Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I think we are contending for the Super Bowl this year

A lot of people who like to talk football too much are going to call it "orange glasses",

Still, Denver is a super bowl contending team this year and again a top 5 regular season team.

We have a lot of reasons to be confident in the organization, coaching staff and this now very deep roster.

I think our greatest question mark will be one of our strengths- Trevor did great for us last year, and this year we added some real protection, down field threat and some top notch athleticism in the backfield. It will be very hard for Paxton to exceed Trevor this year, and if he DOES, we might be winning big with a rare athletic talent. If he Pax DOESN'T preform clutch for us, we have plenty of pieces on offense to put something together that will go deep into the playoffs with Trevor- we saw that potential in our QB last year, for sure. McCoy is the best offense coord Denver has had in 15 years?

The offensive roster has a lot of new talent. On defense, we seen to have landed some fresh young talent to backup a proven and well established veteran board.

Super stoked to see how this team preforms this year, as always... there will be big pressure and culture to win.

It's fun to be a fan of such a winning organization.

Denver, It's in the DEFENSE
    Last edited by Zealander; 05-20-2017 at 04:55 PM.

IF the QB play is improved we will contend. That means we have to block, run and catch and whoever the QB is, has to play well. If we fail in one of these things, we are going to have lackluster offensive production. It goes without saying, the defense has to be stellar.

2015 & 2016 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    IF the QB play is improved we will contend. That means we have to block, run and catch and whoever the QB is, has to play well. If we fail in one of these things, we are going to have lackluster offensive production. It goes without saying, the defense has to be stellar.
    For me it's a lot less the QB play than it is the offensive coaching and the offensive line.

And there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic. We have the guy (Musgrave) who spent a few years getting Derek Carr up to speed, and helped turn the Raiders into a contender. And we have a guy with Head Coaching experience who did a pretty impressive job with the likes of Tim Tebow, as Offensive Coordinator (McCoy) for the Broncos. If the offensive line is squared away, we get a running game, and Siemian gets some time to throw, I'm guessing we will be much improved, offensively. AND, here's hoping that the Defense didn't lose any "edge" when Wade Phillips left.

I think it's all up to the lines, both of them. The D-Line needs to be staffed/rotated well and the other two levels will fall into place. The O-Line needs to pass pro/run block well and there is enough talent around them to get the job done. With such a big coaching turnover the O isn't going to be predictable at first so they will have to take advantage of that-we'll see if they can make adjustments after that honeymoon period. I don't see the D coaching dropping off significantly enough to hamstring the unit. I would have liked to keep Phillips, but it's a done deal, time for the younger guys to be creative and effective. I don't know if they'll be a contender for the SB but I am pretty excited about what kind of team they'll field.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    For me it's a lot less the QB play than it is the offensive coaching and the offensive line.

And there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic. We have the guy (Musgrave) who spent a few years getting Derek Carr up to speed, and helped turn the Raiders into a contender. And we have a guy with Head Coaching experience who did a pretty impressive job with the likes of Tim Tebow, as Offensive Coordinator (McCoy) for the Broncos. If the offensive line is squared away, we get a running game, and Siemian gets some time to throw, I'm guessing we will be much improved, offensively. AND, here's hoping that the Defense didn't lose any "edge" when Wade Phillips left.
    To me, they're connected.

A lot of good points brought up in these post. One thing we miss is that often, the team that stays the healthiest during the season moves on into the Play-offs.
    Good luck Broncos and stay healthy.

There are way too many question marks to say we are a good team. We have one of the toughest schedules too.

We will find out what team we are after this season but for now I'd say we are the bottom of it division

