Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Lynch's Chances

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Sorry. 3600 yards 23:4 ratio wasn't all the Oline. Dak played very well regardless....give credit where it is due...

Dak was the QB to get in that draft. Some of us knew it......
    My point was that Dak was blessed to play behind a line that is top notch. When the line dominates the majority of the time it helps the run game ,which in return helps the pass game . I'm not saying Dak sucks , I'm just saying that the Dallas line tremendously helps a young qb overcome the speed of the game . And I firmly believe that his game doesn't progress that quickly without a solid line to help him along . Again a weak offensive line and a young qb is not a good combo.

it is what it is....still have no idea why Goff was #1 overall and why Dak wasn't ranked higher. Not my fault they didn't listen to me....nor watch the senior bowl where Dak outplayed carson Wentz....

I've seen you make that comment before on these boards...starting to smell of some snotty sarcastic statement....we all have our preferences in the draft. sometimes they are right, sometimes they aren't. doesn't mean we are smarter than anyone else....
    Well, I have had some sinus issues this year complete with a surplus of snot, but I assure you no sarcasm was in mind.

I liked Dak and thought Denver should get him if they couldn't land Lynch. The QBs in 2016 are all still young so it's too early to rank them. Even at that I was skeptical of Hackenberg, Brissett, Kessler and Cook going well before Prescott. It goes to show the inexact nature of scouting prospects in the draft pool and how the draft itself is influenced by runs on positions and draft day trades.

I do regard you as a smart guy, so your gut feeling seems to have been justified at this point in time. As far as snotty, sarcastic statements are concerned, we all could be more circumspect.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, I have had some sinus issues this year complete with a surplus of snot, but I assure you no sarcasm was in mind.

I liked Dak and thought Denver should get him if they couldn't land Lynch. The QBs in 2016 are all still young so it's too early to rank them. Even at that I was skeptical of Hackenberg, Brissett, Kessler and Cook going well before Prescott. It goes to show the inexact nature of scouting prospects in the draft pool and how the draft itself is influenced by runs on positions and draft day trades.

I do regard you as a smart guy, so your gut feeling seems to have been justified at this point in time. As far as snotty, sarcastic statements are concerned, we all could be more circumspect.
    my apologies

agreed

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

my apologies

agreed
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    In all honesty Seimian exceeded my expectations.

After Elway did everything in his power to bring in a short term starter I was not expecting much from him. After the Sanchez fiasco I was even less enthusiastic about him earning the job as a last resort.

I would have been fine with Lynch being the starter and taking his lumps as a first year starter. But let's be fair. He was drafted as a project. He was given minimal camp and game reps reps as they wasted time on Sanchez.

When he did get playing time I'm pretty sure it was with the same "very poor or injured supporting cast".
    Only with less reps and limited playbook because he was not ready.

No clue why Kubiak insisted on playing Seimian in the Raider game. Speculation is all I have, he really never answered the question of why.

I have confidence that the new coaching staff will have both ready to play, only need to let them compete to establish the pecking order.

My only reason for getting into the conversation is because I simply believe that many are overrating Seimian and underrating Lynch's closing the gap.

Let the best man win!
    Trevor played with a grade 5 shoulder sprain for almost the whole season, I'm going to assume Lynch was pretty healthy.
    I'd have to go back and look but I think Lynch played with a somewhat healthy team. Jano might have been out but CJ was still in there with Lynch. It seemed like midway through the season TEs and RBs started going down. RB position was depleted bad. Had Siemian not missed time and dealt with that injury he probably hits 4,000 yds. That's seems like good production in a run first offense with all the key pieces either playing busted up or not playing at all. I look forwarded to seeing what he can do healthy and with a healthy team, also with what seems like a stacked coaching staff. I'm curious about Lynch as well. If the hype at the end of OTAs is real and can carry over with the pads on we may be in good shape.

Appreciate all the statistical analysis, work supporting arguments and confidence that many of you have in Seimian. Awesome job presenting your opinions. Especially GrizzleyB.

I just simply do not share the same level of enthusiasm for Seimian as many of you.

Looking forward to TC and the coming season to see whiether he or Lynch is able to seperate himself and lead the team to some wins.

IMO Lynch is improving and will at the very least make it a tough decision naming the starter.

Fine with those that disagree. Prefer the same respect be returned.

Bill Polian says Chad Kelly is more talented than Siemian, Lynch
    by Zack Kelberman
    11 hours ago

Bill Polian knows a thing or two about quarterbacks, and he dropped a doozy of a take on Denver's duo.
    Appearing on NFL Live Wednesday, the former Colts general manager and current ESPN analyst bluntly stated that Broncos rookie seventh-round QB Chad Kelly is more talented than the competitors for their starting gig, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch.
    "But [he] has a lot of growing up to do," Polian cautioned.

An early-round talent based on his tape, Kelly's offseason wrist injury and off-the-field concerns dropped him to the final pick in the draft -- No. 253 overall. Even then, Broncos general manager John Elway pulled the trigger on Kelly only after receiving assurances from his uncle, Hall-of-Famer Jim Kelly.
    The Ole Miss product is the antithesis of Siemian, who's regarded as a game manager in the mold of Alex Smith. Polian made this point to further his declaration about Kelly.
    "Vance Joseph is a defensive coach. What do you want the quarterback to do?" Polian rhetorically asked, suggesting Joseph prefers the safe option under center. "What's the strongest part of their team?"

You can check out his segment in the video embedded below.
    Just rewatched NFL Live and caught this gem: per analysts: the most talented QB in Denver isn't Lynch or Siemian. Watch this👇 pic.twitter.com/YmufgXUbmt
    ó Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) July 20, 2017

What's next for the Denver Broncos? Donít miss out on any news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Broncos newsletter!
    You won't find many people who'd argue that Kelly is a superior athlete to Siemian. But to say he's already better than Lynch, the team's hand-picked former first-rounder, is a bit of a stretch.
    Fact of the matter is, Denver's brain trust remains high on Lynch's upside, big arm and sneaky athleticism. So much so that they overhauled their coaching staff (new OC Mike McCoy) and offensive roster (third-round WR Carlos Henderson) in order to better suit Lynch.

There's also the matter of Kelly's 2017 status.
    While his wrist is fully healed, there have been rumblings the Broncos may shelve Kelly on injured reserve in what'd amount to a "redshirt" year. It'd make a large amount of sense; let him sit back and absorb the nuances of the professional ranks before throwing him into the fire -- ala Siemian in 2016.
    Regardless, based on the mindset of NFL evaluators and the views of yours truly, Kelly appears poised to become the most relevant Mr. Irrelevant in league history.

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Bill Polian says Chad Kelly is more talented than Siemian, Lynch
    by Zack Kelberman
    11 hours ago

Bill Polian knows a thing or two about quarterbacks, and he dropped a doozy of a take on Denver's duo.
    Appearing on NFL Live Wednesday, the former Colts general manager and current ESPN analyst bluntly stated that Broncos rookie seventh-round QB Chad Kelly is more talented than the competitors for their starting gig, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch.
    "But [he] has a lot of growing up to do," Polian cautioned.

An early-round talent based on his tape, Kelly's offseason wrist injury and off-the-field concerns dropped him to the final pick in the draft -- No. 253 overall. Even then, Broncos general manager John Elway pulled the trigger on Kelly only after receiving assurances from his uncle, Hall-of-Famer Jim Kelly.
    The Ole Miss product is the antithesis of Siemian, who's regarded as a game manager in the mold of Alex Smith. Polian made this point to further his declaration about Kelly.
    "Vance Joseph is a defensive coach. What do you want the quarterback to do?" Polian rhetorically asked, suggesting Joseph prefers the safe option under center. "What's the strongest part of their team?"

You can check out his segment in the video embedded below.
    Just rewatched NFL Live and caught this gem: per analysts: the most talented QB in Denver isn't Lynch or Siemian. Watch this�� pic.twitter.com/YmufgXUbmt
    — Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) July 20, 2017

What's next for the Denver Broncos? Don’t miss out on any news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Broncos newsletter!
    You won't find many people who'd argue that Kelly is a superior athlete to Siemian. But to say he's already better than Lynch, the team's hand-picked former first-rounder, is a bit of a stretch.
    Fact of the matter is, Denver's brain trust remains high on Lynch's upside, big arm and sneaky athleticism. So much so that they overhauled their coaching staff (new OC Mike McCoy) and offensive roster (third-round WR Carlos Henderson) in order to better suit Lynch.

There's also the matter of Kelly's 2017 status.
    While his wrist is fully healed, there have been rumblings the Broncos may shelve Kelly on injured reserve in what'd amount to a "redshirt" year. It'd make a large amount of sense; let him sit back and absorb the nuances of the professional ranks before throwing him into the fire -- ala Siemian in 2016.
    Regardless, based on the mindset of NFL evaluators and the views of yours truly, Kelly appears poised to become the most relevant Mr. Irrelevant in league history.
    I think most people believe that. The biggest question is when he's fully healthy, can he put it all together and be the guy for us? If he stormed through camp next season and put a choke hold on the job, I don't think anyone would be surprised.
    #swapping

Chad Kelly was rehabbing his knee injury when he ruptured a ligament in the wrist of his throwing arm at his pro day. He's been pretty banged up during the past year or so. One injury that can end a QB's career is anything on the throwing arm. Word is Chad is ready to start throwing, but it seems likely to be a slow process. There are pins in his wrist. He is less than a year away from the second ACL repair on his right knee. IMO a year on IR would give his body a chance to completely heal. If he is as good as some scouts think, he is an asset who needs to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I think most people believe that. The biggest question is when he's fully healthy, can he put it all together and be the guy for us? If he stormed through camp next season and put a choke hold on the job, I don't think anyone would be surprised.
    Chad is immensely talented but so are Siemian and Lynch in their own way. Bill polisn may also be biased given that he was the Bills GM while Jim Kelly was there

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Next year's QB competition, assuming there is one, could be nuts. Three young, talented guys duking it out.
    Last edited by gerontion; Today at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Chad is immensely talented but so are Siemian and Lynch in their own way. Bill polisn may also be biased given that he was the Bills GM while Jim Kelly was there
    He also may know about Chad than the average evaluator...not sure but it's possible with his relationship with Jim.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I am very intrigued about Chad Machine Gun Kelly. The next few years are going to be very interesting. Denver is in good shape moving forward in the QB Department.

I'll be honest, I never thought my thread would last this long.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    I'll be honest, I never thought my thread would last this long.
    Lynch beat Chad with a lesser team. Why are they so quick to say Chad is more "talented"? I'd say it's a close call