Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 144
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I love my broncos but I am also have realistic expectations for the next few seasons. Vance may be a great coach but it won't be over night he needs experience on making decisions in big moments.
    Agreed,some of our success may be tied to VJ and his game day strategy, I like the approach he is taking by saying he wants his O to have swag and be aggressive but, a few bad calls a game can/ will define a season by making the PO or sitting on the couch come end of season.
    Plus this being VJ first year as head coach, may play into the factor of winning and losing games.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,808
    Just saw this mammoth on Instagram.
    If it is legitimate, then we don't have anything to worry about at RT!

    Assuming he can stay healthy,
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-19-2017 at 01:00 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I love my broncos but I am also have realistic expectations for the next few seasons. Vance may be a great coach but it won't be over night he needs experience on making decisions in big moments.
    As I stated, I could be wrong on it. I just only remember ever seeing negative posts from you. And I couldn't click on your profile to prove otherwise to see if I was thinking incorrectly.

    However, I would like to finish with this. Sometimes fans that happen to have a negative attitude about something often say they're being realistic and it appears that it's true because most fans are biased in favor of their team. But, I don't think it's necessarily true. Sometimes when you're negative, it's just the way someone is and just as some fans are being unrealistic in favor of their team, the negative Nancy fans appear to be unrealistic against their own team. Unless you're a fan of a team like the browns. Then, it's hard to be unrealistic with your negative feelings lol

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    As I stated, I could be wrong on it. I just only remember ever seeing negative posts from you. And I couldn't click on your profile to prove otherwise to see if I was thinking incorrectly.

    However, I would like to finish with this. Sometimes fans that happen to have a negative attitude about something often say they're being realistic and it appears that it's true because most fans are biased in favor of their team. But, I don't think it's necessarily true. Sometimes when you're negative, it's just the way someone is and just as some fans are being unrealistic in favor of their team, the negative Nancy fans appear to be unrealistic against their own team. Unless you're a fan of a team like the browns. Then, it's hard to be unrealistic with your negative feelings lol
    No, you're right.

    "We are probably back to being bottom of the division for the next few years. I honestly think we are the worst in the division with so many questions to be answered."
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    No, you're right.

    "We are probably back to being bottom of the division for the next few years. I honestly think we are the worst in the division with so many questions to be answered."

    I wouldn't mind developing talent and getting a high draft pick for a few years

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,456
    I think great things happen when we least expect it. In 2015 the Broncos lost back to back to Oakland and Pittsburgh with two games remaining. We took our oldest son to the Pittsburgh game for a birthday surprise. I remember driving back thinking, "We can still make the playoffs". Never did I imagine what would happen with the amazing finish, playoff run and SB50!

    Last season was a disappointment but the Broncos were in the playoff picture until the heartbreaking OT loss to KC and the three game slide after a win in Jacksonville.

    Panthers fans probably thought they would contend last season and the wheels came off.

    I'm a homer for the Broncos and realistically believe the team has a solid chance to win the AFC West. It will be a challenge because the division is strong. Who knows though as it's a new season for each team.

    With all the challenges last season the team was 9-7 and a couple of games could have gone our way.

    We have a new coaching staff, some free agents and draft prospects. From reports thus far the changes and additions seem positive. We'll get a better preview with camp and preseason. Even then it's tough to gage for regular season.

    I'm optimistic the 2017 Broncos will be improved over 2016.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 06-19-2017 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    No, you're right.

    "We are probably back to being bottom of the division for the next few years. I honestly think we are the worst in the division with so many questions to be answered."
    Yeah, those comments there. I disagree that those negative comments are "just being realistic".

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Yeah, those comments there. I disagree that those negative comments are "just being realistic".
    Lol
    10 char

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    443
    One plan would be to get New England @ Denver for the AFCCG. That would be a good thing for you guys. As much as I would love to beat Denver at home, I want to avoid that place like the plague...

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Yeah, those comments there. I disagree that those negative comments are "just being realistic".
    From a comparative standpoint, which is more likely or probable: being the worst in the division or contending for a Super Bowl?

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    17,035
    I think it's realistic to say the Broncos will have the worst starting QB in the division.

    I also think it's realistic to say the AFC West is currently the best division in the NFL. So, we put those statements together and it does not look good for the Broncos. When the team got in the playoffs with Tebow, the division was pretty weak and an 8-8 record was enough.

    Finally, I would say it's realistic to expect some growing pains - no matter the QB - as the players adjust to Mike McCoy's offense.

    The Broncos will have the worst QB play in the toughest division in the league and the QB will be taking his first snaps in a completely new system, with more responsibilities before the snap.

    That's why I can't see excessive negativity when someone says the team might finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC West. I see a tough season ahead and, at some point, the focus will be about fixing the execution in this offense and finding an answer at the QB position.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,179
    The statement was, paraphrased, "probably bottom for next few years".

    I disagree with the "probably"
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 06-19-2017 at 08:16 PM.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    joplin, Mo
    Posts
    130
    We have improved our O line.
    Bolles, Menesik, Leary are all physical upgrades vs last years starters

    We have improved our D line.
    Walker will be one of the top rookie pass rushers and will send Crick to the bench (and it couldn't come soon enough)
    Our free agent D linemen are an upgrade as well. We have 300 lb guys who actually plug the running lanes.

    Our QB play will be
    A) Trevor with more experience, or
    B) Paxton with more athletic ability either will have better WRs, RBs, and blocking than last year.
    Andy will be a blessing to have back.

    We have improved our ST both our KO and Punt return game are vastly improved.
    We actually have several game breakers.

    Gotsis has gained 25 pounds and is another year past knee surgery

    We still have the best secondary in football 🏈

    Shane Ray is primed to BREAKOUT

    We have a better coaching staff.

    We have WRs that are DANGEROUS on screens and slants.

    Our TE position is upgraded even if Butt needs a few months to

    Corey Nelson is excelling in coverage and BMarsh is healthy

    I suspect we're gonna like our rookie CB.

    Jamaal Charles is an upgrade at RB

    CJ is heathy and competing with JC will make him better.

    We can beat NE because we cover and rush the passer (The two things you have to do to beat Tammy Brady.)

    There is no reason to think this team cannot go deep into the playoffs or win the SB.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,456
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think it's realistic to say the Broncos will have the worst starting QB in the division.

    I also think it's realistic to say the AFC West is currently the best division in the NFL. So, we put those statements together and it does not look good for the Broncos. When the team got in the playoffs with Tebow, the division was pretty weak and an 8-8 record was enough.

    Finally, I would say it's realistic to expect some growing pains - no matter the QB - as the players adjust to Mike McCoy's offense.

    The Broncos will have the worst QB play in the toughest division in the league and the QB will be taking his first snaps in a completely new system, with more responsibilities before the snap.

    That's why I can't see excessive negativity when someone says the team might finish 3rd or 4th in the AFC West. I see a tough season ahead and, at some point, the focus will be about fixing the execution in this offense and finding an answer at the QB position.
    Derek Carr is the stand out. After Carr I'm not so sure. I can see the possibility of our QBs with the worst play due to lack of experience.

    However last season Siemian passed for just 101 fewer yards and 3 TDs more than Alex Smith. Siemian threw 2 more INTs (started one less game).

    Rivers passed for more yards and as many TDs as Smith and Siemian combined. However he threw 21 INTs, more than both of them..

    If Siemian starts I'm not sure he ends up the worst QB.

    If Lynch starts we won't know how much he's improved until we see him in action. Growing pains for sure especially with a new offense and tough schedule.

    If, if, if...
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 06-20-2017 at 03:50 AM.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    We have improved our O line.
    1. Bolles, Menesik, Leary are all physical upgrades vs last years starters

    2. We have improved our D line.
    Walker will be one of the top rookie pass rushers and will send Crick to the bench (and it couldn't come soon enough)
    Our free agent D linemen are an upgrade as well. We have 300 lb guys who actually plug the running lanes.

    3. Our QB play will be
    A) Trevor with more experience, or
    B) Paxton with more athletic ability either will have better WRs, RBs, and blocking than last year.
    Andy will be a blessing to have back.


    4. We have improved our ST both our KO and Punt return game are vastly improved.
    We actually have several game breakers.

