Von Miller, while being Von Miller, follows in Peyton Manning’s footsteps

-Von Miller, while being Von Miller, follows in Peyton Manning’s footsteps-

"Von Miller has anew mantra: What would Peyton do?

The All-Pro linebacker has replaced retired quarterback Peyton Manning as the face of the team and the voice of the locker room. Where he leads, the Broncos follow. ...

...As the years add on you start to appreciate it a whole lot more. You’ve got young guys coming in that’s looking at you. You appreciate the way they look at you. You appreciate they leadership position they automatically put you in. So I just want to set a good example for everyone who comes out here." ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/von-miller-...l&uh_test=1_07

Video and more story, here: http://www.9news.com/sports/von-mill...ader/461154764
    Last edited by Emily Diana; 08-03-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Edited to add a link

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Diana View Post

The All-Pro linebacker has replaced retired quarterback Peyton Manning as the face of the team and the voice of the locker room. Where he leads, the Broncos follow. ...

...As the years add on you start to appreciate it a whole lot more. You’ve got young guys coming in that’s looking at you. You appreciate the way they look at you. You appreciate they leadership position they automatically put you in. So I just want to set a good example for everyone who comes out here." ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/von-miller-...l&uh_test=1_07

Video and more story, here: http://www.9news.com/sports/von-mill...ader/461154764
    Glad to see you around Ems. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Diana View Post

I wonder if Peyton ever thought, "What would Elway Do?"
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    I wonder if Peyton ever thought, "What would Elway Do?"
    I am sure Peyton at least thought "What would Marino do?".

Peyton was a big Marino fan, always felt Marino got the short end of the stick despite his skills. If Marino played in the current NFL, passing records would tumble left and right, best pure passer. At least Peyton had a few championship caliber Ds to help him win SBs, Marino pretty much had little support on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    I am sure Peyton at least thought "What would Marino do?".

Peyton was a big Marino fan, always felt Marino got the short end of the stick despite his skills. If Marino played in the current NFL, passing records would tumble left and right, best pure passer. At least Peyton had a few championship caliber Ds to help him win SBs, Marino pretty much had little support on the other side.
    manning didn't in 2006...his defense was 24th in scoring while being the worst run defense in the league

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    At least Peyton had a few championship caliber Ds to help him win SBs, Marino pretty much had little support on the other side.
    Didn't Marino still have the above average "Killer B's" defense for his first few seasons? I remember when Marino got to the SB only to be crushed...all my friends and I were absolutely certain he'd be back to the big dance several times and walk away with multiple rings. Crazy how things turned out.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    manning didn't in 2006...his defense was 24th in scoring while being the worst run defense in the league
    Actually he did once the playoffs started imo, I believe they had the 2nd best run D in the playoffs. I think a lot of that had to do with Sanders coming back to health and playing in the playoffs.

https://pick256.wordpress.com/2012/0...he-2006-colts/
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter