Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    That'd make me happy.. if at cap friendly prices.
    Agreed - we will need them when we get hit with an injury bug

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That's why I don't think it'll happen but Dumervil is still available. I just don't like Todd Davis starting and Corey Nelson is too small. Maybe Zaire Anderson can step up and take over. Daryl Washington could get cut too, he might be worth a flier
    We have absolutely no depth. Even if Todd Davis is average this year we have nothing behind him. If Marshall gets injured we end up with the worst starting linebacker situation in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if we switched to a 4-3 at times to hide the lack of depth.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,915
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    We have absolutely no depth. Even if Todd Davis is average this year we have nothing behind him. If Marshall gets injured we end up with the worst starting linebacker situation in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if we switched to a 4-3 at times to hide the lack of depth.
    But would the 4-3 make anything better? Instead of two edge rushers (Miller and Ray) and two off-ball LBs, we would have three off-ball LBs. If you're counting Miller as the SLB in the 4-3, then there would be two ILBs from the 3-4 base playing MLB and WLB in the 4-3, so there would not be any difference. Regardless of the base defense, the defense is playing nickel most of the time with Miller and Ray as edge rushers and two off-ball LBs. I think the only solution is to acquire more athletic ILBs that can cover.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    We have absolutely no depth. Even if Todd Davis is average this year we have nothing behind him. If Marshall gets injured we end up with the worst starting linebacker situation in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if we switched to a 4-3 at times to hide the lack of depth.
    We are vastly fortified this year than we were last year. Our improved D line - and stacked secondary and improved special teams and o line more than make up for a lack of line backers in the middle

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    787
    The RB position will be a thing to watch, I think it could end up very exciting. If they can both stay healthy they should feed off of each other and spark a great ground game. I think the RB position could also have a big impact on are starting QB. If the run game lags, then I think that works into Siemians advantage. He was fairly accurate last season and has a season under his belt where he was use to a mediocre surrounding cast, I see Lynch struggling if put in that position. If the run game takes off and opens up the pass game, then Lynch's arm and down field game could help close the gap on Siemian. The run game will either be very exciting or extremely frustrating yet again.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,226
    Not for the starters, but the WR battle for the remaining spots will be interesting.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Not for the starters, but the WR battle for the remaining spots will be interesting.
    Is denarcus Watson better than Vance walker?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Not for the starters, but the WR battle for the remaining spots will be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Is denarcus Watson better than Vance walker?
    Denarcus runs better routes but Vance Walker has better hands.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Denarcus runs better routes but Vance Walker has better hands.
    Lol - touché - who is better though?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He won't be able to throw until August due to recent surgery. It's very possible he spends 2017 on the PUP list or IR.
    Has to be the IR doesn't it? Otherwise he takes up a roster spot doesn't he.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,690
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Actually, that was my thinking when the Broncos first signed Watson. I thought that Watson would be a shoe in at LT. But, then I kept seeing Watson listed as a RT in various media Depth Chart. And, when asked about the LT position, last week, Elway said we have an LT in Sambrailo. And then, of course, Elway Drafted Bolles in the 1st Round. That's why I'm thinking it will be "Sambrailo vs. Bolles".

    Of course, the ideal situation would be for the 5 best Offensive Lineman to be on the field of play.
    That's what O-Line coaches do if no one interferes with them. After Beadles left and Clady returned from injury in 2014, Franklin was moved to LG and Chris Clark went to RT. Clark was benched by the middle of the season and Paul Cornick started a couple of games at RT before Vasquez and Ramirez were shuffled to the right and Montgomery was brought in at C. Franklin did a good job at LG.

    When Clark played LT in 2013, he was marginal at best, and pass protection had to be shifted to the left to help him which made Franklin look bad. Clark was not a good run blocker. When Beadles left, a LG was needed. The best down blocker was moved from RT to LG and the worst down blocker was promoted to the five at the spot which needs consistently authoritative down blocks.

    I doubt if Dave Magazu thought that up. IDK who told him to do it and we'll never know, but that's an example of why the O-Line coach needs to identify his five without interference. I'm sure Jeff Davidson will be allowed to do that.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,995
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    We are vastly fortified this year than we were last year. Our improved D line - and stacked secondary and improved special teams and o line more than make up for a lack of line backers in the middle
    That is only on paper so far


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,690
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That's why I don't think it'll happen but Dumervil is still available. I just don't like Todd Davis starting and Corey Nelson is too small. Maybe Zaire Anderson can step up and take over. Daryl Washington could get cut too, he might be worth a flier
    Denver's roster has Corey Nelson at 6'1" 226 and Zaire Anderson at 5'11" 220.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That's what O-Line coaches do if no one interferes with them. After Beadles left and Clady returned from injury in 2014, Franklin was moved to LG and Chris Clark went to RT. Clark was benched by the middle of the season and Paul Cornick started a couple of games at RT before Vasquez and Ramirez were shuffled to the right and Montgomery was brought in at C. Franklin did a good job at LG.

    When Clark played LT in 2013, he was marginal at best, and pass protection had to be shifted to the left to help him which made Franklin look bad. Clark was not a good run blocker. When Beadles left, a LG was needed. The best down blocker was moved from RT to LG and the worst down blocker was promoted to the five at the spot which needs consistently authoritative down blocks.

    I doubt if Dave Magazu thought that up. IDK who told him to do it and we'll never know, but that's an example of why the O-Line coach needs to identify his five without interference. I'm sure Jeff Davidson will be allowed to do that.
    that is true. I like improvement on paper at least. Last year's draft wasnt worth much on paper and it showed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •