Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    My point was that he had a real reputation in college for making guys miss more often than not. Many of the times I saw him go down was by tripping up of his feet. Yes the hits will be more impactful but I suspect he will actually get hit not tripped up more often as well.
    I disagree.

Agreed but bothckenzie and Henderon I fear will still need time to learn the nuances of the game at the pro level. Especially the fact that certain moves and ways they went about their business on field simply won't work at the NFL level. I suspect one or both will show us flashes but likely struggle with a fumble or two as they learn at this next level.
    This is what I fear about starting rookies when they need time to adjust. The outcome is always a turn over the key moment in a big game that may cost a team the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You mean the Jarvis Moss of WR's? He's a camp superstar...He'll disappear once the pads come on.
    Oh believe me I would be very PO'ed if the Broncos cut Jordan Taylor and kept Cody Latimer. Taylor made some big catches last season, not many but the ones he did make were pretty big and that's a lot more than I can say for Cody Latimer who only made plays on special teams.

Anyway I came across this picture of Carlos Henderson this morning on Instagram. Look very closely at his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I disagree.
    That's cool....but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Oh believe me I would be very PO'ed if the Broncos cut Jordan Taylor and kept Cody Latimer. Taylor made some big catches last season, not many but the ones he did make were pretty big and that's a lot more than I can say for Cody Latimer who only made plays on special teams.

Anyway I came across this picture of Carlos Henderson this morning on Instagram. Look very closely at his chest.
    Dude's a machine...
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Dude's a machine...
    True but we've got to send him too tattoo nightmares. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    2nd rd. We traded up for him in rd 2. We wanted 2 other guys but I forget their names atm. So we paniked and moved up for him. I still think he is going to pan out personally
    eh. The time has come and gone imo for Latimer to play. Every off-season we think he's going to be this stud that we traded up for but disappears..for 16 games. 3 seasons in and only 16 catches and 1 TD is not a good look. Maybe he breaks out this year, but even if he does, he'll likely be trade bait. If this is his contract year for the Broncos I doubt he gets a new contract. Need to make roster spots for producers on the team
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

That's cool....but why?
    I told you why. He simply won't have the amount of touches he did in college. I don't care if he made people miss. He didn't score every time. Your reasoning was that he often tripped over his feet. Am I supposed to take your word on that? He might have tripped a few times. But not enough that means he'll be hit more in the NFL. He'll simply be hit harder. Either way, we don't disagree on the outcome.

But, unless you can provide proof that he got tripped up so often that it makes up the difference between how often he got the ball in college and how often he'll get it in the NFL... I simply disagree.

I told you why. He simply won't have the amount of touches he did in college. I don't care if he made people miss. He didn't score every time. Your reasoning was that he often tripped over his feet. Am I supposed to take your word on that? He might have tripped a few times. But not enough that means he'll be hit more in the NFL. He'll simply be hit harder. Either way, we don't disagree on the outcome.

But, unless you can provide proof that he got tripped up so often that it makes up the difference between how often he got the ball in college and how often he'll get it in the NFL... I simply disagree.
    His most touches in a season was 88 for 10 TDs last season. If he's going to be touching the ball less than that then why draft him at all? I do think he will get less touches than that but I still think he will get hit more. McKenzie isn't going to outrun people like he did in college.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    His most touches in a season was 88 for 10 TDs last season. If he's going to be touching the ball less than that then why draft him at all? I do think he will get less touches than that but I still think he will get hit more. McKenzie isn't going to outrun people like he did in college.
    Because he wasn't drafted to be the guy that touches the ball a bunch. He was drafted to maximize the few amount of times a returner does touch the ball.

I should clarify that I don't see him getting many offensive snaps this year. I could be wrong. I see him just returning punts and getting a few selective snaps this season on offense.

Because he wasn't drafted to be the guy that touches the ball a bunch. He was drafted to maximize the few amount of times a returner does touch the ball.

I should clarify that I don't see him getting many offensive snaps this year. I could be wrong. I see him just returning punts and getting a few selective snaps this season on offense.
    Personally I think he spends his rookie season on the PS. Langley and Henderson were both returners in college and can offer more at their respective positions. McKenzie looks like he will struggle with fumbles, his small size makes it hard for him to cover the ball often times leaving a large target for the defense to punch at.

Henderson would be my rookie to watch, he reminds me a lot of Jarvis Landry. And with Sanders giving him such high praise this offseason I could see him having a sizeable contribution in year one.

Personally I think he spends his rookie season on the PS. Langley and Henderson were both returners in college and can offer more at their respective positions. McKenzie looks like he will struggle with fumbles, his small size makes it hard for him to cover the ball often times leaving a large target for the defense to punch at.

Henderson would be my rookie to watch, he reminds me a lot of Jarvis Landry. And with Sanders giving him such high praise this offseason I could see him having a sizeable contribution in year one.
    I am high on Henderson as well. I don't think I'm as low on McKenzie as you, but don't necessarily see him getting a bunch of touches either.

Its too early to say one way or the other but Henderson may end up being the best rookie of the draft class

I got my money on D Walker being just as productive as Malik.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I got my money on D Walker being just as productive as Malik.
    As a rookie and that consistently, I doubt it. But if he can provide bursts of that production, I'll take it.