Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82

Thread: but bap said

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    941
    So...... Do we grade rookies and 2nd year players already as top picks? There is absolutely NOTHING that shows Telesco has had great drafts. We all know it takes a couple years to grade out a draft class if we want to be honest, (not biased), about it. And to say Elway has lacked ANY success is laughable. Denver has been one of the top teams 5 out of the last 6 years. Okay, okay..... Last year..... 9-7 after a complete overhaul on offense. WOW, that's terrible. Now they had to overhaul different parts of the offense.....

    This is what it appears to be for Denver. A down year is 8-8, 9-7. Since 1980 Denver has been below .500 only six times in 37 years. SIX TIMES!!!! Elway has continued the continuity these last 6 years.

    San Diego/LA has been below .500 six times SINCE 2000!!!!! And two of those years have been under Telesco's watch......
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 05-16-2017 at 08:30 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215
    Patriots didn't have a first round pick but still had a better draft then all afc west teams put together but the baph guy is right telesco is a better draft guru over Elway any day. garret bowles? 25 year old rookie? this is the team that drafted Maurice claret once.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you mean somebody rated elway high? you have to be rated high in order to be over-rated

    elway is an average drafting GM at best, he's has the vast majority of success luring players in FA and i think anybody could tell you that. is last two drafts have shown that for sure and really, i can think of one one good overall draft class he has had so far.

    telesco just had two in a row better than any daft class elway ever had and nobody is saying he is great, what gives?


    I would assume that a team picking 3rd after going 4-12 would be in position to get a better player than some team say...like the 2015 superbowl champs who picked 31st, not to mention a 3rd or 4th place slot in each round after as opposed to last pick in each round

    then follow then up by picking 7th to our 20th in the next draft

    but to humor you...who said you had two better drafts than Elway ever had in the last two seasons...is it because your team sucked so bad they got a 3rd and 7th overall pick, in the last two seasons?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I would assume that a team picking 3rd after going 4-12 would be in position to get a better player than some team say...like the 2015 superbowl champs who picked 31st, not to mention a 3rd or 4th place slot in each round after as opposed to last pick in each round

    then follow then up by picking 7th to our 20th in the next draft

    but to humor you...who said you had two better drafts than Elway ever had in the last two seasons...is it because your team sucked so bad they got a 3rd and 7th overall pick, in the last two seasons?
    Not only that but who is to say that those draft picks are going to work out. Yeah I know there's a lot of talent there but he we've all seen it happen I mean if you look at the Peter Warwick's, the Kellen Winslow Jr's, and even the Ryan Leafs <---- (I like that one).

    Who can say whether a draft has a high-grade or not until a few years down the road. Barph is just delusional as always, looking for anything he can to try to get one over Denver but just like his team consistently fails so does he!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not only that but who is to say that those draft picks are going to work out. Yeah I know there's a lot of talent there but he we've all seen it happen I mean if you look at the Peter Warwick's, the Kellen Winslow Jr's, and even the Ryan Leafs <---- (I like that one).

    Who can say whether a draft has a high-grade or not until a few years down the road. Barph is just delusional as always, looking for anything he can to try to get one over Denver but just like his team consistently fails so does he!

    the fact his team had the number 3 and 7th overall picks kinda disproves how great he thinks telesco is

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,890
    Allen likes to kill the Broncos? lol How many wins does he have exactly vs the Broncos again?. Amari Cooper is a much much better WR than Allen and yet I am Not afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Allen likes to kill the Broncos? lol How many wins does he have exactly vs the Broncos again?. Amari Cooper is a much much better WR than Allen and yet I am Not afraid.
    well he has an impressive reg season tally of 163 yards and 3 TDs against the broncos since 2013...so I guess that's killing us

    I wonder what he would consider DTs 603 yards and 6 tds against the bolts in that same period ...

