Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Jamal Charles meeting with Broncos

Charles visiting.

At first I was excited, then just hopeful. The fact that Seattle did not settle with him leaves me wondering. Even so what a mentor to the rest of the backs. Hopefully $ is not the issue. If he is healed and can ease into the process his leadership would be great.

We'll see???
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Denver would most likely use him on 3rd downs. I wouldn't expect him to get more than 10-15 plays a game. Seattle might have been looking for a back that can handle more of the load which Charles could not do. Denver has one of the best medical teams so if there were any red flags we will see it.

If he isn't asking for a fortune, he could be beneficial, but he tends to go down pretty easy.

I've seen that speed kick our butts out of too many important late season games

What's the worst that could happen?

I just want him to score a game winning TD against the chefs

They are very ungrateful for cutting him loose so easily and they are much too high on their own RBs

I like the idea of having Charles on the roster especially not knowing how CJ will play after injury. What's happening with Justin Forsett?

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    I just want him to score a game winning TD against the chefs
    This plus Olivo dialing up some play that crushes their spirit will be so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Denver would most likely use him on 3rd downs. I wouldn't expect him to get more than 10-15 plays a game. Seattle might have been looking for a back that can handle more of the load which Charles could not do. Denver has one of the best medical teams so if there were any red flags we will see it.
    They had already signed Eddie Lacy and still have Thomas Rawls plus CJ Prosise. They likely wanted him as a mentor or injury insurance something Charles probably didn't want to accept.

Low dollar high incentive contract, yeah, give Jamaal a chance.
    He wants to prove he can come back from the injury and wants a ring bad.
    Plus I'd love to hear the KC fans scream if he does well here !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    They had already signed Eddie Lacy and still have Thomas Rawls plus CJ Prosise. They likely wanted him as a mentor or injury insurance something Charles probably didn't want to accept.
    Very true. Forgot they sign Lacy. Still only think Charles plays 10-15 snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Very true. Forgot they sign Lacy. Still only think Charles plays 10-15 snaps
    Per game? That would be about half the rushing attempts if the Broncos are balanced.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Per game? That would be about half the rushing attempts if the Broncos are balanced.
    Actually he did say snaps ... hopefully we run at least 60 plays per game or prefer over 70. I wouldn't be working Charles more than 15 TOUCHES per game to hopefully keep him fresh and maybe prevent injury.

Pending the physical he's on a one year deal

And there it is, per Renck

Charles is still one of best RB in the game when healthy. He's so explosive electric he can take to house at any time. Great job Denver!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Charles is still one of best RB in the game when healthy. He's so explosive electric he can take to house at any time. Great job Denver!
    Even if he doesn't have the same speed he can still be dangerous. He's so great at reading the field and setting his blocks up, there's a particular grace to watching him run. Hopefully this rubs off on the younger backs.