Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'd go on record saying that after this year Chad Kelly is the future. His behavior issues seem to have been placated by his injuries and third-string status, and he'll likely have a year to sit and watch and learn how things are done in the NFL. It's a good position to be in, and not rushed especially as he is injured. I don't see Siemian or Lynch taking us to the playoffs, much less the SB, so if things go that way, then Kelly will likely be in a position to compete and win the starting job next off-season. For any of the doubters, watch the back to back wins the Rebels have over Alabama. Phenomenal play that shows he has virtually no comparable ceiling to either potential QB starter we have on the roster at the moment. He has the talent and mind to be a top 10 QB in the league, it just becomes a matter of earning the chance.
    Chad Kelly had superior arm talent before the acute rupture of a ligament between two bones in his wrist at his pro day in April. Pins were inserted, but IDK if they are to remain or need to be removed. Last I saw, he still had a cast on his throwing arm. The one injury which can end a QB's career is anything to do with the throwing arm. His cast should be removed soon with some rehab before he can start throwing again.

He is also recovering from the second ACL repair to his right knee which occurred last November, I believe. He had sports hernia surgery about fifteen months ago, but he was recovered from that enough to play in 2016 at Ole Miss.

The biggest question about Chad IMO is how he recovers from the wrist injury. He had remarkable arm talent prior to the injury. I think he needs to be on IR for no other reason than to let his whole body heal. That should give his throwing arm time to heal and regain strength and flexibility. We'll see how it goes.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

We are probably back to being bottom of the division for the next few years. I honestly think we are the worst in the division with so many questions to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    We are probably back to being bottom of the division for the next few years. I honestly think we are the worst in the division with so many questions to be answered.
    Third...maybe. Worse than the Chargers...no way.

2015 & 2016 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Third...maybe. Worse than the Chargers...no way.
    Man... we would have to be so snakebitten with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post
    Man... we would have to be so snakebitten with injuries.
    Don't really think it is going to happen, but that is where we finished last year.

2015 & 2016 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

I agree with you sir.

Aren't we just a party pooper?

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Aren't we just a party pooper?
    I could be wrong and I can't really prove it because I'm not able to click on his name even. But, the only posts I ever remember from that name are all negative lol. So, maybe he just impersonates a broncos' fan from time to time?

I think our defense has an opportunity to be simply amazing this year. Just some of the improvements I see on paper:

Walker = a true inside pass rush to complement our edge
    Kerr = Think he will be the next diamond in the rough along the lines of BMarsh and Stewart...NT is going to be a strength this year
    Gotsis = I believe the hype, think he becomes Wolfe's counterpart
    Simmons and Parks = continue to grow
    Roby = Best year yet
    Davis = Hoping he is much improved as is Anderson...we will see when the pads come on.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'd go on record saying that after this year Chad Kelly is the future. His behavior issues seem to have been placated by his injuries and third-string status, and he'll likely have a year to sit and watch and learn how things are done in the NFL. It's a good position to be in, and not rushed especially as he is injured. I don't see Siemian or Lynch taking us to the playoffs, much less the SB, so if things go that way, then Kelly will likely be in a position to compete and win the starting job next off-season. For any of the doubters, watch the back to back wins the Rebels have over Alabama. Phenomenal play that shows he has virtually no comparable ceiling to either potential QB starter we have on the roster at the moment. He has the talent and mind to be a top 10 QB in the league, it just becomes a matter of earning the chance.
    Do you think Kelly is a better athlete and has a bigger arm than Lynch? I just don't see it. His own uncle, Jim, didn't think he would ever be the scrambler he used to be because of the ACL tears. That's speculation, of course, and an ACL tear isn't the career killer it used to be. I look forward to seeing what he can do.
    Last edited by gerontion; 06-17-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Do you think Kelly is a better athlete and has a bigger arm than Lynch? I just don't see it. His own uncle, Jim, didn't think he would ever be the scrambler he used to be because of the ACL tears. That's speculation, of course, and an ACL tear isn't the career killer it used to be. I look forward to seeing what he can do.
    Its as Sam puts it, its the injury to his arm that is the issue over the ACL injuries. I see him making any throw the coaches ask of him, which is all that anyone needs IMO. As to a better athlete, I liked much more of what I saw than in Lynch. How that translates to the NFL for either QB is still unknown. Now whether or not he gets past Lynch and Siemian and his wrist injury remains to be seen, but I am pretty hopeful. His skill ceiling is very high and would be a shame for him to succeed elsewhere of that is what God has planned for him
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.

It pretty much depends on the offense improving or not.

DL should be improved with Crick, Wolfe getting bigger. Additions of Kerr, Peko, Walker. Gotsis being healthy now. Defense is still arguably best in the league. AFC West is a monster division though, anyone could finish 1-4.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It pretty much depends on the offense improving or not.

DL should be improved with Crick, Wolfe getting bigger. Additions of Kerr, Peko, Walker. Gotsis being healthy now. Defense is still arguably best in the league. AFC West is a monster division though, anyone could finish 1-4.
    Agreed

In fact I think our OL will dictate if we middle of the pack or playoff team. I can see us having a much better OL this year just because we have a new OL coach. Not even going to discuss QB...that is a dead horse if there ever was one. RB is kinda a question mark....I think that goes back to OL as we do not have a RB who can create yards on his own. According to some pressers I read we need threats short and in the middle. The HC said in a draft time presser that McCoy said teams play Sanders and DT like we have no other offensive threat. My guess is that is why we traded for a TE mid season....two years in a row.

Our defense should keep us from the bottom dwellers. So then it just depends on how the rest of the division does in terms of how we stand.
    All that is required for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I could be wrong and I can't really prove it because I'm not able to click on his name even. But, the only posts I ever remember from that name are all negative lol. So, maybe he just impersonates a broncos' fan from time to time?
    I love my broncos but I am also have realistic expectations for the next few seasons. Vance may be a great coach but it won't be over night he needs experience on making decisions in big moments.

Want them to do well, gut tells me we are in for a long season. 2nd in the AFCW at best, and a wild card. But make it in and anything can happen.