Will Von Miller ultimately cost Denver our Franchise Quarterback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Mack will want more than Von.
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    The writers are saying Mack is a $120 million dollar man when it happens.... yikes
    Barring injury or some other situation, he'll get it.

But given the cap increases each year, eventually kickers and punters might expect to make more than Miller

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
      I'd sure love a franchise qb that we drafted to lead us. So really pulling for Siemien or Lynch even Kelly. It's cool to get a Manning/plummer and stuff but when it's someone you drafted it means more.

As for the Miller issue you need that anchor and his athleticism is second to none. What has impressed me more as of late is the mentoring role Miller has taken up for his teammates. You can't replace that on a whim. I'd say he has a good solid 4 years left before his decline starts. Hopefully in those 4 years we find or get a Qb ready.
      Why does it mean more to draft a franchise QB? Not challenging your comment just curious.

Comment

• samparnell
        Soy Capitan Meshpoint
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Barring injury or some other situation, he'll get it.

But given the cap increases each year, eventually kickers and punters might expect to make more than Miller
        The Raiders don't have to deal with Mack's salary until next year or early 2019 at the latest. Cooper will be an UDFA in 2020 after Mack has probably been re-signed and Carr is still on his new deal. That will be crunch time for the Raiders' salary cap.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• swinginhorseman
          Special Teams
          • Sep 2010

Hey whats up. Von miller definitely was a reason why we had a successful super bowl run. He also was a big part of almost winning other seasons (Baltimore loss). The qb is going to take the back seat, whoever he is. Chris Harris deserves more credit for taking that cut several seasons ago. That brought in other high free agents like ward talib and ware....

Keep this defense going....

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            Get the franchise QB and I think Elway can make the numbers work - salary cap increases, restructuring contracts or changes or releasing a player(s).
            This ^^^

Elway seems to hit another gear when he smells blood in the water.

Currently we have two solid players at the position with good things being said from what we've seen so far. Kelly would be a peasant surprise for next to nothing wagered. Have we forgotten already that the O-line is our biggest issue until it isn't!!! Let's not be the Texans/Carr X2
            [sigpic

Comment

• Broncodoodle
              Practice Squad
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              He is definitely special. I think my post may have masked my original intent, but until we find a franchise QB we need to pay Von as he is hands down the most talented player on our roster.
              Agreed; perhaps I misunderstood your initial point.

Comment

• Broncodoodle
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                While that is true, the difference is a truly special quarterback can carry an average offense, while a truly special defensive player can only do so much with average defenders around him because offenses can specifically game plan against that defender to take him out of the game. You can't really game plan to take a quarterback out of the game... unless you're Greg Williams.
                Hilarious!!! I wish I could give CP from my phone!

Comment

• kingelway7
                  Playmaker
                  • Apr 2010

If Von retired today, at only age 28, he would be a HOFer.

Would you rather have 28 year old HOFer in his prime or a franchise QB that may or may not be a HOFer by the time he retires, let alone by age 28...?
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• -Rod-
                    #TeamBroncos
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                    If Von retired today, at only age 28, he would be a HOFer.
                    With 73.5 career sacks? I doubt it. The threshold for edge rushers is a bit higher than that.
                    sigpic

Comment

• JPPT1974
                      April Showers and Easter
                      • Apr 2012

Von is the #2 player of in the NFL Top 100 last night of 2017. And he is not going anywhere at anytime soon. If that is what you are asking.
                      Ready for October Falls

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                        Captain
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        This ^^^

Elway seems to hit another gear when he smells blood in the water.

Currently we have two solid players at the position with good things being said from what we've seen so far. Kelly would be a peasant surprise for next to nothing wagered. Have we forgotten already that the O-line is our biggest issue until it isn't!!! Let's not be the Texans/Carr X2
                        Kelly would be a pleasant surprise. I lean towards him starting for us next season. However it's going to be awhile before we see him play, his cast only just now got removed. A lot of things can change by then, he may be traded or cut.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• SaltySnipes
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Sep 2016

Von single handily won us a superbowl by destroying cam newton lol and being tom brady's daddy. he has a much more value deal than what oakland will pay car and what team will pay cousins. Why? Because he's 100 million dollar franchise qb kryptonite. im happy to keep our defense in order and let mccoy get what he can out of a promising paxton or kelly

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
                            Playmaker
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                            Von single handily won us a superbowl by destroying cam newton lol and being tom brady's daddy. he has a much more value deal than what oakland will pay car and what team will pay cousins. Why? Because he's 100 million dollar franchise qb kryptonite. im happy to keep our defense in order and let mccoy get what he can out of a promising paxton or kelly
                            Von was absolutely sensational in the super bowl and afc championship game. But to say he singlehandedly won us the super bowl is so disrespectful to some of the other defenders that played so well in that game. Especially Demarcus Ware with 2 sacks and 4 qb hits. T.J Ward also had a huge game along with other defenders. But those two stand out in my memory the most, so that's why I picked them.

Point is, every time someone says von won us a super bowl by himself, I have to ask if you paid attention to the other great performances on defense.

Comment

• broncoslover115
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                              Von was absolutely sensational in the super bowl and afc championship game. But to say he singlehandedly won us the super bowl is so disrespectful to some of the other defenders that played so well in that game. Especially Demarcus Ware with 2 sacks and 4 qb hits. T.J Ward also had a huge game along with other defenders. But those two stand out in my memory the most, so that's why I picked them.

Point is, every time someone says von won us a super bowl by himself, I have to ask if you paid attention to the other great performances on defense.
                              Yup. The defense was AMAZING and played on another level. And people better not be dissing my guy now.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• kingelway7
                                Playmaker
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                With 73.5 career sacks? I doubt it. The threshold for edge rushers is a bit higher than that.
                                I have to respectfully disagree. I believe he would get in. Obviously not year 1 or 2, and probably not even year 3, but he'd get in. The 73.5 alone is not enough but his total dominance in the 2015 is what does it.
                                Denver Broncos
                                New York Yankees
                                New York Knicks
                                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X