View Poll Results: Who's the better linebacker?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Von Miller

20 95.24%
  • Khalil Mack

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    If that were the case R.I.P. NFL offenses across the league. My god that wouldn't be fair so frightening.
    There would be a Mack Miller Rule. Actually it would be the first NFL Commandment: Thou shall not have two Gods on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Advantage: Push

WRONG. One game did not make Mack's career, otherwise we would've heard about it all last year. I think I saw the highlight twice. It was ONE defining moment but he has had bigger statements since that game. He won a few games last year, Buffalo and Carolina for example.

How is it "not close"?
    I see them as equals as pass rushers, but Von is better at stopping the run and much better in coverage. He is a complete linebacker that also happens to be on of the best pass rushers in the league. Not close was maybe extreme, Mack is a hell of a player. I will rephrase, it didn't take me long to make a choice, as I don't feel it's a very hard one to make. That's nothing against Mack, it's just how good Von is.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

The best linebacker in the AFC West is Derrick Johnson, though he's declining and his career is coming to an end. He's a complete, true linebacker. I see Miller and Mack as edge players. They play for sacks and tackles for loss. You can use Miller in some zone coverage, but he can't cover man-to-man and you don't want him in that role as an off-ball linebacker.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Outdside of the 2015 playoffs (one game in which he was aided by our center tipping the snap count), miller has been average in the postseason.
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-02-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Outdside of the 2015 playoffs (one game in which he was aided by our center tipping the snap count), miller has been average in the postseason.
    outside of seasons when he cheated brady been pretty average to

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    So, like college, high school, what're we talking about here?

There would be a Mack Miller Rule. Actually it would be the first NFL Commandment: Thou shall not have two Gods on the same team.
    It would be like having zeus and hades on same team working as one.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I see them as equals as pass rushers, but Von is better at stopping the run and much better in coverage. He is a complete linebacker that also happens to be on of the best pass rushers in the league. Not close was maybe extreme, Mack is a hell of a player. I will rephrase, it didn't take me long to make a choice, as I don't feel it's a very hard one to make. That's nothing against Mack, it's just how good Von is.
    That's fair, but I disagree in Miller being a better run stopper. I would call that even, as Mack was better in '15 while Miller was better in '16, according to PFF grades, which I don't necessarily call gospel. Mack has a better run stuffing rep than Von, but it's pretty even as both can shut down the run. Same with pass rushing. Looking up and down the board, it's hard to say one is significantly better than the other but I won't argue if anyone takes Miller over Mack. I will give Miller the edge on coverage, but Mack is now used more as a defensive end than linebacker. He started out as linebacker, then they rotated him between linebacker and defensive end. I don't know the ratio of snaps he took at linebacker last year but I would imagine it's smaller than the previous two years.
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 05-02-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Miller was busted for pot laced with amphetamines (molly). You were saying, derp?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 05-03-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Miller was busted for pot laced with amphetamines (molly). You were saying, derp?
    Why do you have to ruin everything?

He wouldn't of said a thing about Brady if you hadn't come in here with your negativity and jealousy of Von Miller.

You have five Super Bowl rings, don't you think that would humble you and you would be a better person?

I know they are asterisk Super Bowl rings but you still have them so quit starting trouble every thread.

That's fair, but I disagree in Miller being a better run stopper. I would call that even, as Mack was better in '15 while Miller was better in '16, according to PFF grades, which I don't necessarily call gospel. Mack has a better run stuffing rep than Von, but it's pretty even as both can shut down the run. Same with pass rushing. Looking up and down the board, it's hard to say one is significantly better than the other but I won't argue if anyone takes Miller over Mack. I will give Miller the edge on coverage, but Mack is now used more as a defensive end than linebacker. He started out as linebacker, then they rotated him between linebacker and defensive end. I don't know the ratio of snaps he took at linebacker last year but I would imagine it's smaller than the previous two years.
    It may be fair to say they're equals even in the run stopping area, I opened with saying I may be biased lol. It's hard to be objective as a fan, and Miller is one of my favorites. I respect the heck out of Mack though, the guy is beast no doubt. It may be much closer than I give credit for tbh. I gotta say, I'm glad this division is filled with such great talent again. Double edge sword though, Raiders being a good team makes me want to puke in my mouth, but at the same time I love the rivalry.

lol excuse on the snap count . You can not tip the count....you can tip the snap but not the count.Was he holding up 3 fingers when the count was 3 lol

Dumbest statement/excuse of the day.

Who was tipping it last season when we were wreaking him all game long?
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Why do you have to ruin everything?

He wouldn't of said a thing about Brady if you hadn't come in here with your negativity and jealousy of Von Miller.

You have five Super Bowl rings, don't you think that would humble you and you would be a better person?

I know they are asterisk Super Bowl rings but you still have them so quit starting trouble every thread.
    I was speaking the truth. In an earlier post I said I would go with Mack over Miller. Then i supplemented my answer by saying miller has not been a factor in the playoffs outside of 2015. Not my fault if you guys are sensitive about it.

I was speaking the truth. In an earlier post I said I would go with Mack over Miller. Then i supplemented my answer by saying miller has not been a factor in the playoffs outside of 2015. Not my fault if you guys are sensitive about it.
    Mack has never been a factor in a playoff game...

Lawrence Taylor had 8.5 sacks in 15 playoff games and none in 1986 his MVP season . Von only had 3 playoff games before 2015.He was injured at the start of a forth and had 1.5 sacks in those 3 games. He now has 6.5 in 7 games...A pace well ahead of quite possibly the greatest defensive player of all time and for sure the best OLB ever to this point.

In conclusion Your first point is stupid and history shows that Also your supplemented point is stupid because Mack has Not ever been a factor in a playoff game even though it has only been one so far.

Your logic train is off the tracks kid
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Advantage: Push

WRONG. One game did not make Mack's career, otherwise we would've heard about it all last year. I think I saw the highlight twice. It was ONE defining moment but he has had bigger statements since that game. He won a few games last year, Buffalo and Carolina for example.

How is it "not close"?
    It's a lot closer than most of us want to admit (because screw the Raiders) but Von still has the edge because he's a more complete linebacker than Mack is. He's also got multiple years of 10+ sack seasons because he's been around longer. Right now Mack's hot, but it's still early, lets see if he sustains it going forward.