Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Raiders sign Carr to monster deal

Did the raiders just play themselves.

They seem to be very talented on offense however in my opinion they do need a lot of help on the defensive side.

Kahlil Mac is very good but he can't do everything so I ask you, did the Raiders just hurt themselves by dedicating this amount of money to the quarterback position when they need a ton of help on the defensive side of the ball?
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

It's premature and unnecessary at this juncture. He's coming off a major leg injury to the fibula and had dislocated fingers before that, so at this point he needs to prove that he's NOT fragile and injury-prone by getting through the season healthy... then talk big money next year. So yeah I think they've jumped the gun and it could really bite them in the ass if he gets injured again. That's a lot of money for a part-time QB on the sidelines.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

I completely agree. It seems foolish to make him the NFLs highest player at this point but hey, it's great news for the rest of the division.

This might just mark the beginning of a down ward spiral, just look at the Ravens, colts and saints.

And Mack is next year isn't he?

That's a lot of tied up money....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    And Mack is next year isn't he?

That's a lot of tied up money....
    I'm not sure but you already know that he is going to want to exceed Von Millers contract. They'll franchise him and hopefully he'll protest by sitting out a number of games.

Looking at their cap for next year, they will have to get creative for Mack. At 25 mil for Carr, this will cuff them. Mack will want at least 20 mil a year and they won't have that. Will be interesting.

Raiders got to make sure they don't climb out of mediocrity, they saw a light at the end of the tunnel and decided they needed to turn around.

Carr got paid, lets see if he continues to play at a high level or just takes the money and sits on it.

Cecil Lamie is about to do a would you rather segment on 104.3 the fan now at 1:30. He's going to be debating whether it is better to have a world-class defense or a top NFL quarterback. Just in case anybody's interested in listening.

Funny I see a lot of AFCW fans knocking the signing, but you'd all be lucky to be in the position we are.. Carr is the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Funny I see a lot of AFCW fans knocking the signing, but you'd all be lucky to be in the position we are.. Carr is the real deal
    Well what the heck do ya know, some of you are still here, welcome back!

Im not knocking the signing nor do I believe Carr is a bust, I just don't think it was the best move for the raiders organization yet.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Nobody is knocking the signing as Carr IS the real deal. Just think they strapped themselves with Mack wanting money as well. Can't continue to build when you're going to have your yearly cap covering 2 players.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not sure but you already know that he is going to want to exceed Von Millers contract. They'll franchise him and hopefully he'll protest by sitting out a number of games.

The narrative out there is they better free up $120 million for Mack next year...

That's a lot of green for 2 players.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    The narrative out there is they better free up $120 million for Mack next year...

That's a lot of green for 2 players.
    With the quality of QBs coming out as of late, I can partially understanding them wanting to cement Carr in to a contract. I think he has room to improve and will continue to do so but even at that it seems excessive given his record and injury history.\

I could see them banking on this knowing full well they might not keep Mack simply because defensive players coming out of college have been doing well. They may not strike lightening twice, but there is a fair chance if Mack leaves, a capable player can fill his role well enough for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    With the quality of QBs coming out as of late, I can partially understanding them wanting to cement Carr in to a contract. I think he has room to improve and will continue to do so but even at that it seems excessive given his record and injury history.\

I could see them banking on this knowing full well they might not keep Mack simply because defensive players coming out of college have been doing well. They may not strike lightening twice, but there is a fair chance if Mack leaves, a capable player can fill his role well enough for less.
    Well for one they do not have the defensive talent in place to rely on their defense so you are right. They had to secure their strength and they had to keep their franchise quarterback.

It can be a tough situation and as the loan raider fan in here told me earlier that "bronco wished we were in that situation", I am not so sure because we have a world-class defense and two young quarterbacks that might be Just good enough to get us another Super Bowl victory.

So when we have the talent on both sides of the ball that we do why would we want to be in their situation with no Tellin on defense aside from Mac with a quarter of our salary cap going to that one quarterback for season. It just doesn't make sense for us in Denver.

No for the Broncos whether it's Trevor Siemian or Paxton lynch, the best quarterback is going to play however something tells me that if it is Lynch and when his fifth year option is up, we'er either going to end up paying him mad money are parting ways with him.

If it is Trevor Siemian, he can play some really good football and game manage the team to maybe a championship, However he doesn't have the top-notch talent like the top quarterbacks in this league do so would we end up paying him mad Derek car money or might he be somewhat more reasonable to sign them then she would be?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 06-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.

The Raiders are carrying over 32 Million in cap space as of right now to next season and dont have to sign Mack until year after next. The GM is smart he will pay a big chunk of the money in the next 2 years freeing up Money for Cooper and Mack later. Not to mention the Cap is going to climb again and again until 2021-22(TV Contract is up ) It is a no brainer deal really. Congrats . I hope we have these kind of "problems" in the next year or 2 myself
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.