    Gotsis has gained 25 pounds and is another year past knee surgery

    We still have the best secondary in football ��

    Shane Ray is primed to BREAKOUT

    We have a better coaching staff.

    We have WRs that are DANGEROUS on screens and slants.

    Our TE position is upgraded even if Butt needs a few months to

    Corey Nelson is excelling in coverage and BMarsh is healthy

    I suspect we're gonna like our rookie CB.

    5. Jamaal Charles is an upgrade at RB

    CJ is heathy and competing with JC will make him better.

    6. We can beat NE because we cover and rush the passer (The two things you have to do to beat Tammy Brady.)

    There is no reason to think this team cannot go deep into the playoffs or win the SB.
    Hm. Where to start with this post. At the risk of sounding overly negative to some on this board, I'll agree and disagree with some of your points.

    1. Right now there is no possible way anyone can say this O-line is better. This will be the first of many times I say this, but we just don't know anything about that unit yet. Bolles is a rookie and his best support is Garcia who was more likely than not supposed to cover right but couldn't do it, and Menelik is, I'm sorry, a bad player - and I'm sure will be heir to the Stephenson throne. That tells me if Garcia starts left our entire left side of the line is a giant question mark. We still don't know how Paradis will fare in a power scheme, or if he'll even be ready after his hip surgeries. No matter what, it will take time for this unit to gel and cohese and work together so there will likely be growing pains until we see strong production and push from this unit.

    2. I certainly hope the D-line has improved. Earlier I was skeptical, but hearing of how Wolfe, Crick, and Gotsis have beefed up as well as Peko and Kerr's additions make me feel more at ease and that perhaps the run stopping really will be back this season. If not, we are in trouble because teams in the NFC and AFC East are notoriously strong rushing teams; Elliot and McCoy come to mind. Still a question mark, because we do not know the status of the interior. Adding names doesn't mean the line is better. It's just names until the plays happen.

    3. Our QBs are simply inexperienced. Siemian may get the job done, but there's a chance he may hit the sophomore wall. The new system doesn't do him any specific favors either as it'll be starting over again in terms of learning the playbook and routes, etc. Similarly Paxton's two games starting just isn't enough imo to build off a successful season. Maybe he'll shine in McCoy's offense, but from what I hear not much has changed in terms of his footwork for the low and short passing game and other basic mechanics. What hasn't been said either is how all the splitting reps is hurting the chemistry with the future QB and his receivers. It's a necessary evil to find out who the best QB on the team is, but it will still affect the team farther down the road imo. My bias aside, I wouldn't put money on Paxton to start, and for Trevor to take us to the playoffs.

    4. This I agree with. Our ST play can really only go up after last year's performance. Norwood gone is a huge blessing, and from reports McKenzie was an excellent draft pick and is already doing very well as the returner. My only concern is Brock Olivo being a first-time ST coach. He did learn from Dave Toub, but he doesn't have a Tyreek Hill to compare with. We'll have to see - another question mark.

    5. Jamaal Charles is a huge question mark. He was a low risk high reward pick up. If you look at the contract given by the Broncos, it was massively incentive laden with very little risk to the cap. That's a strong indication that the Broncos don't much care if Charles flops, because there's a strong chance that could happen. He's had multiple injuries and two down seasons in a row - there's a reason no one except us picked him up in free agency. That being said, I'd love it to see him light up the field like his old days. I just don't know how possible that is behind this line.

    6. That's how you beat any QB, that's not exclusive to New England. The problem with trying to beat a team with your secondary is that you have to make them pass. If they know they can just run every 2 plays or so for new downs because the line cannot close the gaps, then the offense forces the defense to become one-dimensional to stop the run, which likely re-opens their pass game. Looking back at last year's game vs NE, that is exactly how they won. Brady had fewer passing yards than Siemian if I'm not mistaken, but where the game was won was in the trenches and rushing yards. the TOP from the Patriots to Broncos was almost 2:1. That's the biggest need for improvement this year - the O line to open up a run game again and for the D-line to shut down the opposing team. If you can keep the ball on the field, there's a chance to win close games. If those things can happen, I think we have a chance at going to the Superbowl. Is that happening this year? I don't think so. Still far too many issues that I think anyone can confidently say from a logistical standpoint that we are SB contenders.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-19-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •