, LB, Hawaii
    Deon Hollins, LB, UCLA
    Cameron Hunt, OT, Oregon
    Tyrique Jarrett, NT, Pittsburgh
    Anthony Nash, WR, Duke
    Marcus Rios, CB, UCLA
    Kyle Sloter, QB, Northern Colorado
    Shakir Soto, DL, Pittsburgh
    Orion Stewart, DB, Baylor
    Dymonte Thomas, S, Michigan
    Red 98

Dante Barnett! Love to see us grab a ksu player! Don't think he'll make our team. But, still exciting to see any player from my school get a chance at the next level and definitely with my favorite NFL team.

I'd like to see vance Walker be brought back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I wouldn't mind the Broncos making a strong pursue in re-signing Vance Walker assuming his knees are OK. I also think they should make a run at Keith Dunlap and Jamaal Charles. If Jamaal Charles comes at a reasonable cost I couldn't see why the Broncos would not consider giving him a look.
    Agreed. Assuming Walker's chance of re-injury is reasonable, I cannot imagine how we do not try to work something out to keep him. Signing with any team after an injury should keep his costs down.

I also cannot imagine not considering Charles if (IF!) he can make a strong case. The risk to reward is high on both sides of the equation but if we had a good rotation at RB where he didn't have to be an every down player, he'd add serious fire to the ground game. His injury history is a concern but he's had ample time to rehab and sounds hungry to play... Of course, there are other RB starving teams, like the Eagles who might have more to offer.