Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Deja Vu?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Under the Colfax bridge by Invesco
    Posts
    116

    Deja Vu?

    Fellow Denver Broncos fans,

    I'm curious, does this current QB competition remind you of any past QB competitions for the Denver Broncos? I think it's important to note, I'm not reaching out to debate whether Paxton or Siemian is better suited to take snaps under center for this upcoming season. I'm genuinely reaching out to my fellow fans to enlighten me about past QB competitions that this current competition reminds them of. Let's reminiscence Broncos fans. Thanks in advance for everyone's replies.

    -justabroncosfan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Fellow Denver Broncos fans,

    I'm curious, does this current QB competition remind you of any past QB competitions for the Denver Broncos? I think it's important to note, I'm not reaching out to debate whether Paxton or Siemian is better suited to take snaps under center for this upcoming season. I'm genuinely reaching out to my fellow fans to enlighten me about past QB competitions that this current competition reminds them of. Let's reminiscence Broncos fans. Thanks in advance for everyone's replies.

    -justabroncosfan
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this very competition is eerily similar to that of the 2016 Denver Broncos. That team was hard on my liver.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this very competition is eerily similar to that of the 2016 Denver Broncos. That team was hard on my liver.
    Ohh you too? Well I do think that in some respects we are in better shape then we were last season. If but for nothing else our OC change will be huge for the offense as McCoy has a track record of installing productive offenses which are not like those of Kubiak.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this very competition is eerily similar to that of the 2016 Denver Broncos. That team was hard on my liver.
    I personally think both qb's will be better than the two last year. Trevor better than himself and Paxton better than Mark.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    17,037
    I did not follow the Broncos back in 2006 but, from what I've read, the current competition looks a little bit like Plummer vs Cutler. I would not say Orton vs Tebow because Orton did not really have a lot of support among the fanbase and the current competition does not have a huge gap in accuracy and throwing ability like a veteran, pro-style passer like Orton versus a wild, spread QB like Tebow.

    Siemian has plenty of support from the fans and is well respected in the locker room. He has a more polished game and is considered the safer, more experienced option. Lynch is the 1st-round QB with superior physical abilities and a rocket arm like Cutler, with more variation between highs and lows.

    It's not a perfect comparison because Plummer was a scrambler and already was a proven veteran. However, I see a connection. One side thinks Siemian has more consistency and game-time experience to manage the offense and keep the team in a better position to win, while another side thinks Lynch has the necessary potential to turn the Broncos into a contender and Siemian's skillset will never challenge the top teams in the AFC.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    2,930
    Just like Elway vs Tommy Maddox in '92
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,333
    Maybe the Morton, Weese, Penrose, Spurrier competition of '77?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Maybe the Morton, Weese, Penrose, Spurrier competition of '77?
    I believe Terry Hanratty was also part of the competition? And I think that would of been 76?

    I don't recall us having two young QBs that I've liked as much as I like both Siemian and Lynch. I think between the two we have a good chance of finding a quality long term starter.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,074
    I can't think of any QB battle like this one. To me, it seems like an absolute dead heat at this point. Most years, you can kind of assume that one guy is the man, unless he really makes a mess of things in camp. This year, it seems like a real battle, with nether guy the clear favorite.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    No no no swag Kelly has more talent than both Pax and Trev. J/k
    But I have a feeling we won't have a clear QOTF at least for a couple more years with a QB competition every year going into camp.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    I like Kelly, but not sure he is better than Lunch?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I like Kelly, but not sure he is better than Lunch?
    Depends on what kind of lunch you're having probably.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    903
    QOTF is on the roster and his name is Kyle Sloter. This young man has "IT".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,824
    Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    QOTF is on the roster and his name is Kyle Sloter. This young man has "IT".
    And unlike Chad Kelly we don't have to wait a year to see it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I did not follow the Broncos back in 2006 but, from what I've read, the current competition looks a little bit like Plummer vs Cutler. I would not say Orton vs Tebow because Orton did not really have a lot of support among the fanbase and the current competition does not have a huge gap in accuracy and throwing ability like a veteran, pro-style passer like Orton versus a wild, spread QB like Tebow.

    Siemian has plenty of support from the fans and is well respected in the locker room. He has a more polished game and is considered the safer, more experienced option. Lynch is the 1st-round QB with superior physical abilities and a rocket arm like Cutler, with more variation between highs and lows.

    It's not a perfect comparison because Plummer was a scrambler and already was a proven veteran. However, I see a connection. One side thinks Siemian has more consistency and game-time experience to manage the offense and keep the team in a better position to win, while another side thinks Lynch has the necessary potential to turn the Broncos into a contender and Siemian's skillset will never challenge the top teams in the AFC.
    Sadly the Plummer vs Cutler debacle was more about Shanahan's slow fall from grace. Hard to tell what was happening behind the scenes but there was a lot of frustration between JP and Shanny. Then Mike swooned over Cutler's arm and the rest is history. Problem was Cutler had no heart and the revolving door at OC didn't help. Actually it was Mike's swan song.

    This competition reminds me more of the Brian Griese years where he was kind of the best of the what we had.

    I'm not saying either one of our current QB's can't be great, as always I'm super optimistic. Feeling much better about supporting cast and coaches right now.
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •