Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Sloter

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    What I like about Slotter was that he took advantage of every opportunity he had. I donít care what units he faced. Every active QB on our roster has played against those same type of unit between this season and last. And he blew their performances away. He made everyone of his few pass attempts count big time. And he lifted the play of the units he was commanding. All those WRís that are fighting for a job, here or elsewhere, he put the ball in spots where they could make a play and if they didnít, it was on them. He stood up to VJís challenge that he was basically just a camp arm. How can u not love that!

He gave us great Bronco preseason football. Now does that mean he might be a great starter? Who knows. I do know that if I were a team like the Jets, Jags, 49ers, or Colts, Iíd be licking my chops hoping we released him. Because he is clearly better option than what those teams have right now.
    Yes to all of this. Sloter made a believer out of me. No way he clears waivers. I hope he makes the roster.

I was impressed too. I like Sloter but I don't understand why VJ and Elway are coddling Paxton Lynch and are afraid to speak the truth to the media and say that Sloter has surpassed Paxton even with this being Sloter's true rookie year and Paxton's second year. It will be a travesty if he doesn't make the 53 because of PL!!

I actually hope they cut him and he gets a chance to start for another team where there is no QB drama. Getting a whole game to play to himself is rare and a great chance for him! I wish him luck. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals pick him up in a heartbeat if he is available!
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    He has one of the quickest releases like Dan the man that I have seen in years.
    That Sloter floater he threw early on when rolling to his left, Brady couldn't do, John couldn't do.
    He throws the ball into very tight windows and it gets there.

This kid has so much upside it's crazy.
    If this was Elway's pick, then Sloter can save Elway's QB Talent reputation and maybe next year, this team could be well on it's way to being a solid team with a solid QB.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
    What I ask myself is what kind of numbers would Paxton have thrown for last night? From what I've seen from PL so far I don't think there's any way he does as well as Sloter did last night if he wasn't injured and started instead.
    Plus, you have to give Sloter credit for bouncing back from a terrible start!!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Not to mention that Donald Stephenson wasn't helpful in pass protection on either side.
    Do you think he even makes the cut? He did not do himself any favors last night.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I was impressed too. I like Sloter but I don't understand why VJ and Elway are coddling Paxton Lynch and are afraid to speak the truth to the media and say that Sloter has surpassed Paxton even with this being Sloter's true rookie year and Paxton's second year. It will be a travesty if he doesn't make the 53 because of PL!!

I actually hope they cut him and he gets a chance to start for another team where there is no QB drama. Getting a whole game to play to himself is rare and a great chance for him! I wish him luck. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals pick him up in a heartbeat if he is available!
    The politics of this is total hogwash. Coach VJ and GM JE have to admit that that Sloter is by far superior on the Field than Paxton however because it all involves the Cash that you paid to Paxton vs the No Cash that was paid to Sloter and the bottom line is not fielding the best team because if this was true they would field Sloter as the backup to Trevor however we all know that they will not instead they will continue to coddle Paxton and tell us fans and the media just how good Paxton can be. Unreal that we have to see this go down like this.
    Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 09-01-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    gotcha just saw that. He did say very quickly though that the depth chart has not changed when asked whether or not Sloter has played well enough to be the backup. Best we can hope for is that he makes the roster as the #3 QB
    I am not impressed with VJ's statements. He seems too afraid to speak the truth, makes me think there is someone telling him what not to say behind the scenes. With all the fake rhetoric in the political news these days it sucks that we have to hear one thing when everybody knows what is really going on because we can easily see it.

A bit extreme in your thoughts but understandable given the disappointing performance of PL and the rhetoric coming out of the FO.

I feel like this will work out for Sloter and the Broncos, hard to imagine a scenario where he is let go without an uprising. I can't imagine Lynch wants to be in Denver at this point, time for Elway and company to man up.

#allinonsloter
    [

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The politics of this is total hogwash. Coach VJ and GM JE have to admit that that Kelly is by far superior on the Field than Paxton however because it all involves the Cash that you paid to Paxton vs the No Cash that was paid to Kelly and the bottom line is not fielding the best team because if this was true they would field Kelly as the backup to Trevor however we all know that they will not instead they will continue to coddle Paxton and tell us fans and the media just how good Paxton can be. Unreal that we have to see this go down like this.
    Why do you refer to Kelly in your post? Don't you mean Sloter?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Why do you refer to Kelly in your post? Don't you mean Sloter?
    Oh Ya sorry ! Sloter not Kelly my bad !

I hope Sloter makes the team. He earned to be the 2nd imo

I am not impressed with VJ's statements. He seems too afraid to speak the truth, makes me think there is someone telling him what not to say behind the scenes. With all the fake rhetoric in the political news these days it sucks that we have to hear one thing when everybody knows what is really going on because we can easily see it.
    It's how he speaks to the media. Because, it's how all coaches speak to the media. All of that doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what he says to his players and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    A bit extreme in your thoughts but understandable given the disappointing performance of PL and the rhetoric coming out of the FO.

I feel like this will work out for Sloter and the Broncos, hard to imagine a scenario where he is let go without an uprising. I can't imagine Lynch wants to be in Denver at this point, time for Elway and company to man up.

#allinonsloter
    Agreed. Sloter put on a clinic last night that cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Agreed. Sloter put on a clinic last night that cannot be ignored.
    I could'nt imagine him being cut. If he was that would be the worst cut i ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I could'nt imagine him being cut. If he was that would be the worst cut i ever seen.
    And what would that say to the team? Along with the Ward cut? Not sure it says if you play better than your competition you're still gone.