Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    8,341

    Photo hosting with 3rd party capabilities?

    Does anybody know of a photo post with third-party capability on the Internet?

    It seems that photo bucket was the most popular (key word "was") but they decided to change their terms of service.

    They are now charging $39.95 per month and 399.00 per year to enable third-party capabilities which in My opinion is grossly over priced. Anyway if anyone knows of a good site to use please be sure to drop a link here.

    Cheers
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,233
    I've been using Photobucket, too and have had lots of problems. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for you. I'm going to eavesdrop.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    7,605
    http://www.imgur.com - great if you need to get something done in a hurry (literally takes seconds to upload and share a picture on a forum etc)
    http://www.flickr.com - supports third-party and has extensive sharing functionality

    Not sure if this is what you guys are looking for but have a look.

    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,233
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    http://www.imgur.com - great if you need to get something done in a hurry (literally takes seconds to upload and share a picture on a forum etc)
    http://www.flickr.com - supports third-party and has extensive sharing functionality

    Not sure if this is what you guys are looking for but have a look.
    Thanks. I had looked into those a couple of months ago. Just haven't changed yet. I like PhotoBucket because it is easy to use. That's important for a non-techy like me. And the privacy options. But it gets really frustrating sometimes.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks. I had looked into those a couple of months ago. Just haven't changed yet. I like PhotoBucket because it is easy to use. That's important for a non-techy like me. And the privacy options. But it gets really frustrating sometimes.
    If you sign up on imgur.com, it lets you change the privacy options of albums and images.

    Albums
    1. Public: “Anyone can see this album by going to your account page located at: http://username.imgur.com
    2. Hidden: "This album is hidden from your public albums view, but will still be accessible from within your account and via the direct URL."
    3. Secret: "You are the only person who can see or access this album"

    Pictures
    1. Public
    2. Unlisted

    If you're looking for a more "pure" photobucket alternative, flickr is arguably the better option between the two and has served me well since I stopped using photobucket a few years ago (it was very performance heavy but looks cleaner/faster now). You also have the ability to join groups which I personally think is a cool feature.

    Here's an example of local Denver groups to give you an idea of how it works: https://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?text=denver

    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,949
    I initially tried flckr the other day, but couldn't figure out from there how to get the images in the right format for posting in forums. I will have to try a couple other suggestions from this thread, and see what works best. Photo bucket suddenly charging 399 for me to use my images elsewhere means I need to get rid of that account ... was bummed, I always found it easy to use.

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I initially tried flckr the other day, but couldn't figure out from there how to get the images in the right format for posting in forums. I will have to try a couple other suggestions from this thread, and see what works best. Photo bucket suddenly charging 399 for me to use my images elsewhere means I need to get rid of that account ... was bummed, I always found it easy to use.
    You need to use BBCode for forums.

    Say you want to share this photo:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/steven...-WdSGGw-WdegGq

    1. Click on the arrow below the photo (it will say Share Photo if you hover over it)
    2. Click on BBCode (third option from left), pick a resolution and copy (Ctrl + C) paste (Ctrl + V) the link into the forums and you're done.
    Optionally
    You can edit the link you copied and remove any copyright / text (just make sure it's legal, not a problem if it's your own photos)

    Example:

    Full BBCode link
    HTML Code:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/XtfBTP][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36408019945_6f8c35d2d7_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/XtfBTP]Downtown Denver[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenm6/]Steven[/url], on Flickr
    Result

    Downtown Denver
    by Steven, on Flickr


    Edited BBCode link
    HTML Code:
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36408019945_6f8c35d2d7_b.jpg[/img]
    Result

    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,949
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    You need to use BBCode for forums.

    Say you want to share this photo:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/steven...-WdSGGw-WdegGq

    1. Click on the arrow below the photo (it will say Share Photo if you hover over it)
    2. Click on BBCode (third option from left), pick a resolution and copy (Ctrl + C) paste (Ctrl + V) the link into the forums and you're done.
    Optionally
    You can edit the link you copied and remove any copyright / text (just make sure it's legal, not a problem if it's your own photos)

    Example:

    Full BBCode link
    HTML Code:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/XtfBTP][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36408019945_6f8c35d2d7_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/XtfBTP]Downtown Denver[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenm6/]Steven[/url], on Flickr
    Result

    Downtown Denver
    by Steven, on Flickr


    Edited BBCode link
    HTML Code:
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/36408019945_6f8c35d2d7_b.jpg[/img]
    Result
    You're awesome, BD! Thanks for the help!

    Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian

    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,233
    I tried to change my avy for October. Not working.

    It's time to change hosting sites. No problem getting my own pictures. I wonder if I can get the other images I've gathered onto a new site? I'll find out later.

    Not the best move Photobucket has done.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,220
    .





    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I tried to change my avy for October. Not working.

    It's time to change hosting sites. No problem getting my own pictures. I wonder if I can get the other images I've gathered onto a new site? I'll find out later.

    Not the best move Photobucket has done.
    Find a pic that you like.
    Right click on it,
    Select "Save Image As", click on it.
    Title pic and select folder on your device and save it.
    Go to your folder, select the pic, edit it to your avy size.
    Then go to settings, edit avy, browse for your new pic and change your avy.

    .

    May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    14,233
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    .







    Find a pic that you like.
    Right click on it,
    Select "Save Image As", click on it.
    Title pic and select folder on your device and save it.
    Go to your folder, select the pic, edit it to your avy size.
    Then go to settings, edit avy, browse for your new pic and change your avy.

    .
    Thank you!
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •