Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zeke Suspended

Zeke Suspended

Not sure if its the right spot for this... after all the Deflategate crap that went on and how inept the league office, specifically Roger Goodell, has proven to be.

What is the opinion of the Zeke suspension here?

Does this suspension change the mind of any Broncos fans about the league's discipline process?

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post
    Not sure if its the right spot for this... after all the Deflategate crap that went on and how inept the league office, specifically Roger Goodell, has proven to be.

Does this suspension change the mind of any Broncos fans about the league's discipline process?
    nope I think an employer has the right to send a message to its employees that certain behaviors will not be tolerated and even if you are not convicted of a crime if you embarrass your employer they should have the right to discipline you in a reasonable manner, this is reasonable the dude has been in the league a whole year and been a walking disaster off the field the entire year...

If I beat up my wife the bank I work for would not hesitate to can my butt, the league should have the same right.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bgpatsfan View Post

There's pictures of the victim all bruised up, which makes one question the DA who decided there was no case. Then while the investigation was going on there is film of him pulling down the top of some random woman and then grabbing her breast. And then a Dallas DJ ended up with a broken nose after an interaction with Elliott.

If anything it makes me question law enforcement who looked into the various cases and it makes me question both Elliott and the people around him. If he doesn't grow up he's going to end up like Josh Gordon, except with off field trouble not pot.

As for Deflategate, remember your owner specifically accepted all responsibility and consequences for what happened. It wasn't until after Brady was suspended that he started getting upset. If the owner accepted the guilt and the team punishments without saying much of anything, there was obviously something there.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

This is actually a decent topic. Moved to NFL and Other Teams.

Goodell is not the guy for this job-- he's all over the board on these types of issues and making the NFL look foolish with his inconsistency and seemingly random decisions about who gets penalized and who does not. The PA should have a disciplinary board and keep Goodell out of it.

Adopted Mod: Best Mod Ever: EddieMac
    Adopted New Person: Peapod
    Adopted Video: WatercoolerJam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozu5KdXhL0

Good thing for us... won't have to deal with him week 2. That should change the landscape of things a lot. We could potentially go into the bye 3-1 or maybe 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Good thing for us... won't have to deal with him week 2. That should change the landscape of things a lot. We could potentially go into the bye 3-1 or maybe 4-0.
    He's appealing and can play while the appeals process is on-going. I heard he's going to keep appealing until all steps are exhausted.

It took Brady a year to serve his suspension. I have a feeling we'll be playing Zeke during week 2.

I don't think it went far enough.

Josh Gordon received an indefinite ban due to his Marijuana abuse. Clearly, the NFL is no place for Marijuana use. Domestic violence - that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Goodell is not the guy for this job-- he's all over the board on these types of issues and making the NFL look foolish with his inconsistency and seemingly random decisions about who gets penalized and who does not. The PA should have a disciplinary board and keep Goodell out of it.
    This is horse poop.

It's the NFL's responsibility to punish policy violations.

Roger Goodell may or may not be the right person for the job, but that's a different issue.

Putting the players in charge of discipline just means there won't be any punishment at all, at least none that actually matters.

Goodell made a mistake with Ray Rice when he reacted to the backlash over the initial suspension. As we learned later, that was the correct suspension and he should have told the complainers to kick rocks. He tried to make the complainers happy and all they did was make up another excuse to complain. This is the only time people can legitimately say he screwed up, but they often get it wrong on how he screwed up.
    Last edited by broncolee; 08-17-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

My gut tells me he will end up with 2 or 3 games. Goodell probably has him in fantasy football, and will be "expecting" even less discipline in the end.

Zeke is a great talent but appears to be a handful off the field. Will be watching his career closely for other such signs.

Apparently there a three incidents that the NFL believes are legitimate violations by Elliott. If this is true, they treated them as one violation and only gave him six games. In that case, the suspension better stand at six and Elliott should consider himself lucky.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    He's appealing and can play while the appeals process is on-going. I heard he's going to keep appealing until all steps are exhausted.

It took Brady a year to serve his suspension. I have a feeling we'll be playing Zeke during week 2.
    I look forward to chatting with you again soon. Few more weeks!

Carry on J!

Christine Brennan's piece on his appeal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ion/574573001/

ESPN's Todd Archer relayed Friday that arbitrator Harold Henderson is expected to hand down his decision before Week 1. Elliott is expected to make his lone preseason appearance Saturday night against the Raiders, according to the Dallas News.

BREAKING! BREAKING ...

Elliott's suspension is UPHELD, the entire 6 games. He is allowed to play Sunday though. Might not be the end of this?