Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    after Siemian wins the starting job this season I wouldn't be surprised if some of the poster make signs for him that read:

#NotMyStarter

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    after Siemian wins the starting job this season I wouldn't be surprised if some of the poster make signs for him that read:

#NotMyStarter
    we very well might see you doing that if Siemian is NOT named the starter....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    we very well might see you doing that if Siemian is NOT named the starter....
    Actually, if Lynch is able to beat Siemian out then he made a huge jump and our QB situation would be looking good.

Actually, if Lynch is able to beat Siemian out then he made a huge jump and our QB situation would be looking good.
    Actually we have 4 QBs that may make naming the Starter very difficult, don't write off Kyle sloter either, that kid has the fire and determination to overcome any and all obstacles in his path to become a legit NFL QB.
    Plus Kelly signed his 4 year contract today. So yeah our QB situation is indeed looking very good for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    New coaches, new scheme

Again, Kubiak was married to a scheme. McCoy doesn't seem to have that limitation.

I don't think Kubiak knew how to use Lynch. McCoy might be able to figure it out.

I don't really care which one starts. I'm just not going to assume it will be Siemian.
    Lynch is the prototype for Kubiaks scheme. Mobile QB with a big arm who is only asked to read half the field because bootlegs are the staple of the offense. The offense looked out of whack last season because we couldn't run our stretch plays so no one respected the bootlegs. If anything McCoy will bring more out of Siemian IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Actually we have 4 QBs that may make naming the Starter very difficult, don't write off Kyle sloter either, that kid has the fire and determination to overcome any and all obstacles in his path to become a legit NFL QB.
    Plus Kelly signed his 4 year contract today. So yeah our QB situation is indeed looking very good for the future.
    Yea, doubt that. Siemian will be the favorite, Lynch a long shot. The other two may not even make the 53 man roster. One won't, the other who knows. Depends on if Lynch can be a dependable backup.

Do you think players learn and evolve? Or Is your first year a reflection of the rest of your career?

I don't see how a first year starter checking down is a bad thing. Not every QB can come out guns a blazin in there first year. It takes time, be patient.
    Love how ironic this comment is.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Love how ironic this comment is.
    Do explain please.

I do think both will improve.

Do explain please.

I do think both will improve.
    sure doesn't sound like it.....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    sure doesn't sound like it.....
    I've stated Lynch will improve, but I don't think it's going to be enough to close the gap Siemian already has on him. Whether people want to admit it or not, Siemian had a substantial gap on him.

If the QB has more freedom at the LOS with McCoy, I think that also benifits Siemian with him having a year under his belt.

I have a good idea. How about a 4th thread to discuss the QB competition?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I have a good idea. How about a 4th thread to discuss the QB competition?

How many quarterback threads do we have to make before we learn a valuable lesson?

One? Two? Three? Four?

No no, hear me out...

Five? Six? Seven?

Can I finish please?!

Eight?

Yea, doubt that. Siemian will be the favorite, Lynch a long shot. The other two may not even make the 53 man roster. One won't, the other who knows. Depends on if Lynch can be a dependable backup.
    Siemian should be the favourite, he started 14 games last year. But he's also got to live up to starting 14 games last year, which means more will be expected of him.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    This should answer your question perfectly.

Stay with me: Need 3 QBs

HOU Brock Osweiler/Tom Savage
    TEN Marcus Mariota (Injured)
    IND Andrew Luck (Injured)

JAX Blake Bortles

PIT Ben Roethlisberger (Injured/Accepted?)
    BAL Joe Flacco
    CIN Andy Dalton (Accepted)
    CLE Jesus Christ (Imagined)

NE Tom Brady (Cheater)
    MIA Ryan Tannehill (Injured)
    BUF Tyrod Taylor (Declined)

NYJ Ryan Fitzpatrick

SD Philip Rivers (Declined)
    OAK Derek Carr (Injured)
    KC Alex Smith (Accepted)

DEN Trevor Siemian

Reviewing this list the NFL had five options other than Broncos' Siemian.

HOU Brock Osweiler/Tom Savage was never an option because one was benched and one had little playing time.

JAX Blake Bortles could have been an option and I wonder what happened?

BAL Joe Flacco see JAX Blake Bortles.

CLE Cody Kessler was never really an option because most of us never knew who Cody Kessler was until reading his name, just now.

NYJ Ryan Fitzpatrick I find it interesting he's unemployed. Don't you?

The point is Trevor Siemian was not selected by his peers, but by a system where a guy calls several girls until one of them agrees to go out with him.
    To be fair, Siemian did get asked before Rivers, and when asked Rivers accepted, no declined. He accepted because he wanted to represent the San Diego Chargers in one more game.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Siemian should be the favourite, he started 14 games last year. But he's also got to live up to starting 14 games last year, which means more will be expected of him.

I tend to look at the quality of those 14 starts though. IMO they are not as impressive as some would like to think. For every 10 minute highlight reel posted you could just as easily find 10 mins of poor play. His accomplishments are getting overblown. He may have been the best Bronco QB by default last year but overall he was a mediocre QB at best among his peers.

While I agree that Seimian should be the assumed starter as of today, I disagree that the gap is insurmountable. He has his strengths and weaknesses as do all players.

IMO there is just as much an opportunity for Lynch to earn the job as for Seimian to keep it. Much will depend on the system and who can make plays.

Does not matter how many threads are created, the answer will always be the same. There is a QB competition in Denver. May the best man win!