Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't think so. His own team in college called him "Check Down Trevor"
    Every fanbase accuses their QB's of being captain checkdown. It's a pretty oft-used nickname thrown around by frustrated fans.

I'm willing to be patient and see if there is growth in that area this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Siemian should be able to beat out Lynch, even in this shotgun heavy McCoy scheme that almost everyone thinks will favor Lynch over Siemian.

With that, no I don't think that's why they hired him. McCoy is suppose to design a scheme to make it so the B qb can beat out the A qb? Paxton will have to earn it, not have it handed to him through a creative offense.

There may be pressure to get Lynch on the field, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. 2018 could be his year, we will see.
    so will any of the QBs. You have already handed the starting job to Siemian but the truth is....it's an open competition....and a 4 way competition at that.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Every fanbase accuses their QB's of being captain checkdown. It's a pretty oft-used nickname thrown around by frustrated fans.

not fans...his own team...

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I think it's just insane to make that comparison. Regardless of how you feel about Brady, he's one of the greatest ever. Both were late round picks that didn't jump out as projected stars to most, but that's about it. Sure Trevor could be good with a healthy shoulder and better O line, but so could Carson Wentz and many other young QBs. One of the biggest differences that would make me say there's little to no reason to expect a Brady like career is the lack of chances he takes or the game plan they give him, that limits his chances. I was very frustrated this season seeing no safety help over DT or Sanders and there was no audible/check to take a shot and throw the go route. Even if Kubiak had called a play, I would think most QBs have the green light to say I saw big play potential, so I called a go route. I never saw that from Trevor and it looked like the offense didn't request that he make risky throws.

Brady on the other hand was kind of tossed into the fire when Bledsoe went down. Look back at his first SB run. On several occasions, he either was given the opportunity to throw a 30 yard post on 3rd and 5 or made the call himself. Either way, even as a young QB, drafted in the 6th round, they went pedal to the medal with Brady, as much as they could. I didn't see that with TS, and I don't think that was because of his shoulder or the O line.
    Keep in mind, that first year QBs are brought along slowly to build their confidence and I would assume that Kubiak and Elway(being ex-QBs) were in agreement that we shouldn't be rushing a young QB into low percentage throws until he is ready. Also, it takes time for to run those go-routes, do you think the o-line gave Siemian or Paxton that time? I think not. I think your frustration may have been miss directed, it should have been towards the o-line. Most NFL players in general are overwhelmed in their first year, which is why I was so surprised at Siemian's "chill" attitude the whole year especially when we had opened against the team we just embarrassed in the SB a few months before and they had so much time to scheme for our young QB. My support for Siemian was relative for a first year starter, I am not comparing him to a veteran who's been playing in the league for years and you know what you have after years. Yeah, I don't expect a first year QB to have all the passes nailed, especially the ones that need time to develop but as long as he is not throwing interceptions, I feel a lot better about his development.

Since you mentioned Brady's first year was so good, lets compare both QB's first full year of stats.

Tom Brady's Career Stats

Trevor Siemian's Career Stats

Both played 1 game in their first year
    Brady played 15 games in year 2, Siemian played in 14 games in year 2

Since you mention the lack of long passes compared to Brady in their first real year, here are some numbers in comparison. If you thought Brady was great, then you should be loving Siemian. :-)
    Brady: 32 passes over 20+ yards
    Siemian: 37 passes over 20+ yards
    Brady: 6 passes over 40+ yards
    Siemian: 8 passes over 40+ yards
    Brady: 12 interceptions
    Siemian: 10 interceptions
    Brady: 189 ypg
    Siemian: 249 ypg
    Brady: completion rate: 86.5%
    Siemian: completion rate: 84.6%
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

so will any of the QBs. You have already handed the starting job to Siemian but the truth is....it's an open competition....and a 4 way competition at that.
    Trevor beat out Paxton rather easy last season. Paxton looked terrible when he was in there. Until Paxton comes out and shows something, I'm going to go with the kid who beat him out the previous season and showed he may have a promising future in this league. They weren't even close.

I think there is a better chance Kelly beats out Lynch for the backup spot than there is Lynch beating Siemian for the starting position.