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Allen likes to kill the Broncos? lol How many wins does he have exactly vs the Broncos again?. Amari Cooper is a much much better WR than Allen and yet I am Not afraid.
    dude, when healthy allen is elite and probably better than cooper. go watch the first game of last year when he went against marcus peters, a corner you say is so good. he was destroying him before he got injured. allen is straight nasty at the LOS, just watch his film. i'm not sure if there is a better route runner in the NFL, especially coming of the LOS.

    however, allen isn't the only guy we have that you need to worry about, that's the point.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,733
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    well he has an impressive reg season tally of 163 yards and 3 TDs against the broncos since 2013...so I guess that's killing us

    I wonder what he would consider DTs 603 yards and 6 tds against the bolts in that same period ...
    same dumb argument you used against ingram, all you know is stats and nothing else....it's because he's been injured not because he hasn't been productive, which is a big reason why they picked mike williams. when healthy he needs to be doubled or you won't stop him, simple as that. even then good luck.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    dude, when healthy allen is elite and probably better than cooper. go watch the first game of last year when he went against marcus peters, a corner you say is so good. he was destroying him before he got injured. allen is straight nasty at the LOS, just watch his film. i'm not sure if there is a better route runner in the NFL, especially coming of the LOS.

    however, allen isn't the only guy we have that you need to worry about, that's the point.

    lol when healthy...another injury excuse...so how do you know hes elite...is it a gut feeling...did he flash
    cause his best season was 21st in yards and 13th in wr tds....he was never elite

    his best b2b seasons 2013/2014 produced 1829 yards and 12 TDs...that is not elite
    in those same two seasons..DT 3049 yards 25 tds...this is elite

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    same dumb argument you used against ingram, all you know is stats and nothing else....it's because he's been injured not because he hasn't been productive, which is a big reason why they picked mike williams. when healthy he needs to be doubled or you won't stop him, simple as that. even then good luck.
    part of being a good wr is being on the field...hes more of a injury prone liability than elite wr...because hes been injured but never put up elite numbers

    sorry your homeritus does not equal proof

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,733
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    lol when healthy...another injury excuse...so how do you know hes elite...is it a gut feeling...did he flash
    cause his best season was 21st in yards and 13th in wr tds....he was never elite

    his best b2b seasons 2013/2014 produced 1829 yards and 12 TDs...that is not elite
    in those same two seasons..DT 3049 yards 25 tds...this is elite
    yeah the problem is all you are doing is looking at stats. let me tell ya, tyrell williams had over 1000 yards last season and he isn't close to the level that allen is at when he is healthy.

    i'm sorry you don't understand because you haven't watched the players actually play and just go by stats but i guess you will see on 9/11

    you really need to actually watch the games and stop just going by stat sheets, it just shows your limited football knowledge.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    26,733
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    part of being a good wr is being on the field...hes more of a injury prone liability than elite wr...because hes been injured but never put up elite numbers

    sorry your homeritus does not equal proof
    well ya, that's true. unfortunately for you he will almost certainly be on the field when you face the chargers week 1. not just him but also mike williams, tyrell williams, hunter henry, antonio gates, melvin gordon......the bolt buzz saw is coming!

    sucks to be you.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,951
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah the problem is all you are doing is looking at stats. let me tell ya, tyrell williams had over 1000 yards last season and he isn't close to the level that allen is at when he is healthy.

    i'm sorry you don't understand because you haven't watched the players actually play and just go by stats but i guess you will see on 9/11

    you really need to actually watch the games and stop just going by stat sheets, it just shows your limited football knowledge.
    so if your not looking at the yards, rec and tds produced by a wr
    so what do you look at then...the times he appeared to soundly beat a cb... but the play was designed to go somewhere else

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    24,017
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    so if your not looking at the yards, rec and tds produced by a wr
    so what do you look at then...the times he appeared to soundly beat a cb... but the play was designed to go somewhere else
    Duh man... Don't you know about wr flashes?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •