Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    If someone has season tickets are the home playoff games included or do they have to pay extra ?
    You get the first chance to buy them. If you pass, I believe they are then sold through the teams website. This is why I have little sympathy for this family having their tickets revoked. They purchased three playoff games all for resale.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    extra, but you get first dibs on them, I believe
    Thank you sir 🖒

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    You get the first chance to buy them. If you pass, I believe they are then sold through the teams website. This is why I have little sympathy for this family having their tickets revoked. They purchased three playoff games all for resale.
    Thank you. Yes at first I couldn't believe what I read but after hearing the whole story and insight from some of you about how season tickets work I have a different mind set . I would love to have season tickets but I don't live in Colorado.

I'm glad to see that after all the facts came out, sentiment turned against the Sieglers. Their attempt to make the team look bad failed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    I'm glad to see that after all the facts came out, sentiment turned against the Sieglers. Their attempt to make the team look bad failed.
    And shame on the media for so poorly framing the story to attempt to smear the Broncos FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And shame on the media for so poorly framing the story to attempt to smear the Broncos FO.
    Yeah, that was just pure laziness on their part. No real attempt to dig a little deeper to even see if there was any plausibility to the team's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yeah, that was just pure laziness on their part. No real attempt to dig a little deeper to even see if there was any plausibility to the team's position.
    You give the media more credit then I do by calling them lazy.

They likely knew or at least suspected the full story and made a decision to write an article with a pre-determined social statement. Not just the author of the article but the editor that oversees the facts and tone of the story.

Too bad the damage is done to the Broncos brand. This story went national. It effects the image and reputation. Yet few that saw the original article will ever see the complete story to form their own judgement.

The only message that will be remembered by most is how horrible the Broncos organization was to take tickets from a family battling cancer.

Lazy and unprofessional is the nicest thing I can say about the original reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

They likely knew or at least suspected the full story and made a decision to write an article with a pre-determined social statement. Not just the author of the article but the editor that oversees the facts and tone of the story.

Too bad the damage is done to the Broncos brand. This story went national. It effects the image and reputation. Yet few that saw the original article will ever see the complete story to form their own judgement.

The only message that will be remembered by most is how horrible the Broncos organization was to take tickets from a family battling cancer.

Lazy and unprofessional is the nicest thing I can say about the original reporting.
    Perhaps, but without knowledge of intent it's hard for me to make the leap that it was intentional though the possibility may exist. At the very least, I see a a reporter who might have believed there was a juicy story and allow himself to be caught up in the potential scandal he lost objectivity and news agency that did not do due diligence and just ran with it.

I hope it is only laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

This sort of thing is common in the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    This sort of thing is common in the mainstream media.
    You are exactly 100% correct .

Great thread read! Very informative.

I agree with those who believe the Broncos did the right thing.

If I lived in Denver and I was on a list anxiously awaiting season tickets I would be frustrated with those who use their tickets as a way to make money. Obviously missing a couple games a season is understandable but, I believe this family did use their tickets as a source of revenue. I believe this family felt by going to the media they would garner sympathy and force the Broncos organization to back down. You can see from this thread the sympathy card did play with some but, call me heartless it didn't with me. Knowing the facts can do wonders for ones perspective.