Just curious if anyone knows Siemian's health status for participating in OTAs? Is he a full-go or limited?

Trevor beat out Paxton rather easy last season. Paxton looked terrible when he was in there. Until Paxton comes out and shows something, I'm going to go with the kid who beat him out the previous season and showed he may have a promising future in this league. They weren't even close.

I think there is a better chance Kelly beats out Lynch for the backup spot than there is Lynch beating Siemian for the starting position.
    New coaches, new scheme

Again, Kubiak was married to a scheme. McCoy doesn't seem to have that limitation.

I don't think Kubiak knew how to use Lynch. McCoy might be able to figure it out.

I don't really care which one starts. I'm just not going to assume it will be Siemian.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

Betcha you won't see that on a steelers forum

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Betcha you won't see that on a steelers forum
    How long has Big Ben been in the league?

I'll bite, I'm not really on the fence for anyone in particular, but these comparisons are ludicrous at best... The only two things Seimien and TB12 have in common are late round picks and well that's it.....

Tom Brady plays with Fire and passion, so much so it makes me sick, I hate him to the core, but his team mates love him and play hard for him, much like guys did with Elway. TS is meek. TB12 plays to this day with a boulder on his back, not just a chip on his shoulder. TS just seems happy to be there kind of guy.
    Brady can make every throw, (getting a bit weaker on long balls as he ages, but young Brady could throw any route), TS can check down and throw intermediate inside throws, the rest were iffy at best.
    Brady is deadly accurate and on time, always has been, TS not so much.

I'm not going to continue because there are so many more differences between the two than there are similarities, and I don't want it to sound like I dislike him as our QB. I do not think he is going to be our long term answer. If he is I will be happy that we finally found one to replace a legend, which we were never able to do when Elway had to leave us.

Like I said I do not care who wins the Starting QB job as long as they win games and give us a shot. I will route for any/all Broncos (unless they brought in Vick or Blount), I just think it is far too early for anyone to compare and or project that sort of prediction on TS at this point.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

How long has Big Ben been in the league?
    do you think Ben had a reputation for that in college like Siemian did?

Funny thing is that I wasn't implying anything about Trevor with that comment, despite me agreeing with you in general. I was simply giving freyaka a jokingly hard time by nitpicking the comment, about "every" fan base feeling that way. But, of course, this dude has to take everything not praising Siemian as a slight to Trevor and must come running to his defense on everything, even if a comment has nothing to do with him.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 05-10-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Do you think players learn and evolve? Or Is your first year a reflection of the rest of your career?

I don't see how a first year starter checking down is a bad thing. Not every QB can come out guns a blazin in there first year. It takes time, be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Funny thing is that I wasn't implying anything about Trevor with that comment, despite me agreeing with you in general. I was simply giving freyaka a jokingly hard time by nitpicking the comment, about "every" fan base feeling that way. But, of course, this dude has to take everything not praising Siemian as a slight to Trevor and must come running to his defense on everything, even if a comment has nothing to do with him.
    agreed.

I really can't see any reason for anybody to think any of the QBs is any further ahead of the others. Imo, QB is the most up for grabs position on the team right now.

Do you think players learn and evolve? Or Is your first year a reflection of the rest of your career?

I don't see how a first year starter checking down is a bad thing. Not every QB can come out guns a blazin in there first year. It takes time, be patient.
    I agree with what you say but sometimes habits can not be broken and Siemian has a habit of checking down already. It's one thing for a QB to come who didn't do it in college to come in and play it safe. It's another for a QB with a history of it...so much so that his own team called him "checkdown trevor"...to come in and continue doing it. Many times...that's just who they are as a QB. Also...it's one thing to checkdown to a short pass when needed but on 3rd down and you continually checkdown short of the 1st down marker...I have to question that.

Not saying he won't improve...it's just a red flag and something to consider and watch for going forward.

Now as to your question......Do you think players learn and evolve? Or Is your first year a reflection of the rest of your career?..... your answer for that concerning Lynch appears to be ... No.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-10-2017 at 04:43 PM.