Why is nobody talking about having a completely different offensive mind set this season? Mike has had success with so many different types of QBs, He had Manning and Rivers running Mannings O before that he had Tebow whom he had to make a mid-season change too from Kyle Orton who he made look okay a minor miracle He was with Delome in Carolina and ran the West Coast there . I think its the biggest move we made this off season
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Why is nobody talking about having a completely different offensive mind set this season? Mike has had success with so many different types of QBs, He had Manning and Rivers running Mannings O before that he had Tebow whom he had to make a mid-season change too from Kyle Orton who he made look okay a minor miracle He was with Delome in Carolina and ran the West Coast there . I think its the biggest move we made this off season
    Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I think it's all up to the lines, both of them. The D-Line needs to be staffed/rotated well and the other two levels will fall into place. The O-Line needs to pass pro/run block well and there is enough talent around them to get the job done. With such a big coaching turnover the O isn't going to be predictable at first so they will have to take advantage of that-we'll see if they can make adjustments after that honeymoon period. I don't see the D coaching dropping off significantly enough to hamstring the unit. I would have liked to keep Phillips, but it's a done deal, time for the younger guys to be creative and effective. I don't know if they'll be a contender for the SB but I am pretty excited about what kind of team they'll field.

It's a thing.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Our biggest problem last year was our run game, OL and our punt/kick returner. We filled pretty much all of those spots alone so I really like our chances. A lot of our games were very close so having a better OL and hopefully finding a stud in a punt returner can give our offense some more room to work with/give our defense a breather. We went 9 and 7 last year, 2 of those losses were from Norwood alone that we should've won, which would have made it 11 and 5 which is good for a first year starter.

I like our chances this year

Our offensive line is improved but not where it needs to be. The T position is going to be a problem yet again and it doesn't matter who the QB is if they can't stay on their feet or they don't have the proper time to step back and make reads. I am a fan of Bolles but he is a rookie and he will have rookie moments. There isn't an argument that anybody can make that our RT spot is fixed either. It wasn't touched and if we go into the season with the combo of Stephenson/Schofield/Sambrailo the QB won't last a full season. Not trying to be a Debbie downer but its the truth. Maybe Watson will be serviceable but he isn't a permanent fix either.

There is no question that our D is still elite but if all phases of the game aren't complimenting one another we won't be competing for a championship. I hate to admit this but the Raiders are the most complete team in our division and the Chiefs are always a pain, never an easy win. If we can't get passed our own division than what makes you think we can get passed the Pats or Steelers. I can even make an argument that the Jaguars are farther along than the Broncos right now. I love Denver and I want them to win every year but reality has to hit you once and a while. Until the Oline and QB play is consistent we won't compete for championships....just reality

I'd have to see a run game first before I'd feel comfortable calling this team a SB contender. A lot of other questions marks too, such as the new coaching, O-line, QB, and defensive interior which I'm not sure were improved upon. On top of that we have a tough schedule ahead against teams that have proven themselves.

What I haven't seen a lot of posts of here is that it's a very real possibility that we got even worse in the off-season, and that it could be a long time before we become SB contenders again. Not trying to be too depressing, but aside from Leary, the off-season acquisitions have been full of 'let's see' type of players, including the draft. With the way things have been, I'd say this is a 10-win team at max, and at worst, a 5-6 win team. If we were in a weaker division like AFC South I'd say we have a shot, but making playoffs, let alone the SB, is already in question. Last season we lost against too many division rivals and 2-4. That can't happen again and have any expectations of making the playoffs.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 05-21-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I don't see why we aren't mentioned every year. Since Pat Bowlen bought the team in 1984, we have only seen 5 losing seasons in those 32 years. So many "experts" have us with a losing record. History say something a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I don't see why we aren't mentioned every year. Since Pat Bowlen bought the team in 1984, we have only seen 5 losing seasons in those 32 years. So many "experts" have us with a losing record. History say something a little different.
    The sports media not being in Denvers corner has been a pretty common thing in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Have you checked out any of the stories linked from the main website? Based on what many are saying, we'll be 4th in the division and have zero shot to sniff the playoffs. I got depressed reading it all.

I know we usually get little love but that was downright sad.

Every year SD is gonna break out and they never do. I know Rivers is a good QB and they've dealt with injuries but in all honesty, what has he done in his career? For reals? Not a lot.

I do not think Alex Smith will ever get them over the hump. Oakland is the biggest threat and I hope Musgrave can work his magic with our QBs.

Our LT and run game is our biggest issues still. Have we addressed it? Not sure. Did we fix our run stop game? I hope so. I believe we majorally upgraded our special teams, which should help.

I'm praying that missing the playoffs hurt and makes them play inspired, pissed off football.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 05-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.