Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    With the quality of QBs coming out as of late, I can partially understanding them wanting to cement Carr in to a contract. I think he has room to improve and will continue to do so but even at that it seems excessive given his record and injury history.\

I could see them banking on this knowing full well they might not keep Mack simply because defensive players coming out of college have been doing well. They may not strike lightening twice, but there is a fair chance if Mack leaves, a capable player can fill his role well enough for less.
    Keeping Mack wont be a problem..Not much different than what we are paying Von and D."Stone Hands" Thomas this past season and I put Carr well above DT on the skills list
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Great signing. It had to happen now or the price would've been higher if they waited. Now let's see if he earns it.

Next are Mack, Gabe Jackson and Amari Cooper.

The rest of the roster will need to average $4.95 each.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Great signing. It had to happen now or the price would've been higher if they waited. Now let's see if he earns it.

Next are Mack, Gabe Jackson and Amari Cooper.

The rest of the roster will need to average $4.95 each.
    Lolololol. But so true. Sadly the fate of thing when you load up a roster. Expecting the same if one of our QB's performs well.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Lolololol. But so true. Sadly the fate of thing when you load up a roster. Expecting the same if one of our QB's performs well.
    This is how GMs earn their money. They will lose players but they have to be smart and draft replacement, before they leave lol. Best way to do it is to have a system and get role players to fit their system. Then win a few rings to calm the fans down as you rebuild lol.
    Last edited by DevilSpawn; 06-22-2017 at 06:34 PM.

More conditions of Carr's contract have come out.

"Sources" say the main sticking point for Carr's camp wasn't money, the Raiders were eager to pay. "Good or bad, we're always ready to pay for talent," the team stated. It was the stipulation that Carr sport the official team haircut.

When asked for comment Raiders owner Mark Davis replied, "for that amount of money I don't just want a quarterback, a great quarterback, or an elite quarterback, I want mini me!"
    Last edited by Rastic; 06-22-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    More conditions of Carr's contract have come out.

"Sources" say the main sticking point for Carr's camp wasn't money, the Raiders were eager to pay. It was the stipulation that Carr sport the official team haircut.

When asked for comment Raiders owner Mark Davis replied, "for that amount of money I don't just want a quarterback, a great quarterback, or an elite quarterback, I want mini me!"
    Hahahahaha he wishes to live vicariously through Derek Carr is what you're telling us! 😂 😂 😂

I'm saying this is smack. Enough with the hugs and kumbaya stuff.

Mark is on his own on this one. I refuse to defend that thing he calls a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Mark is on his own on this one. I refuse to defend that thing he calls a haircut.
    Picture his head out the window of a car going 55 mph.

Yea, I'd imagine Mack will get franchised and then they'll lose him in 2 years. The Jaguars or the Browns will probably end up picking him up for 21 mil a year or something.

The Raiders will spend the next 2 drafts stocking up on Defensive talent, especially edge rushers. Maybe find some cheap FA help.

Having to pay a franchise QB is a good problem to have. It just becomes much more difficult for the personnel folks in the FO to build around them, as they have to hit A LOT in the draft on early contributors.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

No. They did the right thing. This is his second NFL contract, right after his rookie deal. This is when impact players get paid the big money. This is a move that they had to do. The Raiders were rolling with him in there. Losing him for the season is what killed their playoff hopes even though losing their #2 QB made it official. He was their MVP and he's going to be a thorn in our side for a while.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that this thread was in the Talkin' Smack sub forum. I meant to say:

Those stoopid Raiderz done screwed themselves so badly they never gonna recover LMAO LULZ!!11!!!111
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I'm surprised Mack isn't yelling at the FO for him to be signed before Carr. This could get very interesting in regards to the O and D of the Faiders and they're cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    I'm surprised Mack isn't yelling at the FO for him to be signed before Carr. This could get very interesting in regards to the O and D of the Faiders and they're cap situation.
    He is signed through the season:

Raiders Exercise Fifth-Year Option On DE Khalil Mack
    http://www.raiders.com/news/article-...E-Khalil-Mack/
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~