Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,931
    There you go:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    There you go:

    Not sure I love another QB with a reputation of being a bit of a head case wearing number 6. They should permanently ban QBs from ever wearing that number again.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    14,005

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not sure I love another QB with a reputation of being a bit of a head case wearing number 6. They should permanently ban QBs from ever wearing that number again.
    They should give him 15.... clean that up.....haha.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    337
    Is it selfish of me to not want anyone to wear #27? Maybe it's time to move forward.
    I know Moreno had it ..but still..

    Rip D-will

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    337
    And while on complaining... No one should be wearing #80!! Orange Julius shouldn't have been wearing it either..

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,551
    I thought Kelly would have taken #11 with it being a number he's worn previously, unless he got last dibs with being drafted last?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    Is it selfish of me to not want anyone to wear #27? Maybe it's time to move forward.
    I know Moreno had it ..but still..

    Rip D-will
    I read that Langley asked for 24, but he was denied.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not sure I love another QB with a reputation of being a bit of a head case wearing number 6. They should permanently ban QBs from ever wearing that number again.
    He said favre was one of his favorites, Im surprised he didn't go with number 4. I believe andy davis wore #4 last season but im not sure he is with the team anymore, hes not on the roster list.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I read that Langley asked for 24, but he was denied.
    Thank goodness, I would have spontaneously combusted.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    I read that Langley asked for 24, but he was denied.
    Honestly I thought Jamaal Charles would have dawned the number. I for one would not have had a problem with that but what's the big idea, are they planning to retire the number? I though I for one would not have had a problem with that but what's the big idea, are they planning to retire the number? I thought when John Elway retired and his number?

    If I remember correctly when they retired John Elway's number I thought Pat Bowles stated, that was the last time a jersey was going to be retired? I mean it's kind of ridiculous thing because they only have so many numbers.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-12-2017 at 04:25 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Honestly I thought Jamaal Charles would have dawned the number. I for one would not have had a problem with that but what's the big idea, are they planning to retire the number? I though I for one would not have had a problem with that but what's the big idea, are they planning to retire the number? I thought when John Elway retired and his number?

    If I remember correctly when they retired John Elway's number I thought Pat Bowles stated, that was the last time a jersey was going to be retired? I mean it's kind of ridiculous thing because they only have so many numbers.
    Right. Denver has retired the numbers of the three players they feel were most instrumental in bringing the franchise to its current level. The Ring of Fame is available for recognizing Broncos who have been great players in the history of the team, and should be remembered for their accomplishments.

    Five NFL teams have retired no numbers, but Chicago has retired fourteen, Giants and Niners twelve each and KC ten.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I mean it's kind of ridiculous thing because they only have so many numbers.
    They should have a time frame on them eg. they become un-retired after 50 years of being retired.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,931
    I remember Bradley Roby also asked for #24 when he was a rookie and was denied. I think it's a shame these numbers can't be used anymore. At least the Broncos have few retired numbers, though even one is one too many. Other teams have to give the same jersey number to different players when they carry a 90-man roster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    852
    I think it has to do with the recency of Bailey as much as anything. I think certain free agents or tenured members of the franchise should be able to change numbers to sacred numbers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •