Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honestly, I've abstained from MHR because most of the time heir articles are nothing more than Trevor bashing. Even this article throws subtle jabs at Trevor by calling the qb situation average.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Honestly, I've abstained from MHR because most of the time heir articles are nothing more than Trevor bashing. Even this article throws subtle jabs at Trevor by calling the qb situation average.
    Well in many respects it is. There have been multiple threads on this already but there were many games and scenarios where Trevor should have thrown and didn't. OR he should have tucked and ran...but didn't. The list goes on.

Honestly we could probably write an article about almost every team in the league in the same sense. Just looking at our rivals

Oakland--Lynch wasn't productive and was injury prone before he left the NFL so how much could he actually have left? Defensively they were one of the worst units in the NFL last year that relied on turnovers to win on the defensive side of the ball which is a very difficult stat to have consistency from year to year. They didn't really add much to the unit except to now depend on about 3-4 rookies to be big contributors if the defense is to show big improvement over last year. They went 10-1 in games decided by a touchdown or less which is again a very difficult stat to have consistency from one year to the next. Carr has proven to be somewhat injury prone through his first 3 years in the NFL so what happens if he takes a few more shots this year?

KC--We've seen before the whole draft the heir apparent QB and watch the veteran begin to crumble. Offensively they are still a mediocre unit that got rid of their #1 WR. Defensively they are aging with guys like Hali and Johnson still needing to play key roles for the defense to be successful. The draft was mostly players for the future not really for immediate returns.

San Diego--The move to a soccer stadium and whole new city cannot be easy. Can players finally stay healthy when they haven't proven that they can for years. How does the new coaching staff gel with the players? This is a team that needs a bunch of rookies to contribute in a big way early and often so what can they truly expect? Defensively they still have some holes at the safety and DL that were not exactly addressed as much as some thought.

Man this is easy. If we only focus on the negative of a team it is easy to see them failing. For the Broncos though they have mostly the same defense returning that helped them to win 9 games with a terrible offense. They have a better offensive staff and I think special teams staff this year. The QB's have more experience so it is easy to say they should be better than last year. They added some weapons on offense that should help take some pressure off of DT and Sanders and the RB group is healthy right now. I focus on those things and I can see a playoff team in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Honestly we could probably write an article about almost every team in the league in the same sense. Just looking at our rivals

Oakland--Lynch wasn't productive and was injury prone before he left the NFL so how much could he actually have left? Defensively they were one of the worst units in the NFL last year that relied on turnovers to win on the defensive side of the ball which is a very difficult stat to have consistency from year to year. They didn't really add much to the unit except to now depend on about 3-4 rookies to be big contributors if the defense is to show big improvement over last year. They went 10-1 in games decided by a touchdown or less which is again a very difficult stat to have consistency from one year to the next. Carr has proven to be somewhat injury prone through his first 3 years in the NFL so what happens if he takes a few more shots this year?

KC--We've seen before the whole draft the heir apparent QB and watch the veteran begin to crumble. Offensively they are still a mediocre unit that got rid of their #1 WR. Defensively they are aging with guys like Hali and Johnson still needing to play key roles for the defense to be successful. The draft was mostly players for the future not really for immediate returns.

San Diego--The move to a soccer stadium and whole new city cannot be easy. Can players finally stay healthy when they haven't proven that they can for years. How does the new coaching staff gel with the players? This is a team that needs a bunch of rookies to contribute in a big way early and often so what can they truly expect? Defensively they still have some holes at the safety and DL that were not exactly addressed as much as some thought.

Man this is easy. If we only focus on the negative of a team it is easy to see them failing. For the Broncos though they have mostly the same defense returning that helped them to win 9 games with a terrible offense. They have a better offensive staff and I think special teams staff this year. The QB's have more experience so it is easy to say they should be better than last year. They added some weapons on offense that should help take some pressure off of DT and Sanders and the RB group is healthy right now. I focus on those things and I can see a playoff team in the making.
    Great post here. I appreciate you reminding us that when focusing on the negative, it's easy to go down the rabbit hole. We have some good things going for us. Thanks for bringing that out.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Pretty dumb article.

Usually when you have good players, you'll have to pay them big money. Not every team is the Patriots where you can let essentially anyone go, or lose them to injury and not skip a beat.

Regarding this season, it pretty much depends on whichever QB wins the job. Defense is set up to be great, again, provided the run D is better with additions of Peko, Kerr, Walker, and hopefully Gotsis being healthy.

Offense should be better with CJ, Charles, Booker, Henderson at RB, Sanders/DT/Henderson and McKenzie and some combo of Latimer, Taylor, Fowler, others as depth. TE depth looks better with Green, Heaureman, Derby and Butt. McCoy being the OC should help putting players in better position to make plays.

OL being much better on paper should help as well but cant say until they put on the pads.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

It all comes down to the production from the offensive line and the run game in my mind. Our run game was non existent last year, yet it was HEAVILY relied on.

Obviously the QB position is the important question here. I think Trevor proved last year that he can play with poise and control if he stays healthy. He hurt his foot, and shoulder, one could argue, the most important parts of a QB body. It would be hard for anyone to be successful with a combination of those injuries and a sieve of an offensive line.

With an improved offensive line, and an improved offensive system, which in my mind is designed to somewhat mask a sub par O line, I think we are much closer to contending than we are to being in trouble. If Jamaal Charles can contribute and keep us balanced, we could be on the right track to being an offensive power again. With one more year experience for the young QB's and offensive master minds un Musgraves and McCoy, Im looking forward to this season!