Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    The Broncos can do what they want. However, after selling tickets for almost 60 years, IMO, they should give a warning if they are going to change their policy, especially considering that the stadium was largely built with tax payer money.
    What policy did they change? They have always maintained the right to terminate someone's season ticket license. Much like employers can now actively monitor your social media activity and fire you if you are misrepresenting a company. Online ticket sales now give the the Broncos a smoking gun to rid of these people.

NFL ticket exchange is not for offloading all your tickets at a premium. It's meant for the 1 or 2 games you cannot make in a season. The roughly 150 people that lost their tickets were using the Broncos as a source of income not as a source of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Broncos have the right to revoke season tickets at any time for any reason. I get the argument of trying to insure season ticket holders don't resell too many tickets.

An easy remedy would have been the following:

1. Express empathy for the Siegler family for their loss on behalf of the entire Broncos organization.
    2. Reverse the decision for 2017 season.
    3. Reinforce the idea that ticket reselling is discouraged.

If Eric Siegler continues reselling the majority of tickets including 2017 games, simply revoke season tickets next year.

They could have managed the situation with nobody knowing the difference. If other season ticket holders found out the Broncos would be in a strong position to defend their decision.
    So regardless of the family selling their tickets for years this family gets a one year reprieve? Heck no, and the Broncos shouldn't cave to this family for running a smear campaign on the Broncos in the press. They very well knew they hardly ever had intentions of going to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    What policy did they change? They have always maintained the right to terminate someone's season ticket license. Much like employers can now actively monitor your social media activity and fire you if you are misrepresenting a company. Online ticket sales now give the the Broncos a smoking gun to rid of these people.

NFL ticket exchange is not for offloading all your tickets at a premium. It's meant for the 1 or 2 games you cannot make in a season. The roughly 150 people that lost their tickets were using the Broncos as a source of income not as a source of entertainment.
    Seriously? They changed by taking away season tickets from those that sell them, unless you're contending the Broncos have already been doing this for a period of time. I guess you missed my comment about them being able to do what they want. However, I think giving people a warning before changing the rules is the best option. Not only is this the most fair option, it is also the best option from a public relations point of view.

What would it hurt to have sent an email/mail to ticket holders telling them about the change?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Seriously? They changed by taking away season tickets from those that sell them, unless you're contending the Broncos have already been doing this for a period of time. I guess you missed my comment about them being able to do what they want. However, I think giving people a warning before changing the rules is the best option. Not only is this the most fair option, it is also the best option from a public relations point of view.

What would it hurt to have sent an email/mail to ticket holders telling them about the change?
    Its not a policy change in the licensing agreement. The Broncos have always reserved the right to revoke licenses for any reasons. It's in the contract. Giving people a "fair warning" wouldn't have resolved the issue. Which is the people who sell their tickets for income and who never have any plan on attending.

I have 0 sympathy for anyone who had their tickets revoked. Their cash cow is now gone.

Its not a policy change in the licensing agreement. The Broncos have always reserved the right to revoke licenses for any reasons. It's in the contract. Giving people a "fair warning" wouldn't have resolved the issue. Which is the people who sell their tickets for income and who never have any plan on attending.

I have 0 sympathy for anyone who had their tickets revoked. Their cash cow is now gone.
    It IS a change in how they deal with people that bought season tickets, whether you admit it or not. If a behavior is repeated for 57 (or so) years, then most reasonable people would assume that it is OK to do next time.

One more time, I have no issue with the Broncos changing how they deal with people that sell their tickets. I do have a BIG problem with them not being upfront and giving a warning that they are CHANGING how they deal with this issue. My point isn't about them changing, it's about them not giving a warning about the change. And while the "policy" may not have changed, the Broncos actions have.

So regardless of the family selling their tickets for years this family gets a one year reprieve? Heck no, and the Broncos shouldn't cave to this family for running a smear campaign on the Broncos in the press. They very well knew they hardly ever had intentions of going to games.
    I understand what the Broncos are trying to accomplish and support the idea of season ticket holders attending the majority of games. Why allow season ticket holders to submit a dispute to request a change in decision? Despite the ticket holder selling tickets in previous seasons, the fact is that his mother in law had cancer and passed away. There are times to make a point and as well as situations to allow an exception. They revoked 14 accounts from 2015 and 144 in 2016. Revoking one less account wouldn't be the end of the world. As much as the Broncos have the right to revoke the season tickets, they also have the ability to exercise discretion in certain situations.

I had no idea idea there were so many regulations and restrictions on season tickets. If a contract was signed stipulating the rules and they were violated the you can't argue . The first Bronco game I attended we met an older couple on the flight from LA. They said the make about 4 games a year and sale the other 4 . They have been doing that for years according to them. I wonder if this guy has consistently sold his tickets why wait to this point ? And I agree with some of the posters here as there should be a warning to the ticket holders.

As a retired tax accountant, the 1st question that comes to my mind is: How much of that net income did these people ever claim on a Federal 1040 or a Colorado Form 104

I wouldn't be throwing too much of a fit if I was them...they might find someone in the Bronco ticket office has made an anonymous call to the IRS
    Last edited by Dennis.1960; 05-13-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I understand what the Broncos are trying to accomplish and support the idea of season ticket holders attending the majority of games. Why allow season ticket holders to submit a dispute to request a change in decision? Despite the ticket holder selling tickets in previous seasons, the fact is that his mother in law had cancer and passed away. There are times to make a point and as well as situations to allow an exception. They revoked 14 accounts from 2015 and 144 in 2016. Revoking one less account wouldn't be the end of the world. As much as the Broncos have the right to revoke the season tickets, they also have the ability to exercise discretion in certain situations.
    I see what you're saying but making an exception in this case would be ignoring previous behavior. They are the exact people that they were targeting and I applaud them for standing strong here. The story posted in the OP is shameful journalism. Titling a article, "Cancer Stricken Family Opens up about Broncos Revoking Season Tickets" and not telling the actual reason is awful.

This is not a black eye. This is a family that profited off of tickets and now lost that privilege. Now this opens up an opportunity for a committed fan to attend games.
    Last edited by JW7; 05-13-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I see what you're saying but making an exception in this case would be ignoring previous behavior. They are the exact people that they were targeting and I applaud them for standing strong here. The story posted in the OP is shameful journalism. Titling a article, "Cancer Stricken Family Opens up about Broncos Revoking Season Tickets" and not telling the actual reason is awful.

This is not a black eye. This is a family that profited off of tickets and now lost that privilege. Now this opens up an opportunity for a committed fan to attend games.
    Sometimes it's necessary to draw the line in order to change the behavior of people reselling tickets.

Fact is, a lot of people got their tickets back through appeal process, including some on this board. For the Broncos to uphold their decision should tell you something. Especially when these people ran to the press after the Broncos conducted their appeal process.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Whats crazy is the games that I went to I purchased the tickets of stub hub I believe . I paid almost 100$ more then the actual price on the ticket .

If you give a warning, the sellers find a way to sell their tickets still, while sidestepping the trackable market... Tickets will be sold on ebay, printed off and shipped, all the while never appearing to be transferred in any way shape or form on the ticketmaster side of things... A warning would have done absolutely no good in accomplishing the goal of the organization.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    If you give a warning, the sellers find a way to sell their tickets still, while sidestepping the trackable market... Tickets will be sold on ebay, printed off and shipped, all the while never appearing to be transferred in any way shape or form on the ticketmaster side of things... A warning would have done absolutely no good in accomplishing the goal of the organization.
    The people who buy the season tickets from the 144 booted accounts can turnaround and sell the tickets again. The only way to prevent most of this from happening is to use facial/retina/fingerprint identification matched to the tickets (which would be a bit creepy, but things are headed in that direction in the world).

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    As a retired tax accountant, the 1st question that comes to my mind is: How much of that net income did these people ever claim on a Federal 1040 or a Colorado Form 104

I wouldn't be throwing too much of a fit if I was them...they might find someone in the Bronco ticket office has made an anonymous call to the IRS

Must spread Cp to give you more..... hahaha
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.