Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloter

Sloter

What are his chances guys? will he get a shot with the 2nd team or the 1st team?

I think the odds are stacked against him, but hey now he has a cool story to tell his grand kids one day.

He earned some first team reps in my opinion. The way Siemian and Lynch played tonight I would say Chad Kelly has passed them in the competition and he can't practice yet

Can't imagine he gets a chance really, unfortunately. I think he has a chance to be the best qb of the three at some point. However, tonight convinced me that Trevor will probably be our qb this year. Whoever it is, they'll get my full support. I can only hope that each bronco fan feels the same.

I think the coaches probably are just as curious as us to see what Sloter can do with the 1s. I think they're waiting on John for his blessing.

I would think that Sloter is in a similar position that Siemian was in, 2 years ago. I thought Siemian out-played Osweiler in pre-season, but because he was a rookie, Osweiler was given the nod when Manning went down. Plus, I think Elway and Kubiak wanted to see what Osweiler could do as his Contract was up at the end of the season. I'm guessing that Lynch is going to be given the nod over Sloter, here. But Sloter is quickly playing himself on to the Final Roster as Siemian did his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    He earned some first team reps in my opinion. The way Siemian and Lynch played tonight I would say Chad Kelly has passed them in the competition and he can't practice yet
    Can I ask you and others what Siemian did so wrong????Or Lynch for that matter???I didnt see the game just lookin at the stats and NFL.COM has T.S at 6/7 for 51 yds and Paxton did seem a bit meh at 6/9 for 42 yds???Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Can I ask you and others what Siemian did so wrong????Or Lynch for that matter???I didnt see the game just lookin at the stats and NFL.COM has T.S at 6/7 for 51 yds and Paxton did seem a bit meh at 6/9 for 42 yds???Cheers.
    Trevor was ok but Lynch was completely lost out there.

Wow. I can see sloter did good. But what's all this hate with Trevor? Dude had a solid game. We didn't even start throwing the ball til the second quarter and I thought he looked sharp. Lynch however needs to be 3rd string. He looked terrible. No rythem. Just flat. And this is his second year? Wow

I think the thing that bothers me about Lynch is that we've seen him in a few preseason games and a few regular season games, but I can't think of a single pass he's made that has made me go "wow".

In one game, I have already said "wow" with an undrafted rookie in Sloter. With the throw to Raymond on the sideline. He extended the play and made the throw he needed to. I'm not saying he should be starting though right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Wow. I can see sloter did good. But what's all this hate with Trevor? Dude had a solid game. We didn't even start throwing the ball til the second quarter and I thought he looked sharp. Lynch however needs to be 3rd string. He looked terrible. No rythem. Just flat. And this is his second year? Wow
    I think Trevor was simply what people expected. Did some good things. Didn't do anything special. But, he wasn't necessarily given the opportunity for that. I'm fairly certain Trevor will be the starting Qb based on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Lynch looked lost out there. He couldn't seem to do anything unless the play happened right in front of him. About two seconds after every snap he freaked out and the play was pretty much over as far as expecting him to perform as an NFL QB. Imagine a taller, skinnier Tim Tebow with less patience.

Calm down. It's one preseason game. When Siemian was a rookie, he looked good with winning drives in 2 games against 3rd-team defenses, made a name for himself and the Broncos decided to carry him on the roster instead of risk losing him after the final cuts. So, let's see if Sloter can do the same. Right now, Sloter is probably fighting to make the Broncos decide between 53-man roster or practice squad. Also, we don't know when Chad Kelly will be ready to practice. Will Kelly land on IR? It's going to be a crowded QB room. One step at a time.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Calm down. It's one preseason game. When Siemian was a rookie, he looked good with winning drives in 2 games against 3rd-team defenses, made a name for himself and the Broncos decided to carry him on the roster instead of risk losing him after the final cuts. So, let's see if Sloter can do the same. Right now, Sloter is probably fighting to make the Broncos decide between 53-man roster or practice squad. Also, we don't know when Chad Kelly will be ready to practice. Will Kelly land on IR? It's going to be a crowded QB room. One step at a time.
    I totally concur!

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think Kelly will land on IR and I'm hoping that Sloter pulls off the same thing that Siemian did as far as staying on the team.