Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Franklin at RG would be awesome. He got owned by speed rushers in the super bowl, so I don't want to see him at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Franklin at RG would be awesome. He got owned by speed rushers in the super bowl, so I don't want to see him at RT.
    That's kinda where I am at...He got beat like a drum in the SB. Wouldn't mind him at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Put me on the Franklin train. As others have said, cutting Stephenson would create enough space to cut him a deal. I only wonder how many other teams are in need of a starting guard or tackle. If a bidding war started, we have some flexibility but not a lot. I would think we have some positives, he knows the team and knows McCoy very well. What was his salary supposed to be this year?
    His cap number per over the cap for this season was $7.6M

He might be worth bringing in, just to add to the mix of players competing to start at RG. Even if he didn't win a starting job, he'd be a more than solid backup to Leary at LG/Watson at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    He might be worth bringing in, just to add to the mix of players competing to start at RG. Even if he didn't win a starting job, he'd be a more than solid backup to Leary at LG/Watson at RT.
    I guess the big question mark would be "how much" Yes you are right, he'd be a solid backup, but if he costs starter money, you don't pay that for a backup.

Never mind. At this point in his career, he's just a pretty name. Per PFF, Orlando Franklin allowed more qb hurries and qb hits than all but 4 guards last year.

Please Sign Him!!! He's my all time fave Bronco offensive lineman. Big. Nasty. And I love when they show his face on TV...he's got that half crosseyed thing going on that makes him look completely crazy!

I hated seeing Elway cut him loose in the first place - though I understand why it happened. This is a great opportunity to undo that mistake
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Bring him home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Please Sign Him!!! He's my all time fave Bronco offensive lineman. Big. Nasty. And I love when they show his face on TV...he's got that half crosseyed thing going on that makes him look completely crazy!

I hated seeing Elway cut him loose in the first place - though I understand why it happened. This is a great opportunity to undo that mistake
    He always made me think of Mongo from Blazing Saddles or Shrek or something. He had that "I'm a big Ogre" look going on.

At first I was like lets bring em back, but then I remembered, didn't Orlando Franklin allow more QB hurries and hits than all but 4 other guards. Plus all the injuries he's suffered the last couple seasons.
    There's a good reason the Chargers released him guys and we're supposed to be upgrading our offensive line not weaken it.

I'll pass.

The chargers cut him...he was that bad.... loved the guy but...no thank you
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The chargers cut him...he was that bad.... loved the guy but...no thank you
    Question would be how much of that decision was based on financial reasons over performance.

Guessing McCoy would have a great idea of his potential contributions on the field. And Elway a decent idea of his intangibles, character and contract issues. They both have experienc with him.

It would be interesting to see how excited they may or may not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He always made me think of Mongo from Blazing Saddles or Shrek or something. He had that "I'm a big Ogre" look going on.
    He is truly a very scary looking man. Too bad they don't make clear facemasks. Guys would be afraid to engage with him.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I would really like to see Franklin back with the Broncos. He would be an upgrade at RG, especially in the running game, and can be an emergency RT, another issue for this team.

I don't care about his PFF grade, the Broncos o-line was better when Franklin was a part of it. He can move people. The Chargers cut him because, besides the salary, they drafted brand new guards in rounds 2 and 3; we don't have such luxury. The Chargers also "cut" Mike McCoy and we welcomed him back with open arms.

Go to the 0:25 mark and watch how Franklin leads Moreno down the field and allows him to score that touchdown run. I haven't seen that kind of run blocking from the current linemen on the roster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I would really like to see Franklin back with the Broncos. He would be an upgrade at RG, especially in the running game, and can be an emergency RT, another issue for this team.

I don't care about his PFF grade, the Broncos o-line was better when Franklin was a part of it. He can move people. The Chargers cut him because, besides the salary, they drafted brand new guards in rounds 2 and 3; we don't have such luxury. The Chargers also "cut" Mike McCoy and we welcomed him back with open arms.

Go to the 0:25 mark and watch how Franklin leads Moreno down the field and allows him to score that touchdown run. I haven't seen that kind of run blocking from the current linemen on the roster.
    Imagine the road hogs we would let loose with a healthy Franklin and Bolles on the field. I believe these type of dudes will enhance the run game and wear down defenders over 60 minutes..