Is Someone Trying To Tell Me Somethng??!!!

It is unusual for my Doctor to call, but he did yesterday to confirm that some initial tests are good. But then he asked, "are you looking for a new doctor?" I thought, is he accusing me of doctor cheating??? But I said no, and then he explained how he is retiring next year and that I was probably not yet notified due to my age group. I told him he is too young to retire, and then thought, "oh no, gotta find a doctor again, which is hard to do, plus I am not comfortable with just anyone poking around my carcass!"

Now there is a theme here. In the last 5 years or so I have had to change my "barber" 4 times! One left when she got pregnant, another left just after my first cut, another wasn't working out for me for scheduling purposes and then another suddenly left to work at another shop....far away. Is it me????

I do not like change. I admit it. I do not like the sound of "you have to go elsewhere, or we don't make that meal anymore, or the place is shut down for repairs."

My all time favourite sandwich at a local restaurant disappeared. My all time favourite shampoo was discontinued. A type of blue jean I loved is no longer available. Lots of tv shows I really liked did not pass the grade. And just the other day a tree company we use from time to time no longer offers the service we enjoyed. I can give you plenty more! (now I am officially whining!!)

OK....these things are not life threatening. They are mostly inconveniences. And for the sake of this forum, this is not about really important matters. But admit it, when your fav this or that suddenly disappears, it does not feel quite right. But cmon, if I have to find yet another hair person, or dentist or whatever, I am going to start getting a bit ticked!!

Having said this...I sure hope they discontinue a certain colonoscopy drink, colyte, which is disgusting stuff, before my next procedure!!!! (Please, please, please)

What say you?

Last edited by CanDB; 05-13-2017 at 10:15 AM.

How ironic.....not one response. Hmmmmm....that tells me something.

My primary care doctor is retiring at the end of next month. My wife and I must find a new one. He is the fifth doctor in a line that handed me off over the past thirty-five years or so. It's sad because our most recent one has been such a great doctor. He found me help in 2013 when I was sick and "circling the drain".
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I guess the one constant, is change. The universe is subject to entropy, and with chaos theory run amuck in the human brain…so must we change with it.

Every once in a great while, something magical happens…and a change gets pulled back (sometimes years later). When I was a little kid, my favorite Mexican food was at a place called Naugles. Just fast food, but man was it ever tasty. Then one dark and dreary day, Del Taco (a large fast food company for those not in their market) bought them out, and poof – Naugles was no more. Until recently, when someone came along and rebirthed Naugles (with the same recipes we were told). 20 years I had to wait…but there it was, that same awesome food.

I always like to think that there’s a silver lining to every change. But in truth, change can be challenging…especially when you lose something meaningful.

Sorry to hear of so much change, my friend – but I am glad to hear that the doc gave you a clean bill of health.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    My primary care doctor is retiring at the end of next month. My wife and I must find a new one. He is the fifth doctor in a line that handed me off over the past thirty-five years or so. It's sad because our most recent one has been such a great doctor. He found me help in 2013 when I was sick and "circling the drain".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    I guess the one constant, is change. The universe is subject to entropy, and with chaos theory run amuck in the human brain…so must we change with it.

Every once in a great while, something magical happens…and a change gets pulled back (sometimes years later). When I was a little kid, my favorite Mexican food was at a place called Naugles. Just fast food, but man was it ever tasty. Then one dark and dreary day, Del Taco (a large fast food company for those not in their market) bought them out, and poof – Naugles was no more. Until recently, when someone came along and rebirthed Naugles (with the same recipes we were told). 20 years I had to wait…but there it was, that same awesome food.

I always like to think that there’s a silver lining to every change. But in truth, change can be challenging…especially when you lose something meaningful.

Sorry to hear of so much change, my friend – but I am glad to hear that the doc gave you a clean bill of health.
    Thank You Thank You Thank You....

Some dialogue with dudes I enjoy interacting with!!!

And Yes Sam, my search for a new doctor begins as we speak. Hard to find one in these parts. Speaking of parts....once you get used a specific person checking you over, it's not my cup of tea finding someone new to "probe", if you get my drift.