Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynch's Chances

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post

trevor reminds me of kyle orton, more then manning or Elway

and sadly that's probably his ceiling...average starter, great backup
    You were able to determine his ceiling based on him playing not even a full season with a signicant injury?
    These NFL teams best get you in their facility for your amazing scouting abilities.

I've always wondered, at what age will Brady go downhill? Also, what is Garrapollos future? I know he's only played a few games but you've got to know that too? Is Glennon a future GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    You were able to determine his ceiling based on him playing not even a full season with a signicant injury?
    These NFL teams best get you in their facility for your amazing scouting abilities.

I've always wondered, at what age will Brady go downhill? Also, what is Garrapollos future? I know he's only played a few games but you've got to know that too? Is Glennon a future GOAT?
    Pretending to know the future of Trevor is only okay if you're the one doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Pretending to know the future of Trevor is only okay if you're the one doing so?
    what ksu said......

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I'm predicting he starts next season, that's the immediate future, not the next 10+ years, LOL, big difference. I think I've also posted Trevor has showed potential to be great. I don't know if he'll be a career backup or franchise QB. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    I think it's going to be very difficult for VJ to announce the starting QB this year, as it appears both are doing well thus far.
    Then next year when Swag Kelly gets in the mix, possibly even this year, we will then have a 3 way race for the starting QB position, VJ will need to have his head on a swivel to watch all 3 going at it. lol
    Then we have to come to the realization that one of those 3 QBs will end up trade bait next year would be my guess, as I just can't see having 3 QBs on our 53 roster, as if you put Kelly on the PS for sure we will get snatched up.
    Sure am glad it's not me who will have to make that decision, and Elway probably is not looking forward to having make that decision also.
    Could you imagine trading away one of your QBs only to see them thrive on another team. O the pain it would bring. Haha
    I am thinking Kelly can be put on IR for the year. Significant knee injury, sports hernia and wrist still in a cast. What is the rush?

Let the body rest and adjust mentally to being a pro. Then he comes in next year ready to compete.

Broncos already have a two man competition. Let them have at it. Not the popular opinion but I have been happy to hear that apparently the gap has narrowed.

Reportedly Lynch has been the QB moving the ball and challenging the defense of the two. He has the attitude while Siemian continues to excel at throwing the safe under routes accurately. But has not been moving the team consistently.

I prefer Lynch over another season of underwhelmingly leading the league in 3 and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I am thinking Kelly can be put on IR for the year. Significant knee injury, sports hernia and wrist still in a cast. What is the rush?

Let the body rest and adjust mentally to being a pro. Then he comes in next year ready to compete.

Broncos already have a two man competition. Let them have at it. Not the popular opinion but I have been happy to hear that apparently the gap has narrowed.

Reportedly Lynch has been the QB moving the ball and challenging the defense of the two. He has the attitude while Siemian continues to excel at throwing the safe under routes accurately. But has not been moving the team consistently.

I prefer Lynch over another season of underwhelmingly leading the league in 3 and outs.
    I don't see Kelly having much of a shot at anything this season. He likely won't be cleared for full practice and workouts until the beginning of the season or, at best IMO, well within TC. That's a lot of missed time to get the body back in game shape.

I'm predicting he starts next season, that's the immediate future, not the next 10+ years, LOL, big difference. I think I've also posted Trevor has showed potential to be great. I don't know if he'll be a career backup or franchise QB. We shall see.
    That's not the only thing you've said about him in the past. Maybe you're changing your tone on him now?

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

In my second paragraph I said Kelly would be in the mix NEXT YEAR.
    I'm not in a rush but am excited to see what he may be able to bring to the table NEXT YEAR. Haha

Yes I do also think Kelly at a minimum will start out on the PUP list and depending on how the season goes with injuries, Kelly MAY become the back up to either Pax or Trev.

I also think if Trev does not throw down field more, he may find himself as the backup, listening to what VJ has said, he wants the O to be aggressive and throwing short of the sticks like he did last year (Trev) won't earn him the starting gig.
    However even though Pax likes to throw down field more so than Trev, he has to be accurate by doing so or it's all for naught.
    I'm just ready for TC and preseason to start, I hate this time of the year in the offseason doldrums.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    In my second paragraph I said Kelly would be in the mix NEXT YEAR.
    I'm not in a rush but am excited to see what he may be able to bring to the table NEXT YEAR. Haha

Yes I do also think Kelly at a minimum will start out on the PUP list and depending on how the season goes with injuries, Kelly MAY become the back up to either Pax or Trev.

I also think if Trev does not throw down field more, he may find himself as the backup, listening to what VJ has said, he wants the O to be aggressive and throwing short of the sticks like he did last year (Trev) won't earn him the starting gig.
    However even though Pax likes to throw down field more so than Trev, he has to be accurate by doing so or it's all for naught.
    I'm just ready for TC and preseason to start, I hate this time of the year in the offseason doldrums.
    Wasn't contradicting you. I st pointing out how Kelly to the IR for the year allows him get healthy.

Isn't this the first year that two players can be brought off IR later in the season if needed?

Both Kelly and Butt seem to be the most logical to take a year off to get healthy at the moment. Hopefully the injuries are minimal. So far only minor injuries reported. "Knock on wood"!

That's not the only thing you've said about him in the past. Maybe you're changing your tone on him now?
    I've always based my opinion on what I saw from the two last season. Trevor would start this season. I don't think I've said he will in fact be our franchise QB, or the he would have a ceiling of backup/mediocre starter.
    I still think Trevor starts, but from what's being said Lynch is coming. We will see what happens in TC. From what I can understand is Lynch making the bigger plays as well as the bigger mistakes. TS is making mistakes but is much from consistent. But we also heard last year that Manning was hitting a bunch of beautiful deep balls in practice, that wasn't really the case in games.

I would tap the brakes on the Lynch hype just a bit and remember that the pads aren't on yet. This QB battle won't be decided in practice, the preseason games are going to be the most important part of this battle. Lynch may look great now completing long passes but if the line doesn't hold up in actual games then those passes could turn into turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I would tap the brakes on the Lynch hype just a bit and remember that the pads aren't on yet. This QB battle won't be decided in practice, the preseason games are going to be the most important part of this battle. Lynch may look great now completing long passes but if the line doesn't hold up in actual games then those passes could turn into turnovers.
    well put. Once the pads come on and the pre-season games start, everything is different. The hits become real, and the pressure is exponentially higher. Which is why it is wise of Joseph to wait until the pre-season games start. As much as it would be a benefit for one QB to develop now with the starters exclusively, VJ knows that there is no way to know who is ahead until actual opponent linebackers start flying towards them.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Oh absolutely. But as you know, football withdraw can be brutal. And have many of us (I included at times) to jump the gun and get excited by the earliest and soonest details that forecast the coming season.

We've got a long way to go..

Totally agree. Simply like the trends that are being reported out of practices and that there is an actual competition between the two.

Maybe I am overly optimistic, But I am expecting oline improvement, more contributions from the rushing game and more creative play calling. all things that help either QB in games.

so did I determine his ceiling officially, was my determination published ?

oh wait...I said, reminds me...and that's probably

in most cases that's called an opinion...and that opinion is shared by many...sure trevor did good considering...but the ceiling is much higher for lynch and that is an opinion shared by many