Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are the Denver Broncos headed for trouble this year?

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    You mean a former patriots employee that is trying to make the patriots look good while making the broncos look bad? Crazy.. however, if you read some comments below the article, someone points out that the number he chose highly skews the results towards the pats.

"to compare the Broncos to the Pats, the author chose a cap number that supported his argument. If you change that arbitrary number from $5 mil to $3.9 mil, there are 11 Broncos compared to 12 Pats making more than that. If you go down to $1 mil, itís 28 Denver to 36 Pats."

It's a joke of an article to be honest.

I'm not saying that the result for the future can't be the same as he's suggesting. But, the way he went about the article was laughable.

I wish i could get paid to write boring already known public knowledge.

Obviously Denver's rise and fall will be on the back of the starting QB, that's real detective work there. The fact that Denver has more players being paid over 5 mil a year tells me that they are loaded with talent and are ready to win now and duh.......it all lands on the back of the QB

Here's a brain buster, what happens WHEN.....one of these QB's actually pans out and turns into a pro bowl type quarterback???

Anytime a team has a great winning record like we have had, one can expect to have a down year. I think we R getting much closer to our future franchise QB.
    Go Broncos!

We don't know how the season will unfold but I don't agree with the author. The offensive line remains a question mark as it's rebuilding again. Starting QB TBD however I think Trevor can build off last season and mini-camp seemed positive for Lynch. Last season the season trended down after losing CJ and the run game - I think the Broncos were 5-2 before he went down and offense averaged 100+ yards/game; after CJ went down the run game dropped to 70 yards/game.

We know the QB is important but I still think it will come down to better run production. I can't remember how many 3rd and short the offense failed to convert but it seemed like it happened a lot.

I'm not sure about the author's case with the salary comparison. I read another article a while ago with another way of looking at teams with how many draft picks play a role on the roster. The analysis was based on an index for each team - it aligned fairly close with the performance of every team in the league.

Its not worth getting annoyed about the stupid Pats. Everyone makes them out to be such a masterful franchise but they just have the QB other teams don't.

Once Brady goes in 2-3 years they will fall off a cliff

Haven't read the original article so I can not speak to the analysis of mid level or top heavy contracts relating to wins and losses.

What I do know is I think the offense will be improved this season. How much will be the big question.

My optimism lies in the coaching staff that Elway has assembled. Especially on offense. Also added some interesting complimentary pieces in Charles, Leary, Bolles, Henderson. Even Watson and Butt may surprise this year.

McCoy brings an ability to create an offensive system that best fits the team players he has to work with. Musgrave is focused on developing the group of young QBs. Davidson among the upper tier of oline coaches. Have heard some great things about how he works with the players. As a group but also individually with in the moment instruction.

There are tons of things that might go wrong. But so far I am pleased with the coaches and the possibilities on the field offensively. If they can make modest gains to rank in the teens in offense they will be a tough out with the defense as dominant as it should remain.

Just not seeing " In trouble".

Interesting commits. 2017 it will all be exposed on the playing field, time will tell who the posers are. Go Bronco's and I would like to point out our QB's competing for the starting job are going up against the No Fly Zone every day. Nuff said.

I read the article too. Click Bait. An article could be written about 95% of all the teams in the league.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

The pats are a unique team led by people who hate to lose at all costs. I think model works provided those mid level players buy into the system and are coached by someone who knows how to maximize talent.

As far as the Broncos go, I too think the offensive numbers and rankings will better. I just wonder how much better they will be when it matters most.

We have a rookie head coach, a rookie defensive coordinator and a seasoned/smart offensive coordinator. How well can these guys adapt mid-game? Can they provide the killer instinct and sheer hatred of losing that is required to win championships? This season could be magical, or worse than last year. Frustrating part is, 30 other teams are in the same boat, the pats know they will be in the AFC championship game already.

Funny...in two consecutive threads (at this moment) we are either in trouble or winning it all!! Ha ha. If asked where I stand, it would be much closer to winning it all, given a number of key factors:
    1) Great D!
    2) A decent group of O weapons.
    3) Some apparent improvement in the Oline.
    4) One more year for our young QBs to show what they got.
    5) Some offseason moves to make us faster as well as more impactful on special teams.
    6) Some changes in coaching that I believe will, if nothing else, expand on what we can do well.
    7) This all coming off a 9 win season....

Nah....definitely not in trouble.

If we were any other team, I'd be worried. At the moment John Elway has provided us two Super Bowl showings and a trophy in the past five years Is more than capable of running this team. Question marks don't remain for very long under Elway. And in him I trust. While he's running the team, I have nothing but the highest possible expectation at all time.

The actual article https://theringer.com/denver-broncos...s-6ea8e89a59fc is tripe.

Author contradicts himself or draws wild conclusions:

"Its 2014 free-agent class — DeMarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, Emmanuel Sanders, and T.J. Ward — proved to be the cornerstone of their Super Bowl–winning team. Since that season, the Broncos have dabbled in free agency, without the same results." Well not true, just happens the key signings were home grown, VM, CHJ. Wolfe, DT and BMarsh represents the same impact we had from the 2014 class...we are only talking 2015 and 2016. Whats more is that when you hit on a 2014 class that gives you 3 probowl players still performing at a high level, you should not need to go outside too often.

"The problem with this method is Denver rarely gets immediate production from its rookie class...Last season, only safety Justin Simmons and running back Devontae Booker played more than 25 percent of snaps as rookies" then goes on to say, " The draft is always for the next year’s team, not the current team." So which is it? We are doomed because rookies are not playing a lot of snaps or that they are about the future? For one, I don't want our ROOKIE Punter playing 25% of the snaps, nor do we need our ROOKIE STARTING FB seeing 25% of the snaps, but if you count a draft class as a whole and see 5 solid contributors year one...is that not a good thing?

Then he starts implying that the top heavy salaries are problematic, "Denver has 10 starting players on its roster with a $5 million per year or more cap charge, and 28 players above $1 million." while the Pats, "New England has seven players on its roster with a cap charge over $5 million this season and 36 players with charge of a million or more." Okay, so what...we are under the cap right? Are we really a better team cutting Talib and spreading that around to 10 other guys? I fail to see the point here, unless there is a "bad contract" in there, we are good. I was more concerned with the bad money spent on Clady that paying Stewart 7.4M...tripe, tripe tripe.

Such a horrible piece and it is most likely getting more reads than it should.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

The premise of the article is "this franchise lucked into Peyton Manning and that luck has run out."

The Broncos won the Superbowl 17 short months ago with a Peyton Manning who wasn't a shadow of his former self while playing in Gary Kubiak's "non-Manning" offense.

You can make the statement that a particular team isn't going to make it to the Superbowl, and be right 99% of the time. You can say that a team with young, inexperienced QBs isn't going to be successful, and that just makes one a "master of the obvious". The Broncos ace in the hole is their Defense, young offensive linemen who are growing up (hopefully), and some FAs who may be able to stop the opponents running game.

The article is a complete joke.