Andrew Masons Health

Sorta Broncos related....

Just got done with catching up on Broncos TV.

Did Andrew have a stroke or some health complications recently?

He looks super awkward on camera over the last 3 months. Hope all is well.

He's always been a little awkward. I noticed he tends to close his eyes when he turns to look at one of his colleagues. Strange quirk but not something new I don't think

Did you hear that he was ill?
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    He's always been a little awkward. I noticed he tends to close his eyes when he turns to look at one of his colleagues. Strange quirk but not something new I don't think

Did you hear that he was ill?
    Nothing I could truly post from credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Sorta Broncos related....

Just got done with catching up on Broncos TV.

Did Andrew have a stroke or some health complications recently?

He looks super awkward on camera over the last 3 months. Hope all is well.
    some things should be off-limits. Attacking a civilian is just indecent. Mason is insightful and I enjoy his work. I am guessing you are an old high school classmate of Mason's and you are jealous he gets to live his dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    some things should be off-limits. Attacking a civilian is just indecent. Mason is insightful and I enjoy his work. I am guessing you are an old high school classmate of Mason's and you are jealous he gets to live his dream job.
    Interesting. I didn't get the impression it was a personal attack, especially with the well wishes at the end of the post.

definitely seemed more genuinely concerned than an attack...
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    definitely seemed more genuinely concerned than an attack...
    I am not gonna lie I had similar concerns to the OP. I do hope Mason is OK I appreciate his insights. That all said I have noted some demeanor changes as well as a period where he was not filming there...

We all wish Andrew well. He is doing a great job reporting on the Broncos and answering questions in his mailbag.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I've enjoyed the man's work for years and hope to enjoy even more of it.

Just a Broncos fan noticing somethings been a bit off over the course of 3 months. I truly hope hes well and in no way was this even close to being a personal attack on Mason.

Awhile back he said he had a phobia of looking into the camera. That's why he closes his eyes a lot. HE doesn't like looking into peoples eyes either. I am not sure if it was on Masons Mail bag or on BTV. Just trying to shed a little light .

How in gods name did you deem that a personal attack?

Today I learned that showing concern over someone's well being and hoping that everything is in fact well (meaning they hope their observation is wrong) is a form of personal attack...

The internet teaches me new things everyday.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-11-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Andrew Mason has a mild form of Asperger's Syndrome.

Why do you wear sunglasses on camera so often?

-- Bill Hanson

Because I have major trouble with eye contact, as do many who have Asperger's Syndrome, as I do. Sometimes I stare too long; sometimes, I can't look someone in the eyes at all -- or make proper eye contact with a camera lens. And then if I think too much about eye contact -- or the lack thereof -- it overwhelms me in the moment and I lose track of the conversation, the thought I wanted to say, etc. Then there are the social issues -- for example, I've been told I often sound mad when I answer the phone. It's usually because I've been interrupted.

(On the positive side, I wouldn't have the command of football history, Atlanta Braves minutiae or the ability to spend hours crunching stats and watching film without it, so I tend to view Asperger's as a net positive for me. It's essential to who and what I am. I wouldn't be working here without it.)

Beyond that, my eyes are heterochromic -- a five-dollar-word way of saying they aren't completely the same color. When I was in ninth grade, a classmate said I had "mutant eyes," and not in a joking way, either. That doesn't make you want to show them off to the world unless you're forced to do so.

I would wear sunglasses every waking hour in public if it was socially acceptable -- even inside, even at night. But it isn't, as my three-year-old daughter reminds me when she insists on removing them when I get home.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-f9957427508b

Interesting. Had no idea. I just figured it might be a quirk

I always thought 2 different color eyes looked cool, personally.

Well, he seems to have made peace with it and absolutely functions so good for him and more power to him.

You got questions? Andrew Mason has the answers
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by RSH View Post
    Andrew Mason has a mild form of Asperger's Syndrome.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...4-f9957427508b
    And that explains some of the ups and downs. Thanks for sharing. I am glad he is OK...

I've always enjoyed watching Mason's work. He appears to be a real cool dude. Glad he's alright!