Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    yeah. The problem last year seemed that he had trouble getting separation and as a result being targeted. And being used as a blocker, which doesn't seem to suit his skill set. But at least when he did get receptions, he got big gains from them.

while we're on the topic of sleeper tight ends, I think the most ready TE for our offense we have is AJ Derby. I think he's going to lead our TE group in receptions and TDs
    I think he was looked down upon a bit too much for a couple of real bad plays. But overall, gave us some promise. So, I would agree with you on Derby potentially surprising some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I think he was looked down upon a bit too much for a couple of real bad plays. But overall, gave us some promise. So, I would agree with you on Derby potentially surprising some people.
    Sure he was but those big plays he didn't make or made mistakes on are big deals in the NFL. I think one guy who will open a few eyes is Krieger cobble. The issue with him is that he is not a big guy and must improve strength and blocking to be truly effective. Jeff H and Butt IMO look to be quite similar. I almost see an attempt and reproducing Dreessen. Who reminds me a bit of V.Green.

Another slight oddity which I believe we have on our roster is that out top 1 and two WRs are top shelf. Our number 3 at this stage, let's just hope it's Taylor, is 6ft5. With his height being similar to that of many TE's I wonder if even with better blocking if he's naturally taking away passes to the TE.

I see potential in Derby, too
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

1- Jarrett if he can get into better shape. He was too fat and it slowed him down in college.
    2- McKenzie will provide big play spark ⚡️ from Day 1
    3- Henderson will shine for us as a rookie as well

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    1- Jarrett if he can get into better shape. He was too fat and it slowed him down in college.
    2- McKenzie will provide big play spark ⚡️ from Day 1
    3- Henderson will shine for us as a rookie as well
    Which one, Carlos or DeAngelo?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I would say both? Wait, hopefully not so much DeAngelo because if he "shines" (might have to define "shine") there is a good possibility that he got that opportunity due to bad things that I am not going to say. I do think DeAngelo will likely make the final 53 but, for this season I hope he doesn't have the opportunity to "shine".

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I see potential in Derby, too
    id love for jarret to be able to play 1st and 2nd downs and come out for passing situations for a rest.

I vote Josh Banderas MLB Nebraska. He is my sleeper I feel could steal a starting job. Only cause I see Davis as the weak link on this D and keep hoping for a surprise tone setter at MLB instead of settling for mediocrity as our main option.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    I vote Josh Banderas MLB Nebraska. He is my sleeper I feel could steal a starting job. Only cause I see Davis as the weak link on this D and keep hoping for a surprise tone setter at MLB instead of settling for mediocrity as our main option.
    Pretty sure we waived Banderas. Sorry dude.

Well that sucks. I'll pick a new MLB n try again. Lol

Keep an eye on Rip Van Winkle from Catskills Tech...he's a real sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Both 😂 lol

Seriously, I was talking about Carlos on KO returns and he'll get a few catches too!

I'd like to see DeAngelo make the team as well. Dudes got some "it" factor as a RB, I like what film I've seen in him.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    i would say both? Wait, hopefully not so much deangelo because if he "shines" (might have to define "shine") there is a good possibility that he got that opportunity due to bad things that i am not going to say. i do think deangelo will likely make the final 53 but, for this season i hope he doesn't have the opportunity to "shine".
    never mind !

That Walker guy.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    Both �� lol

Seriously, I was talking about Carlos on KO returns and he'll get a few catches too!

I'd like to see DeAngelo make the team as well. Dudes got some "it" factor as a RB, I like what film I've seen in him.
    Oh, De'Angelo is making the team. He's my sleeper for sure. Without seeing anything from him except for his time at the small college level, I'm admittedly too high on him possibly? I don't know what it is, but when I watch him I see something extra. However, I'm a little disappointed about Carlos at this point. Though, it's only been two days. I was hoping to hear something positive from him, as the only thing I've heard is about his fumbling issues Day 1. I am high on Carlos too, but maybe he might need a little more time than I had hoped to get adjusted and learn.