Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 152
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    st louis missouri
    Posts
    1
    I think we have an excellent chance of going to the super bowl this year. How do we chat more about this?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by denbroncofan88 View Post
    I think we have an excellent chance of going to the super bowl this year. How do we chat more about this?
    A good way to get people to chat about it is state which qb you think will be the one to lead us to the Super Bowl. That seems to really rile some people up

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,367
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    A good way to get people to chat about it is state which qb you think will be the one to lead us to the Super Bowl. That seems to really rile some people up

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    A good way to get people to chat about it is state which qb you think will be the one to lead us to the Super Bowl. That seems to really rile some people up
    Ok I'll bite... swag Kelly takes over after the bye and we go undefeated and win the SB this year.
    How did I do??? Haha

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Ok I'll bite... swag Kelly takes over after the bye and we go undefeated and win the SB this year.
    How did I do??? Haha
    I think we now play the waiting game! Lol

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    We also won a Super Bowl with an absolutely putrid offense. After the SB and before last season we lost some crucial parts to our team in FA and we had to overcome all that and people started righting us off, but with a 7th round 2nd year no name QB Broncos started 4-0.

    This season Denver didn't have that debilitating FA, if anything they have improved the roster
    .
    This is where I differ. We started with 40+ million in cap space, but somehow ended up with a backup RT as our starter, a best case scenario rookie at LT, two non-contributors at the defensive interior, and the rest have red flags at injury histories or are nobodies aside from Leary. This was not good planning in my opinion by the Front office to not be ready for a year with few tackles hitting free agency, driving up their market value exponentially, while also simultaneously having a huge need at left tackle in a draft weak at OT. And on top of that, drafting an OT that may not be day one material but is already 25 years old.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-06-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Ok I'll bite... swag Kelly takes over after the bye and we go undefeated and win the SB this year.
    How did I do??? Haha
    I'll take your Swag Kelly and raise you Kyle Slaughterhouse Sloter!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is where I differ. We started with 40+ million in cap space, but somehow ended up with a backup RT as our starter, a best case scenario rookie at LT, two non-contributors at the defensive interior, and the rest have red flags at injury histories or are nobodies aside from Leary. This was not good planning in my opinion by the Front office to not be ready for a year with few tackles hitting free agency, driving up their market value exponentially, while also simultaneously having a huge need at left tackle in a draft weak at OT. And on top of that, drafting an OT that may not be day one material but is already 25 years old.
    I'll look at it as if the sky isn't falling and I don't hate everything that has to do with life. The offensive line today is exponentially better off than it was after our final game in Week 17. We landed the consensus #1 LT in the draft without moving up. (Literally could not have done any better, got to play the card that are dealt.) How do you know that our DL acquisitions won't contribute at all? It's June 8th...

    What was your "plan"? Give a 5 year 55.5 million dollar deal to Matt Kalil? I'm not sure you watched him in MIN, but he's horrendous. Riley Reiff? Detroit had no replacement for him at the time, let him walk to a division rival, enough said there. So there was very little LT talent in the draft and zero LT talent in FA. What were they suppose to do? Please enlighten me and do not bring up Joe Thomas because the Broncos have "reportedly" tried that trade 100 times and are never willing to pay the price.

    IMO Broncos had two huge concerns coming into the offseason, the offensive line and defensive line/stopping the run. Elway made moves to improve both.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    I'll look at it as if the sky isn't falling and I don't hate everything that has to do with life. The offensive line today is exponentially better off than it was after our final game in Week 17. We landed the consensus #1 LT in the draft without moving up. (Literally could not have done any better, got to play the card that are dealt.) How do you know that our DL acquisitions won't contribute at all? It's June 8th...

    What was your "plan"? Give a 5 year 55.5 million dollar deal to Matt Kalil? I'm not sure you watched him in MIN, but he's horrendous. Riley Reiff? Detroit had no replacement for him at the time, let him walk to a division rival, enough said there. So there was very little LT talent in the draft and zero LT talent in FA. What were they suppose to do? Please enlighten me and do not bring up Joe Thomas because the Broncos have "reportedly" tried that trade 100 times and are never willing to pay the price.

    IMO Broncos had two huge concerns coming into the offseason, the offensive line and defensive line/stopping the run. Elway made moves to improve both.
    Thanks, I'll remember the next time I post if it doesn't match your opinion it'll mean the sky is falling. First of all, to improve this situation you have to draft well at the offensive line. So far, that has not happened with this front office, leading to the issues we have today where we are either forced to settle for the mediocre players on our roster or vastly overpay for other mediocre players. Our roster currently consists primarily of free agents, which last I checked was at 68% of the team - that is not a sustainable model. The bottom line is while defense is great from drafts and less need at free agency, the offense has been abysmal in talent scouting and selection. Secondly, how do you know our line is "exponentially better?" Because the word 'exponentially' indicates that this line is now a top 10, top 15 line. Are you going off of your feelings as evidence? You could argue we drafted for need, and we could have even traded down to acquire him, since aside from Ramcyzk the rest of the NFL was pre-occupied with every other position. And no, the plan isn't ever to over pay, but Wagner was a solid option and he wasn't even on the FO's radar. There were others as well, such as Whitworth, Zeitler, that were all expensive, but really, that's why you have to take advantage when you have a large cap space when the talent is there. You say that Joe Thomas was not an option, yet the Broncos gave an offer to the Browns in 2015, and 2017 offseason to acquire him. What does that tell you of their opinion on the current tackles on our team?

    You sound like I did last off-season, I was very vocal about the o-line only getting better with how poor they played. Yet, they played poorly, and we missed the playoffs, finishing third place. The division has not gotten any weaker, and the schedule has become even harder. We still don't know who our QB is, and whoever does start will be starting with fewer reps and reduced chemistry because of the competition. You can claim Peko and Kerr are amazing mind-blowing acquisitions and hype it all you want, but until I see it I won't believe this team got better at stopping the run. It seems the plan this offseason was to acquire depth and man-power over talent and precision, but in my mind acquiring 10 unknown and unskilled players over 4 quality players at their positions is as much of a risk.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Thanks, I'll remember the next time I post if it doesn't match your opinion it'll mean the sky is falling. First of all, to improve this situation you have to draft well at the offensive line. So far, that has not happened with this front office, leading to the issues we have today where we are either forced to settle for the mediocre players on our roster or vastly overpay for other mediocre players. Our roster currently consists primarily of free agents, which last I checked was at 68% of the team - that is not a sustainable model. The bottom line is while defense is great from drafts and less need at free agency, the offense has been abysmal in talent scouting and selection. Secondly, how do you know our line is "exponentially better?" Because the word 'exponentially' indicates that this line is now a top 10, top 15 line. Are you going off of your feelings as evidence? You could argue we drafted for need, and we could have even traded down to acquire him, since aside from Ramcyzk the rest of the NFL was pre-occupied with every other position. And no, the plan isn't ever to over pay, but Wagner was a solid option and he wasn't even on the FO's radar. There were others as well, such as Whitworth, Zeitler, that were all expensive, but really, that's why you have to take advantage when you have a large cap space when the talent is there. You say that Joe Thomas was not an option, yet the Broncos gave an offer to the Browns in 2015, and 2017 offseason to acquire him. What does that tell you of their opinion on the current tackles on our team?

    You sound like I did last off-season, I was very vocal about the o-line only getting better with how poor they played. Yet, they played poorly, and we missed the playoffs, finishing third place. The division has not gotten any weaker, and the schedule has become even harder. We still don't know who our QB is, and whoever does start will be starting with fewer reps and reduced chemistry because of the competition. You can claim Peko and Kerr are amazing mind-blowing acquisitions and hype it all you want, but until I see it I won't believe this team got better at stopping the run. It seems the plan this offseason was to acquire depth and man-power over talent and precision, but in my mind acquiring 10 unknown and unskilled players over 4 quality players at their positions is as much of a risk.
    You claim you don't have the sky is falling mentality and then you follow that up with the bolded.

    I posted that the Broncos did not have a debilitating offseason the way they did the year before. I claimed the roster is better today than it was at the end of last season. I find it very difficult to believe otherwise. I'm sorry if the team didn't do every single move that you wanted them to.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakka27 View Post
    You claim you don't have the sky is falling mentality and then you follow that up with the bolded.

    I posted that the Broncos did not have a debilitating offseason the way they did the year before. I claimed the roster is better today than it was at the end of last season. I find it very difficult to believe otherwise. I'm sorry if the team didn't do every single move that you wanted them to.
    So your constructed response was to not really give any factual basis to your claim, but to just state I'm a debbie downer. Care to back up your opinion this team got better? Because otherwise your post is just like every offseason post for every sport that says the team got better just because its their favorite team.

    and to clarify, yes I want this team to succeed. This will be the only NFL team I ever root for. But this whole talk of being Superbowl bound fresh off of missing playoffs is like the college student who just graduated with an arts degree in tree sculpting with expectations of having a 7 digit salary and company car - it's not a realistic goal.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-08-2017 at 12:07 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is where I differ. We started with 40+ million in cap space, but somehow ended up with a backup RT as our starter, a best case scenario rookie at LT, two non-contributors at the defensive interior, and the rest have red flags at injury histories or are nobodies aside from Leary. This was not good planning in my opinion by the Front office to not be ready for a year with few tackles hitting free agency, driving up their market value exponentially, while also simultaneously having a huge need at left tackle in a draft weak at OT. And on top of that, drafting an OT that may not be day one material but is already 25 years old.
    McCoy will run an entire different blocking scheme that will probably fit our oline better. Couple that with increased awarness from both QBs and a potential resurged charles (wishful thinking) with a greatly improved special teams (absolutely) we're looking good. Relax with the doom and gloom lol - we'll be vastly fortified.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    So your constructed response was to not really give any factual basis to your claim, but to just state I'm a debbie downer. Care to back up your opinion this team got better? Because otherwise your post is just like every offseason post for every sport that says the team got better just because its their favorite team.

    and to clarify, yes I want this team to succeed. This will be the only NFL team I ever root for. But this whole talk of being Superbowl bound fresh off of missing playoffs is like the college student who just graduated with an arts degree in tree sculpting with expectations of having a 7 digit salary and company car - it's not a realistic goal.
    Disagree. If our the run defense improves, which it's looking like it very well could. And then if our qb play improves, which I don't see how it wouldn't improve at least slightly. And then finally, despite you not thinking so, I think our oline has definitely improved, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if that's true. Those three factors, do not make Super Bowl aspirations unrealistic at all.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,506
    I think with a Rookie HC, New DC, New OC, and a few young QB's, and a unproven Running game, Online, I would be happy with a playoff spot.
    But, I will take another Super Bowl win, no problem.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 06-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    I think with a Rookie HC, New DC, New OC, and a few young QB's, and a unproven Running game, Online, I would be happy with a playoff spot.
    But, I will take another Super Bowl win, no problem.
    Last time we won a super bowl was with a new head coach, a new defensive coordinator and new OC with a terrible qb play. Personally, I'll take our old new OC over our recently old one. Head coach and defensive coordinator are wait to be seen guys.

    I know you're not the one saying it can't happen. Just pointing out that information lol
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 06-08-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •