Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gil Brandt's all time top 31 Corner Backs and Safeties

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30...edium=referral

Aqib Talib is 23 and Champ Bailey is at 14, but where is Louis Wright and Chris Harris on this list??? Or perhaps even Tyrone Braxton?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30...afetiesalltime
    He also posted his top 31 all time safeties with Steve Atwater at number 10. Ahead of him are guys like Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Emlin Tunnell! 👍🏽

Troy Polamalu???😳😳😳
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Saw it earlier.

Can we please get Atwater in Canton already? It's going to happen eventually but all personal bias aside, that guy is as deserving as anyone out there and should be in already. Absolutely phenomenal player and there's no way we win XXXII without both TD and Atwater playing the way they did in that game. Watched an interview with TD earlier this year where he mentioned that he wants Steve in as well so maybe when the opportunity presents itself, he will consider lobbying for his old teammate.

Regarded as one of the best and hard-hitting safeties of all time and still not in.. yeah okay.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Saw it earlier.

Can we please get Atwater in Canton already? It's going to happen eventually but all personal bias aside, that guy is as deserving as anyone out there and should be in already. Absolutely phenomenal player and there's no way we win XXXII without both TD and Atwater playing the way they did in that game. Watched an interview with TD earlier this year where he mentioned that he wants Steve in as well so maybe when the opportunity presents itself, he will consider lobbying for his old teammate.

Regarded as one of the best and hard-hitting safeties of all time and still not in.. yeah okay.
    In not sure who said but I heard Terrell Davis helped his case in this bias market by working for ESPN and staying in sight. However that didn't seem to work for Tom Jackson.

But anyway they're using the excuse "out of sight, out of mind".
    But Steve should get back on television, it'd be good to see him and hear his input on today's NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    In not sure who said but I heard Terrell Davis helped his case in this bias market by working for ESPN and staying in sight. However that didn't seem to work for Tom Jackson.

But anyway they're using the excuse "out of sight, out of mind".
    But Steve should get back on television, it'd be good to see him and hear his input on today's NFL.
    I think you're right. There was a sudden momentum, so I think it's fair to say that it definitely was a factor in TD's case. How many times did Elliot Harrison sing praises and lobby hard for TD in one of his articles on nfl.com? It shouldn't be a thing (the bias) but it is and as ferocious as Atwater was on the field, you're not about to see him throw his own name out there "to stay relevant". He's a quiet type of guy off the field.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sorry, missed the last line.

Yeah that would be great but isn't he into real estate or something?

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Sorry, missed the last line.

Yeah that would be great but isn't he into real estate or something?
    I'm not sure but I heard he owns a huge chunk of ranch land somewhere in the Carolinas.

In my perfect world, both Atwater and Dennis Smith get voted in the same year. The most feared pair of safeties to ever share the field
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

3...2...1 before sam Z turns this into a thread against malcolm butler and ty law.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    3...2...1 before sam Z turns this into a thread against malcolm butler and ty law.
    Not before I turn this in to my puppet dance party.

Dance, Tommy, dance

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Forget Malcolm Butler, how about Lawyer Malloy?

Listen to me small potatoes, you call yourself a fan but you place Malcolm butlers name on your post before Lawyer Malloy? Do you even know who he is?

I have a lot of respect for both Ty Law and Lawyer Malloy who unfortunately was left off Gil Brandt's list as well as yours.

Two legendary play makers who unfortunately had to suffer through contracts with cheating New England but they were damn good players who deserve recognition no doubt.

Gil Brandt is too old, he's become senile and his articles and rankings have been complete garbage for years.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Not before I turn this in to my puppet dance party.

Dance, Tommy, dance

It is so easy to control his attitude!

I used to really respect Gil.....

Wit Malcom butler on this lis, and champ so low.... he is officially a joke. All his other best ever articles are just as bad,,,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Lester Hayes is too low. People forget that he shut down receivers without Stickum. He should be 12. Champ is no lower than 8. The 7 ahead of him on that list each have a valid argument.

He got #1 right.

Glad to see Dennis Smith on the list. He was a very unappreciated player thanks to Ronnie Lott getting all the publicity. I think Smith and Atwater were the best Safety tandem of that era.