Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    It's curious to me why Elway drafts guys with character issues, but he won't touch many (if any) FAs, who have the same character concerns
    And, wasn't it reported that we tried to move up to take Joe Mixon? Frankly, I don't see a big difference.

    Maybe we can't afford the guy. But you can bet that New England or Oakland can.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,912
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    And, wasn't it reported that we tried to move up to take Joe Mixon? Frankly, I don't see a big difference.

    Maybe we can't afford the guy. But you can bet that New England or Oakland can.
    The report is Elway considered moving up for Dalvin Cook and the Broncos decided to remove Mixon from their draft board.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    58
    Signing Daryl Washington would be the biggest upgrade we could make to our defense this off-season if he was even close to the player he was prior to being suspended. I was very glad that we didn't use a draft pick on an inside linebacker as the class outside of Reuben Foster was weak however it is a huge need for this team. Washington has stayed out of trouble since 2013 as far as I know and would be worth the risk in my opinion. We have a strong defensive locker room with good leadership so I don't see any potential concerns with making this move. Odds are he would be pretty cheap as well as he is 30 and hasn't played in a number of years. Make it happen John Elway.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    He hasn't played a game since December 29th, 2013. That's a long time out of football. I don't care what kind of shape he's stayed in, being away from the speed and techniques of the game 3.75 years will hurt you. He's not going to be the 2013 version that people want, he's a guy who has been away from the game completely for too long.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He hasn't played a game since December 29th, 2013. That's a long time out of football. I don't care what kind of shape he's stayed in, being away from the speed and techniques of the game 3.75 years will hurt you. He's not going to be the 2013 version that people want, he's a guy who has been away from the game completely for too long.
    we could hope that his football talent and instincts come in to play. I understand what you are saying but I still think hes worth look.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    759
    Man oh man!! Darryl Washington was a top 5 ILB when he was playing. Maybe even a top 3. Now it seems like it's been forever since he's played in a game so when I first heard of him being released I didn't really think too much about it. Then I seen he is only 30 years old. Let me tell you. He could be EXACTLY what this defense needed. Now I wanted us to draft Foster and Cunningham in the first round but the impact Washington would have on our defense would be huge. I live in Arizona so I have seen a ton of Washington. But man this dude is a monster. All of the cardinals fans down here can not believe he got released as they were so excited to have him
    Back. This would be a low risk Huge reward signing. Without a doubt the Pats will be interested. Hopefully we are too.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,341
    I dont think anybody expects him to be what he was I think the mindset is that he cant be any worst than what we had last year. Can he be better than Todd Davis and Cory nelson? Our 3 biggest weaknesses against the run last year were sly Williams Todd Davis and th ward missing tackles in that order. Now I understand th gets the benefit of the doubt based on what we have seen him done and that he could have been trying to cleanup another players mess. But we made a lateral move with a NT who career is trending downward and then did nothing at linebacker despite Marshall coming off an injury riddled season. I cant speak for everyone but for myself in desperate to see some change to the point in willing to see them bring in a guy coming off a 3 year suspension lol.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    25,456
    What exactly does DEN have to lose with this move? That run defense last year helped contribute to them not making the playoffs, so an upgrade is an upgrade
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    What exactly does DEN have to lose with this move? That run defense last year helped contribute to them not making the playoffs, so an upgrade is an upgrade
    Depending on his asking price, they might have too much money to lose.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Depending on his asking price, they might have too much money to lose.
    He will be cheap hehasn't played in 3 years. There is Nothing to lose but everything to gain.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    What exactly does DEN have to lose with this move? That run defense last year helped contribute to them not making the playoffs, so an upgrade is an upgrade
    I've been on the need a new linebacker for Davis train since last November. But adding a 30 year old who hasn't been in the league for 3 years isn't necessarily an upgrade. Not to mention that he's been suspended under the substance abuse policy for more than 3 years and is one positive test away from never playing again.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I've been on the need a new linebacker for Davis train since last November. But adding a 30 year old who hasn't been in the league for 3 years isn't necessarily an upgrade. Not to mention that he's been suspended under the substance abuse policy for more than 3 years and is one positive test away from never playing again.
    But what harm will bringing him into camp and seeing what he can do hurt? We aren't penciling him in as a starter, just kicking the tires. It would be a desperation move and I'm sure the FO feels like we don't need to add anybody but I think it's a huge hole and we need somebody. If Washington could be 70% of what he was I think he's an upgrade.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    He will be cheap hehasn't played in 3 years. There is Nothing to lose but everything to gain.
    Unless... he costs more than we can/want to spend.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Unless... he costs more than we can/want to spend.
    Ya I guess we don't really know what his price tag is...I read that some people in the FO for the cardinals wanted to keep Washington but they couldn't find a common ground on price with his reps. He might be looking at something higher than what everybody wants to pay except the Jags......
    Defense wins Championships, but Offense helps...

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,452
    I just know he is going to go to the Patriots and kill it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •