Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would Denver still add Sheldon Richardson?

I think they just picked up an extra 4th next year during the daft. If New York took a 4th rounder for him would Denver pull the trigger while DeMarcus Walker learns under him for a year? It might be a one year deal, but if it only cost a 4th rounder I'm curious if Denver would do this to bookend with Wolfe. Intriguing possibility...

At this point I don't think so. If it was going to happen it would have already happen

I think we have the roster set. I would argue that we do need Richardson though.

I don't see them taking a fourth, if he has a good year he will land them a third round comp pick. I think that's likely as he is in a contract year, he will bring it.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I don't see them taking a fourth, if he has a good year he will land them a third round comp pick. I think that's likely as he is in a contract year, he will bring it.
    Yea but it would be a 4th next year or a 3rd in 2 years. About the same value.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Yea but it would be a 4th next year or a 3rd in 2 years. About the same value.
    Fair point, but they also get the production of a motivated player for another year by keeping him. They buy time if they still have any interest in keeping him, which is probably unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Fair point, but they also get the production of a motivated player for another year by keeping him. They buy time if they still have any interest in keeping him, which is probably unlikely.
    He isn't going to get much of a chance to tear it up though playing behind Mohammad Wilkerson.

The Jets really have no idea what to do with Sheldon Richardson right now, they have him listed as an outside linebacker. How asinine is that it will do the Jets haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 1960s.

Anyway I think it is a good idea, I think Denver should pull the trigger on a trade and give New York a third round pick in next years draft. Turn Sheldon Richardson loose as a starter and allow him to tear it up here. Therefore they'll get a motivated player and perhaps a comp pick in the 2019 draft, meaning that they have nothing to lose so get the pic back. Because we all know that they will not re-sign him but by that time Demarcus walk there should be more than ready to go.

However the Jets should have been able to trade him by now I think they're pulling and Jerry Jones and asking for way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He isn't going to get much of a chance to tear it up though playing behind Mohammad Wilkerson.

The Jets really have no idea what to do with Sheldon Richardson right now, they have him listed as an outside linebacker. How asinine is that it will do the Jets haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 1960s.

Anyway I think it is a good idea, I think Denver should pull the trigger on a trade and give New York a third round pick in next years draft. Turn Sheldon Richardson loose as a starter and allow him to tear it up here. Therefore they'll get a motivated player and perhaps a comp pick in the 2019 draft, meaning that they have nothing to lose so get the pic back. Because we all know that they will not re-sign him but by that time Demarcus walk there should be more than ready to go.

However the Jets should have been able to trade him by now I think they're pulling and Jerry Jones and asking for way too much.
    Agreed with this, and I would also like to see us explore the trade. I'm just not sure a third is worth a one year rental. I also don't think they would take less, because like you said he would probably be traded already.

Is he a DE or NT? With Kerr signed gotsis with a healthy off season going into year 2 and walker recently drafted they are done adding at DE. Also you have to consider that we would pretty much need to commit to him long term with a contract. And he isn't exactly the type of guy you have your young players learning under. If he plays NT then yeah not really convinced we have that tightened up unless jarret shocks the world and is the second coming of Vince wilfork.

I'm not sure Denver "needs" Richardson, but our DL has been a weakness defensively since Malik left. Thanks for the feedback from the post. You guys know 10x what I do on the Broncos, but if Denver had intentions of making a run this year I think the move fits. I have to believe that Elway plans on making a run. That's why he drafted Boles and brought in Charles, along with the speed in the draft. Adding Richardson this year gives Denver a formidable defense and the offense should be vastly improved. If it cost Denver a third and they couldn't resign him (prefer a fourth), then hopefully they pick that back up in free agency. But you never know how much being in Denver impacts a player. Wolfe could have made a lot more on the open market, Chris Harris could have, probably even Sanders on offense. He could end up re-upping for in the $8-$10 million a year range if he has a good year. If not, you haven't lost much and you've afforded your team a chance to make another run.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Is he a DE or NT? With Kerr signed gotsis with a healthy off season going into year 2 and walker recently drafted they are done adding at DE. Also you have to consider that we would pretty much need to commit to him long term with a contract. And he isn't exactly the type of guy you have your young players learning under. If he plays NT then yeah not really convinced we have that tightened up unless jarret shocks the world and is the second coming of Vince wilfork.
    In a 1 gap 3-4 he could play both and he would perform well at either spot if he is motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by OKBroncoBoy View Post
    I think they just picked up an extra 4th next year during the daft. If New York took a 4th rounder for him would Denver pull the trigger while DeMarcus Walker learns under him for a year? It might be a one year deal, but if it only cost a 4th rounder I'm curious if Denver would do this to bookend with Wolfe. Intriguing possibility...
    They were asking for a 5th during the draft and then were reportedly willing to trade Richardson and their sixth for a fifth. No one wants him, he's too much of a headache with too big of a salary.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

They were willing to take scraps during the draft, no one bit. The problem isn't the asking price, it's the player. No one wants him. If he were a free agent he gets signed to a $4 million 1 year contract so he can prove himself.

If we rent him for a year we will get a 3rd back when he gets paid. He counts like 8mil against the cap this year? That's the biggest issue

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    If we rent him for a year we will get a 3rd back when he gets paid. He counts like 8mil against the cap this year? That's the biggest issue
    Here's an article from the New York Daily News, it appears no one is willing to trade for him unless he takes a paycut, but his $8.1 salary is fully guaranteed and he sees no reason to do so. I'm not sure the Jets will be able to move him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3118252