View Poll Results: who had the best draft in the AFC west?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Broncos

    11 68.75%
  • Chargers

    3 18.75%
  • Chiefs

    1 6.25%
  • Raiders

    1 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    13,969
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    hey EM......didn't you draft a developmental LT in the first round because you didn't over-pay for your proven LT? are you saying bolles > okung?

    there is a reason multiple teams were over-paying for proven OL players in general.

    just saying......
    Hey baph.....are we smacking with each other? That's gotta be a first, lol. Haha

    I'll take the cheap draft pick with a penchant for penalties over the overpaid vet with an uncanny timing for penalties......
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Hey baph.....are we smacking with each other? That's gotta be a first, lol. Haha

    I'll take the cheap draft pick with a penchant for penalties over the overpaid vet with an uncanny timing for penalties......
    why not? i know you can handle it and not take it personal like some do.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    The Chargers had a pretty good draft from a names standpoint. I will admit I cursed a bit when Lamps name was called. Feeney was also a good pick, those two should help keep Rivers from pouting as much this season. I thought Williams was taken high but with the way the board fell maybe they didn't have a choice. Overall it seems like a solid draft.

    I wasn't impressed by Bolles initially, but the pick has grown on me some. We want guys with some nasty on the line, and he has that. We picked up some potential playmakers from there on. I love the Demarcus pick, we grabbed a nice Butt, and two receivers that have big play potential. I like both drafts but with draft position taken into account, I like our draft slightly more.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    The Chargers had a pretty good draft from a names standpoint. I will admit I cursed a bit when Lamps name was called. Feeney was also a good pick, those two should help keep Rivers from pouting as much this season. I thought Williams was taken high but with the way the board fell maybe they didn't have a choice. Overall it seems like a solid draft.

    I wasn't impressed by Bolles initially, but the pick has grown on me some. We want guys with some nasty on the line, and he has that. We picked up some potential playmakers from there on. I love the Demarcus pick, we grabbed a nice Butt, and two receivers that have big play potential. I like both drafts but with draft position taken into account, I like our draft slightly more.
    this was a pretty fair post but i'm curious as to why you would say the underlined? the chargers best picks were in rounds 2,3, and 5.....they were all considered steals and 2 of them are widely considered some of the best steals of the draft.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...017-nfl-draft/

    you are spot on about the mike williams pick, most would argue it was a bit of a reach but it was a good pick in the sense that he is a perfect fit and a very safe pick. most wanted them to draft hooker who was also a great fit at a more needed position but that pick was a risky one to daft at #7, unlike the williams pick.

    mike williams is pro ready and even if he does have trouble getting separation at first, his leaping playmaking ability will somewhat cancel that out.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    why not? i know you can handle it and not take it personal like some do.
    says the guy who puts people on ignore

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    says the guy who puts people on ignore
    sometimes it's a necessary evil to put the kids on time out.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    The Chargers had a pretty good draft from a names standpoint. I will admit I cursed a bit when Lamps name was called. Feeney was also a good pick, those two should help keep Rivers from pouting as much this season. I thought Williams was taken high but with the way the board fell maybe they didn't have a choice. Overall it seems like a solid draft.

    I wasn't impressed by Bolles initially, but the pick has grown on me some. We want guys with some nasty on the line, and he has that. We picked up some potential playmakers from there on. I love the Demarcus pick, we grabbed a nice Butt, and two receivers that have big play potential. I like both drafts but with draft position taken into account, I like our draft slightly more.

    the chargers best pick was the oline, Williams at 7 was a reach in my opinion, and speaks of the desperation of the chargers having an injury prone keenan allen. there was a multitude of great defensive players available who would make a immediate impact over a slow WR whos knock is poor hands, bad route running and a lack of speed to beat CBs in the next level. in a draft loaded with WRs they could have got an impact Cb or safety and a solid WR later

    you cant knock the oline drafted by LAC

    as for Denver...bolles was targeted and in the team draft room he was considered the best fit for the team

    Demarcus walker was a great pick...outstanding selection with better numbers than even Myles G... when the knock on the broncos last season by bap was the loss of malik...replacing him with a guy who had 16 sacks, 19.5 tfl, 3 FF in ACC play in 2016 alone...in the 2nd, was a steal

    carlos Henderson...a wr who had 19 rec tds, 2 rushing and 2 return tds depite missing 2 games for Louisiana Tech in 2016...in a offense bap states is void of talent out

    Brendan Langley ...could have been had later and not really a need, but then Elway has done great with his Dbs so give him a year or two

    jake Butt in the 5th was one of the steals of the draft...a pass catching offensive weapon TE...who only dropped from the late 1st or second round due to injury

    Isaiah Mckenzie ...immediately upgrades the special teams...one of the weakest spots on the Denver team for a couple years was punt return...this guy is a beast

    and then RB Henderson..a rb that scored a td in 35 consecutive games

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    the chargers best pick was the oline, Williams at 7 was a reach in my opinion, and speaks of the desperation of the chargers having an injury prone keenan allen. there was a multitude of great defensive players available who would make a immediate impact over a slow WR whos knock is poor hands, bad route running and a lack of speed to beat CBs in the next level. in a draft loaded with WRs they could have got an impact Cb or safety and a solid WR later

    you cant knock the oline drafted by LAC
    what defensive player do you think they should have taken? the guy they should have taken went the pick before, other than that both guys most people said they should have taken slid in the draft.

    hooker was never going to the chargers, he wasn't a top 10 pick and i said that for weeks before the draft. allen was the guy i wanted but i also thought that if the chargers were not comfortable with his health that they should take williams.

    you basically just listed every possible concern about williams and ignored everything else, unsurprisingly lol

    williams is a better version of dez bryant coming out of college, do you think when healthy bryant has issues against NFL corners? how about vincent jackson when he was in his prime catching balls from rivers? who's athletically inferior even then to williams.

    if williams is left on an island with any corner in the NFL, they are in trouble. that's his game he brings to the NFL right now, he's NFL ready. with allen drawing double teams, williams is going to get lots of one on one matchups and so is tyrell who is fast and had over 1000 yards last season.

    besides, the chargers landed a steal corner in the 5th who slid because he is slow but he is going to play nickel or FS and in space that dude was a monster play maker in college.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    what defensive player do you think they should have taken? the guy they should have taken went the pick before, other than that both guys most people said they should have taken slid in the draft.

    hooker was never going to the chargers, he wasn't a top 10 pick and i said that for weeks before the draft. allen was the guy i wanted but i also thought that if the chargers were not comfortable with his health that they should take williams.

    you basically just listed every possible concern about williams and ignored everything else, unsurprisingly lol

    williams is a better version of dez bryant coming out of college, do you think when healthy bryant has issues against NFL corners? how about vincent jackson when he was in his prime catching balls from rivers? who's athletically inferior even then to williams.

    if williams is left on an island with any corner in the NFL, they are in trouble. that's his game he brings to the NFL right now, he's NFL ready. with allen drawing double teams, williams is going to get lots of one on one matchups and so is tyrell who is fast and had over 1000 yards last season.

    besides, the chargers landed a steal corner in the 5th who slid because he is slow but he is going to play nickel or FS and in space that dude was a monster play maker in college.
    You don't know this.... he hasn't played NFL caliber corners yet. He's from a small school...... Come on.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    You don't know this.... he hasn't played NFL caliber corners yet. He's from a small school...... Come on.
    Baph's entire belief in his team is based on what if's and maybe.

    "If we hadn't put so many players on IR, we'd be fantastic"


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    sometimes it's a necessary evil to put the kids on time out.
    or when you cant handle the humiliating and constant defeat ...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    what defensive player do you think they should have taken? the guy they should have taken went the pick before, other than that both guys most people said they should have taken slid in the draft.

    hooker was never going to the chargers, he wasn't a top 10 pick and i said that for weeks before the draft. allen was the guy i wanted but i also thought that if the chargers were not comfortable with his health that they should take williams.

    you basically just listed every possible concern about williams and ignored everything else, unsurprisingly lol

    williams is a better version of dez bryant coming out of college, do you think when healthy bryant has issues against NFL corners? how about vincent jackson when he was in his prime catching balls from rivers? who's athletically inferior even then to williams.

    if williams is left on an island with any corner in the NFL, they are in trouble. that's his game he brings to the NFL right now, he's NFL ready. with allen drawing double teams, williams is going to get lots of one on one matchups and so is tyrell who is fast and had over 1000 yards last season.

    besides, the chargers landed a steal corner in the 5th who slid because he is slow but he is going to play nickel or FS and in space that dude was a monster play maker in college.

    better version of dez...good one

    but if Williams, who is slow and never faced elite CB coverage, has poor route breaks, drops balls, did I say slow?..will magically dominate nfl corners?...maybe if he lined up against a dwarf like verrette

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,690
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    better version of dez...good one

    but if Williams, who is slow and never faced elite CB coverage, has poor route breaks, drops balls, did I say slow?..will magically dominate nfl corners?...maybe if he lined up against a dwarf like verrette
    Oh verrette is the only corner in the league that could stop the rookie Williams! Take that to the bank...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Oh verrette is the only corner in the league that could stop the rookie Williams! Take that to the bank...
    and Williams is the only wr who could score on verrett...so we have a conundrum

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    this was a pretty fair post but i'm curious as to why you would say the underlined? the chargers best picks were in rounds 2,3, and 5.....they were all considered steals and 2 of them are widely considered some of the best steals of the draft.

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...017-nfl-draft/

    you are spot on about the mike williams pick, most would argue it was a bit of a reach but it was a good pick in the sense that he is a perfect fit and a very safe pick. most wanted them to draft hooker who was also a great fit at a more needed position but that pick was a risky one to daft at #7, unlike the williams pick.

    mike williams is pro ready and even if he does have trouble getting separation at first, his leaping playmaking ability will somewhat cancel that out.
    Had they taken Hooker, I would have been very dissapointed as a Broncos fan lol. He is the type of safety the Chargers need, speedy playmaker. I would say the board fell favorably for them, Lamp being there especially. It's not really a dig against the draft. They didn't over think it, grabbed the extremely high value guys that lined up well with needs. We had to be a little more creative to get value that met our needs.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •