Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
    He will have to step up his game to make the team.

WR 1- DT
    WR2 - Sanders

Slot/WR3/WR4- Henderson or Mackenzie

5th receiver- Brown, Fowler, Taylor, Latimer battling for one or two spots if we keep 6 receivers.
    I disagree. Not that he needs to improve. He definitely should. But, it's the others that have to step up their game to overtake him. I agree that Carlos is going to probably solidify himself as the number 3, I believe. But, 4 or 5 will most likely go to Taylor, unless one or possibly two others drastically improve to beat him.

I think the most likely scenario is Jordan Taylor being the #3 WR, but with a bigger role playing outside and Sanders playing more slot receiver. It's not a given that Carlos Henderson is ready to transition from Louisiana Tech to Mike McCoy's offense and be an impact player from day one. Taylor is the more polished veteran and it will probably show during camp.

Even though McCoy was already in San Diego, the Broncos offense exploded in 2013 with Adam Gase and I expect McCoy to try to put that style of offense on the field. What that offense had was receivers with size: DT, Decker, Julius Thomas. Peyton just had to put the ball in the area and they would go get it, especially in the scoring area. Welker was the small, quick guy in the slot.

The Chargers and Philip Rivers like tall WRs and McCoy will probably be influenced by that as well. Keenan Allen is a 6'2" possession receiver. Tyrell Williams is 6'3 1/2", Dontrelle Inman is 6'3". I expect McCoy to take advantage of Taylor's height, maybe make him run some plays previously designed for Eric Decker.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

He can be a very effective weapon
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by JED Bronco View Post
    I know he is not Decker, who I miss a lot, but Mike McCoy Had DT and ED. JT is like Decker in the hands department. I wouldn't mind Sanders taking the slot and rotating the other WR's into the mix across from DT, with JT being the main guy in.
    I like this idea!

I'm surprised how many people like JT.

He just needs more opportunities, I'd like to see how he plays in the pre-season! You know he is going to try to show something to with the #3 or #4 WR spot.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    JT's 2016 highlights:

https://youtu.be/RMV1CpeI0To

Taylor had limited opportunities but I like what he brings. He got a lot of reps with Peyton in 2015 - apparently Peyton coached him up on running routes. Seems like Taylor's competition would be Marlon Brown altough injuries have been a challenge.

Hope he lands a roster spot.
    This guys seems to have done everything right, high points the catch, secures the ball, on broken plays runs with the QB, sacrifices himself for the catch. What else does he need to do? If he had all the opportunities DT had, we wouldn't have so many drops and quarters where DT disappears.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think the most likely scenario is Jordan Taylor being the #3 WR, but with a bigger role playing outside and Sanders playing more slot receiver. It's not a given that Carlos Henderson is ready to transition from Louisiana Tech to Mike McCoy's offense and be an impact player from day one. Taylor is the more polished veteran and it will probably show during camp.

Even though McCoy was already in San Diego, the Broncos offense exploded in 2013 with Adam Gase and I expect McCoy to try to put that style of offense on the field. What that offense had was receivers with size: DT, Decker, Julius Thomas. Peyton just had to put the ball in the area and they would go get it, especially in the scoring area. Welker was the small, quick guy in the slot.

The Chargers and Philip Rivers like tall WRs and McCoy will probably be influenced by that as well. Keenan Allen is a 6'2" possession receiver. Tyrell Williams is 6'3 1/2", Dontrelle Inman is 6'3". I expect McCoy to take advantage of Taylor's height, maybe make him run some plays previously designed for Eric Decker.
    Totally agree, especially in the red zone. The danger of more than one huge target for those hi to the back of the end zone passes has been sorely missed.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    This guys seems to have done everything right, high points the catch, secures the ball, on broken plays runs with the QB, sacrifices himself for the catch. What else does he need to do? If he had all the opportunities DT had, we wouldn't have so many drops and quarters where DT disappears.
    Agree. He needs to continue progress with a strong camp. With new coaches he'll have to earn the roster spot (which I think he can do).

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Well, besides Taylor they have Marlon Brown and recently signed a 6'4" UDFA WR and a 6'9" FA TE to go with the 6'5" one they just drafted.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, besides Taylor they have Marlon Brown and recently signed a 6'4" UDFA WR and a 6'9" FA TE to go with the 6'5" one they just drafted.
    Its crazy we have 9 TEs on the roster, with that many one or two of them should work out right!
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Its crazy we have 9 TEs on the roster, with that many one or two of them should work out right!
    I'm looking at the roster and I only see eight TEs: Butt, Derby, Green, Heuerman, Krieger-Coble, Lang, Scheu and Traylor.

It seems Cedrick Lang, the 6'9" TE has been given #70 and been given reps at LT.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ckle/437578374

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    It seems Cedrick Lang, the 6'9" TE has been given #70 and been given reps at LT.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...ckle/437578374
    That's interesting. Thanks for posting that. Denver has Lang listed as 6'9", but NFL Draft Scout had him at 6'7" last year. Maybe he grew a couple of inches.

That's interesting. Thanks for posting that. Denver has Lang listed as 6'9", but NFL Draft Scout had him at 6'7" last year. Maybe he grew a couple of inches.
    Hope he added some pounds with that height. Listed at 260lbs?

Some have cited concern with Bolles trying to break 300lbs, Now this? Long term project at LT if this is truly Lang's position.

I think once our OLine improves, Sunshine will be one of the biggest contributors on Offense...aside from DT and ES.
    New England Patriots GM

I'd hate to say it, but Jordan Taylor would be better off being cut (for his own sake). The kid is a TOTAL stud and would be a #2 receiver somewhere if he was cut. He is an outside guy, and if Sanders was willing to play slot, he probably would have been moved there. He is being wasted on the Broncos squad, unfortunately. It makes me sad, as I love the way the kid plays.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16